Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Heading to a Bourbon and Bacon event tonight. A lot of stuff on the sample list!

Clyde Mays Sp Rsv 6yr Clyde Mays Straight Rye Bradshaw Ky Straight Bradshaw Ky Rye Four Roses Small Batch Select Four Roses Sng Barrel 100 Buffalo Chip American Wyoming Whiskey Sm Batch Boulder Single Malt Amber Oak Boulder Bottled in Bond Whistle Pig Rye 10yr Whistle Pig Dbl Malt Rye 18yr Whistle Pig Straight Rye 12yr Coopers Craft 100 Gentleman Jack Jack Daniels Sng Brl Proof Jack Daniels Bonded Jack Daniels Single Barrel Twice Brld Old Forester 1870 Old Forester 1897 Old Forester 1920 Old Forester Statesman Old Forester 1910 Woodford Rsv Straight Rye Woodford Rsv Double Oak Amador Dbl Barrel Wheat Chard Smooth Ambler 92 Smooth Ambler 105 Rye Jefferson Rsv Jefferson Ocean Jefferson Ocean Rye Rabbit Hole Boxer Grail Rye Rabbit Hole Dareinger Sherry Cask Templeton Rye 6yr Templeton Rye 10yr Davies County Toasted Davies County Lightly Toasted Davies County French Oak Yellowstone Select 93 Thomas S. Moore Port Wsk Thomas S. Moore Cab Wsk Rebel Yell Single Brl 10yr Blantons Buffalo Trace Buffalo Trace Cream Elmer T. Lee 90 E.H. Taylor Brl Proof Sazerac Rye 6yr Weller Sp Rsv Weller C.Y.P.B Weller Full Proof Belfour 92 Duke 88 Elijah Craig Sm Batch Nelson Brothers Blended Old Elk Four Grain Old Elk Str Wheated Caribou Crossing Calumet Farms 15yr Calumet Farms 16yr Calumet Farms 8yr Kentucky Owl Confiscated Michters Rye Sng Brl Michters Small Batch Michters Small Batch Sour Mash Rock Filter Red Rider Rye Rock Filter Black Hammer Bourbon Rock Filter Giants of the Earth Rock Filter Fence Jumper Blackfork Farms Bourbon Clay Turner Rock River Old 48 Rock River Dbl Brl Spirits by Glacial Lakes
Rebel Yell Single Brl 10yr. Give this a try, drank many a bottle and unless things have changed NOT sold S of the Mason Dixon Line..
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Checked off another distillery yesterday. We love visiting, hearing the history and tasting of course. We drive by this one all the time and yesterday finally decided to pop in. No tours currently but you can sign up for a tasting. Cool story of a very young distillery (est 2016). Family owned (nice to see a couple of these still around). Everything they do comes from their family and their property all grown from "grain to glass" they call it. Their niche is they use Butcher Blood Corn. It is a specific red corn. We have done about 12 or so distilleries and tours and you could see this one was different from the rest of the "corporate" ones. Cool bar, cool restaurant (we will go back during the summer).

The bourbon. They have 3 to try. Unfortunately all their bourbon I think is just too young. Oldest is 4 years so to my very weak palate they all were just ok except for the Rye offering. If you like rye, which I do, it was good and at $50 I left with a bottle. They are very supportive of Vets and had a RWB (Red, White, Blue) bourbon made from a mixture of their red, white and blue corn varieties they grow. Again only 4 yrs old and at $92 it was not good enough for me to leave with a bottle.

So the reason for writing this review. If you are ever in KY, driving from Louisville to Lexington on your way to the bourbon trail stop right off the interstate and visit this place. It is very cool and support the few left family owned distilleries.

IMG_3228.jpg

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

IMG_3231.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg
What distillery is this? I swear I didn't see the nane if you posted it.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Rebel Yell Single Brl 10yr. Give this a try, drank many a bottle and unless things have changed NOT sold S of the Mason Dixon Line..
Name a product “ Rebel Yell”. Don’t sell it in the south. Yep, makes sense.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
They did do somewhat of a rebrand and dropped the Yell part. Now just Rebel. We get Rebel 80 proof, Rebel 100, Rebel Single Barrel Distillers Collection and Cask Strength in Georgia.

I know Rebel 10yr is sold at the Lux Row visitor center in Bardstown and Kentucky is South of the Mason Dixon Line. I thought I saw 10yr in Ga too, but maybe I saw it on my Midwest adventure over new years or in a Secondary group.

BTW, Rebel Yell was (is?) the bourbon of choice for Keith Richards and Billy Idol wrote the song Rebel Yell after seeing the Rolling Stones drinking it back stage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... Mason-and-Dixon-Line

Last edited:

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
We for

They did do somewhat of a rebrand and dropped the Yell part. Now just Rebel. We get Rebel 80 proof, Rebel 100, Rebel Single Barrel Distillers Collection and Cask Strength in Georgia.

I know Rebel 10yr is sold at the Lux Row visitor center in Bardstown and Kentucky is South of the Mason Dixon Line. I thought I saw 10yr in Ga too, but maybe I saw it on my Midwest adventure over new years or in a Secondary group.

BTW, Rebel Yell was (is?) the bourbon of choice for Keith Richards and Billy Idol wrote the song Rebel Yell after seeing the Rolling Stones drinking it back stage.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... Mason-and-Dixon-Line
Good to hear, not seen it in YEARS! I drank it back in the early 70s and not a lot of stores carried .

Ut was made by Stizel - Weller, back in the day when I was in Liquor sales. My 2 lines were Bourbons and Scotches, later they realigned it to American Bourbons and Whiskeys and I dropped the Scotches. I toured most of the Tenn/Kentucky distilleries. At that time WL Weller Special Reserve was the number 1 selling Bourbon in Texas.

It was fun but after a year being the Number 1 Sales guy I quit when the boss took me off commission and put me on Min wage...BECAUSE I was a college student! I was in his office talking with him and I just happened to mention I was going to college and he WHAT! and said I don't college guys anything but min wage. I said I have increased sales significantly over the past year. I am your top sales guys...I don't care. I QUIT and walked out the door.

MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
As a former resident of Kentucky (who got out as soon as possible), I can assure you anything with "Rebel" in the name or a Confederate Flag will sell plenty above the Mason Dixon Line...

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
As a former resident of Kentucky (who got out as soon as possible), I can assure you anything with "Rebel" in the name or a Confederate Flag will sell plenty above the Mason Dixon Line...
It’ll sell everywhere (never to me). But I figured they’re shooting themselves in the foot by not marketing it in the Deep South. Coincidentally the most enormous confederate battle flag I’ve ever seen flying is along I-24 just east of Paducah. Weird. They were neutral until attacked by the confederacy, then the union, and chose to be a union state thereafter.

No one outside of Kentucky considers Kentucky a part of The South.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Not to get completely off topic but since people are talking about it I will address it. It is weird to me how people outside of Kentucky think the confederate flag means you are racist, like slavery, hate blacks and the stereotypes go on. People wanting to remove that history and the reminders of it. When you actually live here (as I do only for the last 4+ yrs) it actually is quite acceptable (or should I say not hated) and the blacks that are born and raised here actually do not take offense to it as the media loves to portray it. To them it means way more "country" then it does "racism and slavery". I work with a lot of blacks and many have become great friends as folks here in Kentucky see skin color far less then most places to include my old home state of California. There are a TON of mix marriages here and all colors just get along. I think it is because they are "southern hospitality" first and foremost and all people just seem to like each other for there very diverse backgrounds. We have had some great conversations over great bourbon. They actually prefer ALL the memorials and monuments remain and the main reason is they feel (not me this is coming from them) that if they remain then the reminders will be clear to NEVER go back and REPEAT HISTORY as many times it does repeat.

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Alright…Looking to see if anyone wants to trade here. Finding certain bourbons is getting to be harder and harder, and if you do find them, stores want a ridiculous price! All I want is a Weller 12yr. If anyone wants to trade or sell, shoot me an IM!

Sponsored

Sublime

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella Rubicon
Alright…Looking to see if anyone wants to trade here. Finding certain bourbons is getting to be harder and harder, and if you do find them, stores want a ridiculous price! All I want is a Weller 12yr. If anyone wants to trade or sell, shoot me an IM!
It's too bad ebay put a stop to buying/selling alcohol. I bought some good stuff there.

"Auction is for the collectible bottle, contents are incidental." :CWL:

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
You’re not getting my Uncanny X-Men 131 for some random Archie comic. What do you have that’s comparable that you’re willing to trade?

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Sadly all I have extra is a Reserve and an EHT...

Shak14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
You’re not getting my Uncanny X-Men 131 for some random Archie comic. What do you have that’s comparable that you’re willing to trade?
LOL! Perfect! It’s all in the eye of the beholder really. What are you looking for? I feel like different regions have a surplus of different bourbons.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
LOL! Perfect! It’s all in the eye of the beholder really. What are you looking for? I feel like different regions have a surplus of different bourbons.
Old Forrester Single Barrel?
Sponsored