Sponsored

Brand new 2.0 - no cabin heat! SOLVED

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Something is definitely wrong there. My 2.0 starts blowing hot air here in Michigan in like <15 seconds I swear.
My 20 2.0 heats up faster than ANY vehicle I’ve ever owned and I’ve owned a bunch. Our drive is 1/4 mile long, and on single digit days there is heat before I hit them end of the drive. Double check you are doing what the manual says-if you are and no heat it needs to seethe dealer asap.

OP
OP

desmomini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 2.0l
Brand new and can’t get an appointment for three months- call Jeep Cares. Utterly ridiculous.

Great idea. Just called them.

"Mailbox is full and cannot accept new messages at this time. Please try again later. Goodbye."

Will try calling back second closest dealer (who I called an hour ago, and who said, "We'll have our scheduler call you back right away"). If no luck with them, will try Jeep Cares again.

OP
OP

desmomini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 2.0l
Okay, dealer #2 can do November 2.

That's fine. I've got 2,000 miles on it now, so they'll do the first oil change as well.

Don't really need heat in South Carolina before Thanksgiving (if then) anyway.

Will report back once it's fixed. My bet is something related to the blend door actuator - it's either nonfunctional, missing, or isn't getting the signal it needs to cross over. We'll see!

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Okay, dealer #2 can do November 2.

That's fine. I've got 2,000 miles on it now, so they'll do the first oil change as well.

Don't really need heat in South Carolina before Thanksgiving (if then) anyway.

Will report back once it's fixed. My bet is something related to the blend door actuator - it's either nonfunctional, missing, or isn't getting the signal it needs to cross over. We'll see!
Well good luck, let us know what it was.

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

Well, this is interesting. Called the local dealer - the first appointment they could give me is January 9th.

I bought five hours away. I did buy from the close guys twice in the past - guess they feel like spurned lovers now.

Guess it's on to calling the next closest, and seeing how far out they're "booked."
I would suggest a drop in with the innocent, hey can you show me how to get the heat on?

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
It wouldn't hurt to check the coolant level, that's the black reservoir with a screw cap and dipstick, if your 2.0T is the same as my 2018.
You have 2000 miles on it, and could have a coolant leak, which has been reported on some 2..0 Turbos

OP
OP

desmomini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 2.0l
It wouldn't hurt to check the coolant level, that's the black reservoir with a screw cap and dipstick, if your 2.0T is the same as my 2018.
You have 2000 miles on it, and could have a coolant leak, which has been reported on some 2..0 Turbos
As mentioned, did that.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Will report back once it's fixed. My bet is something related to the blend door actuator - it's either nonfunctional, missing, or isn't getting the signal it needs to cross over.
Coincidentally, we had the blend door motor replaced in Offspring's Honda exactly one year ago. The motor had failed during the summer, leaving the blend door fully in the Cold position. This wasn't noticed, of course, until daily temps cooled sufficiently to compel us to use the heat. The absence of warmed air for the defroster function was the real issue, and a critical one.

$3xx.xx later and all was good again.

Hopefully your issue is quickly and efficiently resolved via the warranty process.

And just yesterday, we woke up to our first overnight frost. Offspring couldn't turn the defroster on fast enough. :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Brand new 2.0 - no cabin heat! SOLVED 1665424790985

Sponsored

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Yes , it’s good to be specific big difference between clear and opaque. Of course it was FULL everybody keeps Screaming low coolant ! Like it would get through PDI empty.
Because they are not talking about the opaque reservoir. They are refering to the solid black reservoir with the dip stick. There are two coolant reservoirs on the 2.0L. One is for the turbo the other for the engine.

And yes the black reservoir on many have got thru the PDI low. Mine was barely on the tip of the dip stick. I had them add about 8-10oz of coolant to mine before I left.

OP
OP

desmomini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 2.0l
Coincidentally, we had the blend door motor replaced in Offspring's Honda exactly one year ago. The motor had failed during the summer, leaving the blend door fully in the Cold position.

Yep, this seems consistent with a non-functioning blend door:

- zero heat
- FREEZING cold
- massive airflow (as a Jeep should have)
- fuses, coolant, UConnect in general OK
- all operations done in strict accordance with owner's manual (and with my prior 2016 JK and all the JL's I've rented from Hertz)

Dealer will tell the tale in three weeks.

OP
OP

desmomini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 2.0l
Because they are not talking about the opaque reservoir. They are refering to the solid black reservoir with the dip stick. There are two coolant reservoirs on the 2.0L. One is for the turbo the other for the engine.

And yes the black reservoir on many have got thru the PDI low. Mine was barely on the tip of the dip stick. I had them add about 8-10oz of coolant to mine before I left.
Yeah, that guy has clearly never spent a second with a 2.0.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Yep, this seems consistent with a non-functioning blend door.

Dealer will tell the tale in three weeks.
You're blessed with a bit of time here, SC's climate being a bit more temperate than PA. Good luck with the dealer. đź‘Ť

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4XE, 20 C8, 20 Indian, 55 Studebaker truck
Hopefully you have heated seats! I’ve been driving my son to school every morning with the sky top open and heated seats on- very pleasant!
Sponsored