Braille 11.5lb for AUX Battery "unboxing "

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
After numerous fours of looking up and comparing specs, I desided to pull a trigger on something that I know will last - Braille battery, for my AUX replacement.

This particular battery (part#B14115) is exactly the same size as OEM, however packs more juice. Its 15Ah vs 12Ah and has 360CCA vs 200 CCA. Came tested from factory at 483 Crank Amps.

Instead of using provided bolts to secure battery leads, I opted to reuse OEM battery studs. Used 4mm socket to unscrew studs from OEM and put them on Braille.

Bought this from tirerack as they were the lowest price and also included battery mount (which I will use on my sport scar, use 17lb baille to run and start it) $186 after tax, free shipping, arrived in 1 day.

Sorry...no pictures of a box (actually came in box in a box)

Jeep Wrangler JL Braille 11.5lb for AUX Battery "unboxing " 20220412_173106

Jeep Wrangler JL Braille 11.5lb for AUX Battery "unboxing " 20220412_165451

Jeep Wrangler JL Braille 11.5lb for AUX Battery "unboxing " 20220412_165757

Jeep Wrangler JL Braille 11.5lb for AUX Battery "unboxing " 20220412_165934

Jeep Wrangler JL Braille 11.5lb for AUX Battery "unboxing " 20220412_165318
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@BlackGenesis

Thanks much for taking the time to do this post! ...... For taking the time to provide this info regarding the install/use of the Braille (Part# B14115) .

I'd mentioned months ago on the forum that the Braille (Part# B14115) (look at the specs) would be a far far BETTER way to go in regard to an Aux battery replacement.

I did not know for sure at that time if it would definitely fit in the Aux holder box, etc., so never said do go for it to other's.

Great for you that you took the chance, purchase and installed one and it worked out great.

For sure this Braille as an Aux replacement is far far better then either of these that guys/gals have been buying and installing versus an OEM battery. Yes a bit more pricey but well worth the extra $... and yes it is a tad heavier battery but that is no big deal.

DieHard Platinum AGM Battery, BCI Group Size 400, 200 CCA
Part # AUX14-1

Super Start Platinum Auxiliary Battery Group Size 400
Part #AUX14

I added a link to this thread to the Aux Battery replacement the easy way... pull the fender flare thread..
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-way-pull-the-fender-flare.56807/post-1911638

OP
OP
BlackGenesis

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Yes, Braille is havier then OEM, but reword is far better power/performance. These batteries are lightweight when comparing between batteries of similar cranking amps, not of similar size...incase someone is entering why its labeled as light weight.

I am using 17lb battery which is closely equivalent to a 34lb battery in CA to start my 3.8L V6 in the Genesis.

Taking fender flair off with fender liner is very easy proces, I am glad I saw @Rhinebeck01 post/link talking about prior to changing out battery.

One thing to note, is that my EES did not work for a year (due to bad AUX battery) and lead to main battery going out sooner.
If you have non functioning or poorly functioning EES - might be time to replace AUX

Sponsored

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
Wow, thanks for the information. This sounds like a great AUX battery replacement option.

The only problem I have with this option, is that I became aware of it 6 days after already replacing my AUX battery. :CWL: I did the Super Start Platinum Auxiliary Battery Group Size 400 Part #AUX14 . Had I known that this one fit and could be gotten in a day or two I would have gone for it. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

OP, please post a followup to let us know how this battery is holding up. Thanks.

OP
OP
BlackGenesis

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Wow, thanks for the information. This sounds like a great AUX battery replacement option.

The only problem I have with this option, is that I became aware of it 6 days after already replacing my AUX battery. :CWL: I did the Super Start Platinum Auxiliary Battery Group Size 400 Part #AUX14 . Had I known that this one fit and could be gotten in a day or two I would have gone for it. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

OP, please post a followup to let us know how this battery is holding up. Thanks.
Yes that follow up would be maybe two years from now. Or maybe I should time it how long jlthe jeep can stay with engine off while running AC with blower at low and music half way up.

I have 17lb Braille which I purchased 9 month ago. Sat in the garage on my table since I pulled it from my car in October...has 12.8v as of yesterday.
Used it to start the jeep in the winter 2 times to warm up, as original full size battery and AUX were completely dead in the Jeep since I parked it past fall.

NULL POINTER

First Name
Carmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator Rubicon, '19 VetteZ06 7spdVert,
Occupation
Old Fart
Yes that follow up would be maybe two years from now. Or maybe I should time it how long jlthe jeep can stay with engine off while running AC with blower at low and music half way up.

I have 17lb Braille which I purchased 9 month ago. Sat in the garage on my table since I pulled it from my car in October...has 12.8v as of yesterday.
Used it to start the jeep in the winter 2 times to warm up, as original full size battery and AUX were completely dead in the Jeep since I parked it past fall.
I figure in the Florida heat, my new AUX battery will be dead in two years or less, so I may come back on here and ask how the Braille is doing. Even though I keep the Jeep in the garage, it gets hot in there when outside temps are high 90's or more. The heat just cooks batteries. Thanks again for posting this valuable info.

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
GREAT timing on this, just ordered one from Tire Rack as well, 2 day shipping to CA at about 4:30 west coast time, still free though.

Many thanks for the post.

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
After numerous fours of looking up and comparing specs, I desided to pull a trigger on something that I know will last - Braille battery, for my AUX replacement.

This particular battery (part#B14115) is exactly the same size as OEM, however packs more juice. Its 15Ah vs 12Ah and has 360CCA vs 200 CCA. Came tested from factory at 483 Crank Amps.

Instead of using provided bolts to secure battery leads, I opted to reuse OEM battery studs. Used 4mm socket to unscrew studs from OEM and put them on Braille.

Bought this from tirerack as they were the lowest price and also included battery mount (which I will use on my sport scar, use 17lb baille to run and start it) $186 after tax, free shipping, arrived in 1 day.

Sorry...no pictures of a box (actually came in box in a box)

Jeep Wrangler JL Braille 11.5lb for AUX Battery "unboxing " Screenshot_20220412-170433_Chrome

Jeep Wrangler JL Braille 11.5lb for AUX Battery "unboxing " Screenshot_20220412-170433_Chrome

Thank you! Just bought one from Summit Racing for $159 plus tax, free shipping.

Sponsored

DWS44

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toy Box: 2022 JLUR 392 + '17 C7 GS & '21 C8 Vettes
Occupation
CAD/IT Manager (Civil/Airport Design)
Thanks to @BlackGenesis for the heads up! Ordered one of these to replace my Aux batt and installed it today. The little test sheet that came with mine showed 511 Cranking Amps.

Also appreciated @alphalife9 for the Summit Racing price tip! I started to order from Summit, but it appeared their shipping would have had arriving too late for me to install while off for the holiday. I found the Braille was also available from Jegs with faster shipping since they were closer to me (also free) and they matched Summit's price...so that is another potential source for everyone to keep in mind.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
OP
OP
BlackGenesis

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I wonder if the Braille could replace the standard battery also? Thanks for the fender flare link, I saw it done in a video and he made it look easy.
You can use Braille instead of you main, but you will need smaller then stock size battery.

B3121 - Lightweight AGM Battery 21lb for max capacity.

I run 17lb Braille in my Genesis with 3.8V6 as the only battery. Car was stored in late fall, battery sitting in the garage. I thrown in this battery mid winter in the Jeep to warm it up (not driven in the winter, had no battery), had no problem starting even though battery set on the shelf 2 months without trickle.

Tiny 17lb looked like 1/3 of OEM....room for storage?

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
@BlackGenesis How is the Braille battery holding up? Anything to report? Would you buy it again?

Our OEM batteries just died today at 14k miles and two months shy of 2 years of service. Picked up an X2 from Battery Plus this afternoon, and looking at ordering a Braille for the aux. I have one in another car and it's been solid.

OP
OP
BlackGenesis

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
@BlackGenesis How is the Braille battery holding up? Anything to report? Would you buy it again?

Our OEM batteries just died today at 14k miles and two months shy of 2 years of service. Picked up an X2 from Battery Plus this afternoon, and looking at ordering a Braille for the aux. I have one in another car and it's been solid.
Both Braille in my Jeep and 4 year old Braille in my Genesis holding up great.
Sponsored