Sponsored

Brand New 22 Willys missing parts from factory, now on back order - Looking for advice

joelskirsch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Occupation
Digital Marketing
Hey everyone, after a few months of waiting, I took delivery of my new Jeep last week. The morning after I drove it home from the dealership, I noticed spots in the driveway and took it back to the dealer to have it looked at. It turns out there's 2 parts missing in the cooling system that basically were never put on during production (awesome right?). The dealer called me today to say that the parts for my Jeep are on back order and are only being used for new Jeep builds and since TECHNICALLY mine is considered complete by Jeep I have to simply wait the days/weeks/months that it could take. I've called the Jeep customer service line and have an open case number but my question to everyone here is: Is there anything else I should be doing? Any other avenues to communicate with Jeep?

I appreciate any advice anyone can offer.
Sponsored

emilboya

First Name
Emil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3 (Sold) & Jeep JL
Occupation
Process Engineer
...they forgot to install them? makes you wonder what else they forgot. At this point check your local Lemon laws and see if that may help. I personally would push for a brand new Jeep but that may be excessive

But if they really did forget them that is ridiculous.

@JeepCares

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase
Leave it with them for 31 days....and Lemon the phocccccckkkkkkkk out of it.

OP
OP
joelskirsch

joelskirsch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Digital Marketing
...they forgot to install them? makes you wonder what else they forgot. At this point check your local Lemon laws and see if that may help. I personally would push for a brand new Jeep but that may be excessive

But if they really did forget them that is ridiculous.

@JeepCares
Thanks for your help. Yeah, literally not installed... My salesperson told me that they're seeing more and more issues coming from production with staffing shortages etc. Not very comforting.

Sponsored

OP
OP
joelskirsch

joelskirsch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I don’t believe them. List the parts.
I don't remember the names off hand I can call tomorrow and ask. I don't know why they would lie about it though... Jeep Customer Service confirmed they did order them and they're paying for my loaner

missionale

First Name
Jeepie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Butt load of stuff OOS these days (even maintenance items), but that Jeep should have never left the assembly line.
agreed - it would have been leaking at the factory - during inspection - during transport - at the dealers - and it would have been empty by the time it got to the customer - something ain't right here doc.....

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I don't remember the names off hand I can call tomorrow and ask. I don't know why they would lie about it though... Jeep Customer Service confirmed they did order them and they're paying for my loaner
Which engine?

Sponsored

OP
OP
joelskirsch

joelskirsch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Digital Marketing
3.6L. From what I’ve seen the last week working with service I don’t think they inspected it at all before giving it to me

OP
OP
joelskirsch

joelskirsch

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Digital Marketing
Okay - so I called the service manager and got a better explanation. The Hose Coolant Return from EGR is missing a weld for the mounting bracket. Apparently the part was flawed when they put it on the Jeep but sent it through anyway (not sure who to even believe anymore tbh)

Part #68298579-ac

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I wonder if all the production interruptions might cause some additional QA/QC issues?

Anything is possible. I remember when the JL was just being built back in 2018. A JL was sent to the dealer with 2 different color fenders. If that got out of the factory, certainly a engine with a missing hose clamp can be missed.
Sponsored