MRH512

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
anyone have suggestions for the new year? gave the Kirkland Canadian whiskey a taste. It isn't my favorite but for the price it does make a decent old fashion. Ill be headed out to find something new to try for super bowl. Hoping to find a good Rye.
If you're looking for rye, Rittenhouse is 100% rye, 100 proof, and IMHO friggin delicious. The best part, it's <$30/bottle.
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

If you're looking for rye, Rittenhouse is 100% rye, 100 proof, and IMHO friggin delicious. The best part, it's <$30/bottle.
awesome! ive added it to the to try list. gonna swing into total wine and see if they have a bottle this weekend

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

I also just finished off a bottle of Colonel E.H. Taylor Rye. That was a great bottle for sipping

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Basil Hayden dark rye is pretty good. I keep eyeing the Sazerac after a drink from a while ago. Picked up some Michters small batch that I'm enjoying.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Basil Hayden dark rye is pretty good. I keep eyeing the Sazerac after a drink from a while ago. Picked up some Michters small batch that I'm enjoying.
For the money my favorite Rye is by far the Sazerac.

Sponsored

stevepoz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red JLUR
I'm not much for drinking rye neat, but do prefer it in an OF over bourbon. After testing 7 or 8 "budget" ryes, I've settled on Old Forester 100 Rye.

My latest bottle that I've picked up was Larceny Barrel Proof A124, but after blinding it against C923, I prefer C923. I'm more of a Wheater guy, and the next I think I'm going to pick up is a Southern Star Paragon wheated bourbon out of North Carolina or Bernhiem Barrel Proof A224 Wheat Whiskey if I run across one.
I love OF Rye. Great for the price

bondijoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe - Sarge Green
Glad to see some activity on this thread. Someone else mentioned Elijah Craig which was my gateway to bourbon and a solid everyday. The EC barrel proofs are also great but need some ice. Woodford Double Oaked probably my favorite bourbon that you can find in any store. Also enjoying my bottle of Four Roses Small Batch Select. Picked up a bottle of Old Forester 1910 recently and will open that soon.

Flip

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Build Thread
Link
I gave up Beam a long time ago, I decided to go top shelf and I thoroughly enjoyed Pappy Van Winkles, Knob creek 9 and sometimes Makers Mark, very smooth & tasty. I don't know why maybe too strong for me, but they started giving me a headache so back to the bottom shelf. I'm currently trying out some Evan Williams. 😬

Cheers fellas 🥃

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
OMG

So the other day I talking with a guy while waiting in line at a eatery. Turns out he was in sales for liquors, not retail but big stuff all over the state.

We talked and I mentioned that at one time the number 1 selling was W L Weller 90/ 107 /112 and then they disappeared. He said over his 30+ years in the business things have really changed a lot. In the old days each distiller mostly sold his own brand(s). Today most distillers have been bought out by big companies that own lots of brands.

Then he told me: If you like WL Weller you will love Buffalo Trace 90 proof. OK I will try it and WOW W L Weller all over again. Now I am a Happy Camper...finally!

Voodooridr

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU WILLYS
Give Eagle Rare a try if you like the Weller, they're both buffalo Trace products along with Blantons and Pappy, all of it's fantastic

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Give Eagle Rare a try if you like the Weller, they're both buffalo Trace products along with Blantons and Pappy, all of it's fantastic
I have had Blantons, but not the Eagle or Pappy's and they are on my list of try it... Thanks

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
My brother's buddy works for the Idaho State Liquor Dispensary, he pooled together 14 different bottles of Bourbon for a three round taste test over the course of three weekends with a good sized group friends. Long story short, apparently they need to repeat the first round with considerably smaller tasters 🤣😂
The good news, for me that is, I should be able to make it next time. I'll try and remember to post the results.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Ct_Formula

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JL, 2011 JK Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Self Employed
Tonight's pour is brought to you by Gary Jones Jr who was looking out for my white whale. Thanks Gary!
Jeep Wrangler JL Bourbon talk... IMG_6088

dbp512

First Name
don quixote
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Sting Grey Rubicon 4xE
If it hasn't been brought up yet, Rabbit Hole is one to try. They have a few different mash bills depending on what you like; I have great memories of drinking their dareringer on warm summer nights in the Kentucky woods. And if you're ever in Louisville, their distillery is a sight to behold, and their barkeep comes up with some fantastic cocktails.
Sponsored