Bought a new Jeep and took it out for a spin

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Welcome to the world of the Wrangler! Two quick things … lower the tire pressure (assuming your dealer set it too high like most of us) and take a moment to push down each of the fuses …. Enjoy the new rig, it has the right number of doors!

OP
OP
jjvincent

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler, 2017 VW Alltrack, 2003 VW Eurovan
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Man those are great pics.. I'm envious.. Not jealous but for sure envious..
The most nail biting part of the trip was when I had to get that RV down to the Flaming Gorge area. It was like 10 miles of off road and the last 2 were one way. Getting to the beach was a challenge but i got it all there and out. Not as bad when I took the whole thing to Phillips Lake in Nebraska. That was the limit to what that RV could do. At least I had a Jeep. So I could just unhook it and get help.

OP
OP
jjvincent

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Welcome to the world of the Wrangler! Two quick things … lower the tire pressure (assuming your dealer set it too high like most of us) and take a moment to push down each of the fuses …. Enjoy the new rig, it has the right number of doors!
I work at a garage and we see a fair amount of Jeeps. Good thing is that I got to drive all sorts of them in various configurations before I bought mine. I was going to get an older one but decided against it as I deal with too many rusty vehicles here in PA. Thus just went with new. For mine the only real issue was the lower ball joints came loose after Moab. So I ditched the castle nuts and went with washers and lock nuts. I like how well it did in Moab.

Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I work at a garage and we see a fair amount of Jeeps. Good thing is that I got to drive all sorts of them in various configurations before I bought mine. I was going to get an older one but decided against it as I deal with too many rusty vehicles here in PA. Thus just went with new. For mine the only real issue was the lower ball joints came loose after Moab. So I ditched the castle nuts and went with washers and lock nuts. I like how well it did in Moab.
wise choice … you have the updated steering box out of the gate and get to avoid the early recalls.

OP
OP
jjvincent

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thank you for helping to keep the two door alive 🤘
For me it was a preference as to driving enough customer Jeeps that range from the early 80's to new. Many are stock and others are heavily modified. Thus I liked the 2 door and especially the driving dynamics of the latest version. Honestly, it's like driving a jacked up Mini Cooper. You have to remember, I drive lots of different cars on a daily basis, so I compare one to the other.

For full disclosure, I am really a sportscar guy and work on cars like this (997 GT3R) on the side along with doing car repair.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bought a new Jeep and took it out for a spin 997GT3Ra

OP
OP
jjvincent

jjvincent

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Thank you for helping to keep the two door alive 🤘
I even keep other 2 doors alive. Here's mine next to a 1989 version that I did a ton of work to, as it was sitting for the last five years.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bought a new Jeep and took it out for a spin Jeep5

2 door rubi

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
I even keep other 2 doors alive. Here's mine next to a 1989 version that I did a ton of work to, as it was sitting for the last five years.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bought a new Jeep and took it out for a spin Jeep5

Hi Vincent. Same deal here, with old vs new. Had a mint 95 Sahara back in 05/06. You know the one, green, i6, manual, with the tan hardtop. Was saving up for another one but decided to go new back in November. Got it in December. Ordered as close to the 95 that I could. It's been 8 months now and still haven't been off road. I'm in harrisburg btw.
20210903_172207.jpg