Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Will brake line extensions be required for a 2.5'' lift? I've heard you can bend the bracket a bit to allow enough length but would like to know beforehand. Thx.
Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Will brake line extensions be required for a 2.5'' lift? I've heard you can bend the bracket a bit to allow enough length but would like to know beforehand. Thx.
Youll be fine bending brackets, im at almost 6-1/2” and i have stock lines

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The brake line anchor brackets on the front lower control arms will no longer be used, and there are extension brackets that lower the frame anchors. Those 2 tweaks should offer plenty of slack for the factory front brake lines. Also, don't forget to make sure there's enough slack in the elocker and fad wiring harnesses.

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I plan to remove the tree rivets for the FAD and elocker (may have already disconnected those). The rockjock lower CA's accommodate the lower brakeline bracket (unlike most aftermarket that don't). I was really wondering if the upper frame extender would be necessary since many kits include it.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I plan to remove the tree rivets for the FAD and elocker (may have already disconnected those). The rockjock lower CA's accommodate the lower brakeline bracket (unlike most aftermarket that don't). I was really wondering if the upper frame extender would be necessary since many kits include it.
Rock jock 👍🏻👍🏻 Good stuff. Those are going on my girls rig as well

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Rock jock 👍🏻👍🏻 Good stuff. Those are going on my girls rig as well
I'm loving them so far. I'd planned to use their springs but ordered my shocks and accutune comfort ride 2.5's together. I might still swap over to rockjock springs if the accutunes don't suit me. Few on this forum seem to be running them and I like trying different things..who knows.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm loving them so far. I'd planned to use their springs but ordered my shocks and accutune comfort ride 2.5's together. I might still swap over to rockjock springs if the accutunes don't suit me. Few on this forum seem to be running them and I like trying different things..who knows.
The acutunes will ride very nice, i had them on mine for a brief while. The rock jocks will be taller though

OP
OP
Rodeoflyer

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I also ordered some 3/4'' daystar rear spacers and lower spring correction pads along with teraflex 2'' bumps and shim kit. I hear the accutunes perfectly level, if not a nose high. I may install the spacers in the rear until I get a new bumper/winch.

I'll have everything else at that point (adjustable endlinks, control arms, trackbars/relocation bracket, etc) and can just swap different springs in and out.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I ended up putting 1” spacers all around on mine, when I had them. But then I do like height, mines currently tall as hell. Yeah springs are super simple once you figure out the height you want.

Sponsored

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I won't be needed those extended brake lines the vendor said I need for my coilovers.
What vender and what coilovers. Evo are the longest, bolt on kit. And ive had my axles drooped out futher with the coils off of them trying to get them back in, which is a freaking nightmare in the front. And there was still plenty of slack, thats like 36” or so id say drooped fully out (without the shocks)

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
What vender and what coilovers. Evo are the longest, bolt on kit. And ive had my axles drooped out futher with the coils off of them trying to get them back in, which is a freaking nightmare in the front. And there was still plenty of slack, thats like 36” or so id say drooped fully out (without the shocks)
I'm doing the Recon setup with Kings from Rebel offroad, If you have plenty of slack i'm sure I'll be fine. I already have the brake lines and they are built way better than the factory lines so I may use them anyway as long as I don't have a mess of extra slack at ride height.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm doing the Recon setup with Kings from Rebel offroad, If you have plenty of slack i'm sure I'll be fine. I already have the brake lines and they are built way better than the factory lines so I may use them anyway as long as I don't have a mess of extra slack at ride height.
Oh right on, yeah id put them on too if i had them lol. Are they installing it? Just asking because they are not good at tightening things. My brake came off, my friends dad had his step side fall off they put on. Some of the bolts on my black out window were loose. I just dont trust them. Sorry to say because i think its a cool shop

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Oh right on, yeah id put them on too if i had them lol. Are they installing it? Just asking because they are not good at tightening things. My brake came off, my friends dad had his step side fall off they put on. Some of the bolts on my black out window were loose. I just dont trust them. Sorry to say because i think its a cool shop
Same boat, I really like some of their products, but have heard some bad things about their installs so I'll be doing it myself. Doing axles at the same time, should be a fun few days of rolling around on the concrete, busting knuckles, inventing new cuss words, and tasting loctite!
Sponsored