Sponsored

Brakes locking on New Rubicon

Ajlombardojr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Hi all, I have a new Rubicon with a manual transmission and have driven 105 miles. Was at a stop sign, started off in 1st gear, put in the clutch to shift into 2nd and the brakes locked up. Pulled over, turned the Jeep off, back on and got the same thing. I was 1/2 mile from home and was able to nurse it home I n 1st gear. Called road side assistance and had it towed to the dealer. The Jeep isnā€™t throwing any codes, and the dealer put in a tech assist call to FCA. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this, a d what the end result was.
Sponsored

mackh4x0r

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Watching this one. I just ordered a new jeep so I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me.

OP
OP

Ajlombardojr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Watching this one. I just ordered a new jeep so I'm hoping this doesn't happen to me.
I wouldnā€™t worry too much. It certainly does t happen often. Iā€™ll post everything that happens with dealer response and how it turns out.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
so you depressed the clutch and the brakes locked up?

How many miles are on vehicle?

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
you have fcw? curious how much brake fluid is in the res.

Our 20 and 21 had low fills on all fluids.

FCW can cause unexpected braking, some of the alarms can be silenced. I crap my pants in the first 500 miles while one a freeway with a truck trailer behind me and a kia came up on the adjacent lane and I was brake checking the truck behind me. If you have this check the settings.

Also press your fuses down if you have not.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350
Thanks for the advice. Iā€™ll check it out.
Do you have the adaptive cruise/ advanced safety group? Do you get any audible warning with the brake lockup?

OP
OP

Ajlombardojr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Do you have the adaptive cruise/ advanced safety group? Do you get any audible warning with the brake lockup?
Nope, donā€™t have it and didnā€™t get an audible. The dealer drove it and said theyā€™re reaching out to Corp technical support as there are no codes or errors being thrown.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Ajlombardojr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just spoke with the dealer and neither they, nor Jeep corporate tech support know what it is. Theyā€™re thinking their is an issue with the clutch/transmission that happened when the car was built.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just spoke with the dealer and neither they, nor Jeep corporate tech support know what it is. Theyā€™re thinking their is an issue with the clutch/transmission that happened when the car was built.
Sorry to hear this! Although our team cannot guarantee any certain outcome, we can certainly look in to this further with you. Send us a private message with more details if you'd like assistance.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sabrinamarcus

First Name
Sabrina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Sorry to hear this! Although our team cannot guarantee any certain outcome, we can certainly look in to this further with you. Send us a private message with more details if you'd like assistance.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Dear Kate,

I have a 2018 manual JLU Rubicon. I have had the rear brakes lock up twice on this vehicle, both times in 4WD low. The first time was 2019 on the Rubicon trail. The last time was today at Moab. I too would like to correspond directly. I wheel with certified mechanics and they believe this is computer generated.
Sponsored