Brake controller question - Mopar vs Tekonsha

Btibnd

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Wondering if anyone has tried installing a Tekonsha Prodigy ID using the same method as the Mopar brake controller in the slot where the “cigarette lighter” is housed.

https://www.tekonsha.com/product/90920_trailer-brake-control-proportional

Seems like it would fit similarly, but curious whether anyone has tired it? Have used other Tekonsha models in the past and like them, so the hidden design seems really intriguing.

thanks.
Sponsored

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JKURD AEV JL370; 2014 GC Overland Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
Thanks for sharing this. This is my first time seeing that model. I saw a YouTube where someone mounted a RedArc over to the left of the steering column, to keep the 12v outlet in tact. When my jeep finally comes in, I will make a decision of some sort, as I tow with my current JK often, and I have always been happy with my Telonsha controllers.

bobholthaus

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JKURD AEV JL370; 2014 GC Overland Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technology Integrator
Anyone install a Prodigy ID yet? I'd like to do it over on the left side under the light switch, if possible (this is a Redarc in this pic; I like the Prodigy ID better with it's digital screen). I have not taken delivery of my JLURD yet, but I will check this out.

Jeep Wrangler JL Brake controller question - Mopar vs Tekonsha 1674420444222

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Wondering if anyone has tried installing a Tekonsha Prodigy ID using the same method as the Mopar brake controller in the slot where the “cigarette lighter” is housed.

Seems like it would fit similarly, but curious whether anyone has tired it? Have used other Tekonsha models in the past and like them, so the hidden design seems really intriguing.

thanks.
I can’t speak for the Tekonsha but I have the Mopar where the cigarette lighter was and it has worked great for 2 years!

Decreasing Dave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURubicon XR
Occupation
Retired Federal LEO

thanks.
I have. It installed just like the Mopar one does, in place of the cigarette lighter. You have to buy the adaptor harness with it and everything was plenty long enough to pretty much run the wires wherever you wanted.

I have used it on several occasions and it works flawlessly.

Dave
Sponsored