Bourbon talk...

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
A town near me has Thumb Butte Distillery, which makes several items including Bloody Basin Bourbon. Have any of you tried this?

""The mash bill of 74% corn, 21% rye and 4% barley has become the winning combination of the finest grains available. After multiple distillations and filtrations, Bloody Basin Bourbon is aged in air dried, port wine infused, American white oak acquired from a Kentucky wood drying yard. This whisky is truly ‘art you can drink’.

2017 Bronze Medal American Distilling Institute
2017 Bronze Medal Washington Cup"

https://thumbbuttedistillery.com/bloody-basin-bourbon/

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 1666066798685
Sponsored

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A town near me has Thumb Butte Distillery, which makes several items including Bloody Basin Bourbon. Have any of you tried this?

""The mash bill of 74% corn, 21% rye and 4% barley has become the winning combination of the finest grains available. After multiple distillations and filtrations, Bloody Basin Bourbon is aged in air dried, port wine infused, American white oak acquired from a Kentucky wood drying yard. This whisky is truly ‘art you can drink’.

2017 Bronze Medal American Distilling Institute
2017 Bronze Medal Washington Cup"

https://thumbbuttedistillery.com/bloody-basin-bourbon/

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 20221015_172714
I know it's Butte like "She's a beaut, Clark".
But the 8 yo in me makes me chuckle at that name.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... v4wh7

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Elijah Craig!

Elijah Craig is one of my go to's, I love it! I got to sample this the other day it was life changing!!

The bartender is a friend of mine and he was like its $20 a shot I was like ok let me try it. That is the shot he poured for me in a rocks glass LOL!!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 1666803521178

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
There was a small distillery in Boise about a mile and a half from my house called 8 Feathers Distillery. They were my top shelf, middle shelf and my bottom shelf (ya see my pattern here). They were making small batches of several different bourbons, whiskeys, etc. with local ingredients and it was surprisingly inexpensive. Well a large distillery found them, offered the owners a pile of cash and they left without a trace, er Buffalo Trace, haha. Oh and you could stop by the "tasting room" but you'd better have a DD or in my case, be prepared to walk that mile and a half home.

Long shot here but if anyone knows who bought them out, I'd love to know.

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I got my "tater" bottle today. Smoke Wagon Straight Bourbon in the glow in the dark Halloween bottle. First one I bought because of the bottle alone.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... 20221026_113934
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... Screenshot_20221026-134131_Chrome

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
I didn’t spit it out. I also wouldn’t pay $55 for it again. After such a glowing recommendation and such an unequivocal “meh” by my taste buds, I took a look at their website and realized there’s different varieties of the .36 Ranger Creek. Maybe the Cask Strength or Single Barrel variants are better. I got the “regular” one. For me it’s just another mid shelf bourbon. It’ll make for some interesting mixing in my infinity flask which is getting low.

As always with anything that involves individual tastes, YMMV.
Bought my last bottle, the new ownership has decided Stump Water is better. Not sure what happened BUT NOT the same as my first few bottles years ago, time to find a new distiller.

I did pick up a bottle of Bookers 125 for $90 bucks, I took one sip and cleared my mouth with some cool water and a touch of lemon waited for a while, and tried another shot and OMG, was it Gasoline???? I am a HIGH proof drinker, always have been. Gonna give another shot and if its not better dunno, POUR it out, like pouring $90 bucks down the drain....

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Bought my last bottle, the new ownership has decided Stump Water is better. Not sure what happened BUT NOT the same as my first few bottles years ago, time to find a new distiller.

I did pick up a bottle of Bookers 125 for $90 bucks, I took one sip and cleared my mouth with some cool water and a touch of lemon waited for a while, and tried another shot and OMG, was it Gasoline???? I am a HIGH proof drinker, always have been. Gonna give another shot and if its not better dunno, POUR it out, like pouring $90 bucks down the drain....
That sucks, I would leave it open / uncapped for a while too. It might change the gasoline level taste. Ya never know

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link

Don’t waste it. Stuff like this is why I started an infinity flask. I’ve put 2 or 3 different whiskies that I don’t like in there together and sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. It’s also kind of bittersweet because you can never replicate a formula that turns out great. Also, I like having it for guests who drink but don’t know or appreciate good bourbon. It’s a novelty and they almost always say it tastes great. After a couple of rounds I let them pick something to refill the flask.

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Yeah Jeremy I was doing the same for awhile with an infinity bottle and for some reason got away from it I'll have to revisit it. And you are spot on with the bittersweet side of it, but I never though to pass it off to "non-bourbon" drinkers. That's a great idea lol!!!
Sponsored