Sponsored

Bought at Criswell and used their financing - no pay-off penalty, but risk of losing 2% discount post-sale? How?

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
im all for us, the consumers, to get a good deal but this seems odd. why make the deal knowing their stipulations and welching on it? if the agreement was to wait six months, then wait six months.
Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I'm currently in process of ordering through Criswell too. Same stipulation, must finance through dealer to receive extra 2% discount. Also they mentioned I must finance 75%+ of the loan amount to receive discount. Has anyone refi'd a Criswell loan yet? Would like to get the extra discount but have option of doing a refi for better rate + more cash down.

OP
OP

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR, 2014 Jeep GC Summit
I'm currently in process of ordering through Criswell too. Same stipulation, must finance through dealer to receive extra 2% discount. Also they mentioned I must finance 75%+ of the loan amount to receive discount. Has anyone refi'd a Criswell loan yet? Would like to get the extra discount but have option of doing a refi for better rate + more cash down.
yes, I just refi’d two months in with NavyFed at 2.19%. Someone else here refi’d either just before or just after their first payment. No issues.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
yes, I just refi’d two months in with NavyFed at 2.19%. Someone else here refi’d either just before or just after their first payment. No issues.
Awesome thanks! Big difference in rates they provided vs what you saw shopping around? Also assuming navy fed is for veterans?

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
I can't believe these dealers are doing this to you guys. I've had some experiences, but this is by far the worst I've ever heard.

Sponsored

OP
OP

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome thanks! Big difference in rates they provided vs what you saw shopping around? Also assuming navy fed is for veterans?
You do need to have someone who served in some branch of the military in your family though they did not validate what I told them about my dad being enlisted in the Marines (which he was).

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
I can't believe these dealers are doing this to you guys. I've had some experiences, but this is by far the worst I've ever heard.
I hear ya but I’d take this over 0 discount which most dealers offer where I live! I guess bottom line is they want to make most profit they can. They lower the sale price of the vehicle and make up the difference via loans.

OP
OP

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had a fantastic experience and got about 12% under MSRP (7% under invoice). No dealer in my area would come even close to this. Plus, I did everything over the phone or by email and didn't step one foot on the lot until pickup day. On pickup day, my car was detailed and waiting for me out front. I did a one-way car rental from home in PA to the dealer and Enterprise picked up my car on the lot at some point in the day - they said they do it several times a week from Criswell, so these guys are pros at dealing with out-of-towners.

I signed a few docs and my sales person Leon Travis ([email protected]) got the requisite education about the vehicle and then went into the finance office, which was also pleasant though there were some attempts at selling me extra protection (which is normal) and pushing me towards leasing (an obvious higher-profit endeavor for the dealer).

All in all, I'd 100% do it again without hesitation and, in fact, plan to do just that when the redesigned 2022 Grand Cherokee comes out.

Marlon_JB2

First Name
Marlon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR, 2014 Dodge Dart GT
Occupation
Jeep Builder
I had a fantastic experience and got about 12% under MSRP (7% under invoice). No dealer in my area would come even close to this. Plus, I did everything over the phone or by email and didn't step one foot on the lot until pickup day. On pickup day, my car was detailed and waiting for me out front. I did a one-way car rental from home in PA to the dealer and Enterprise picked up my car on the lot at some point in the day - they said they do it several times a week from Criswell, so these guys are pros at dealing with out-of-towners.

I signed a few docs and my sales person Leon Travis ([email protected]) got the requisite education about the vehicle and then went into the finance office, which was also pleasant though there were some attempts at selling me extra protection (which is normal) and pushing me towards leasing (an obvious higher-profit endeavor for the dealer).

All in all, I'd 100% do it again without hesitation and, in fact, plan to do just that when the redesigned 2022 Grand Cherokee comes out.
I still wouldn't be able to deal with these gimmicks. I like a straight deal.

HOWEVER, NOW WE'RE TALKING!!!!

You go right ahead and do that with your Grand Cherokee. I'll be at the plant taking care of ya. I can make that happen. Where's my wrench?

OP
OP

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still wouldn't be able to deal with these gimmicks. I like a straight deal.

HOWEVER, NOW WE'RE TALKING!!!!

You go right ahead and do that with your Grand Cherokee. I'll be at the plant taking care of ya. I can make that happen. Where's my wrench?
If you like straight deals, skip the financing and you still get 5% under invoice, no hassles.

The GC is still my favorite vehicle. I'm on my third and I've had this one for 6 years ('14 Summit). I'll hit you up when I put the order in for my '22 Summit!

Sponsored

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys

Been working with Leon on couple options for my 2021 wrangler order. Extremely responsive, honest, straight shooter.

OP
OP

srs148

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been working with Leon on couple options for my 2021 wrangler order. Extremely responsive, honest, straight shooter.
And efficient. He wasted no time during the delivery process, but was still thorough and friendly.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
And efficient. He wasted no time during the delivery process, but was still thorough and friendly.
Yeah could tell he knows his stuff. Doesn’t act like he’s doing you a favor selling you a car like some other dealers I met with.
Sponsored