Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR, , 84 CJ7 , 22 TREMOR, 23 Model Y
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
I like to live a bit on the dangerous side so I decided to test the flex of my Factory XR suspension. I literally just parked here and decided to check my bump stop. Check out the pictures, the driver front is resting on the bump stop. Impressive, for such a capable vehicle. NOT! This is beyond insane, all I did was add a winch and now I have a 1" lower front end that bottoms out over almost every railroad track on my route. Maybe it's the KC's that put it over the edge.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bottomed out my 22 JLURXR today - It was some crazy XTREME offorading IMG_7675.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Bottomed out my 22 JLURXR today - It was some crazy XTREME offorading IMG_7676.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Bottomed out my 22 JLURXR today - It was some crazy XTREME offorading IMG_7673 3.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Bottomed out my 22 JLURXR today - It was some crazy XTREME offorading IMG_7674.JPG

I know people have spoke about it before in here, but I dont think anyone gets the "Gravity of the Situation" lol I already have a new lift for it but it so sad that they claim this to be a better option. A sport has more clearance. Bottoming out on bumps is no fun, it really hits hard.
Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler unlimited rubicon
That is kind of sad. Just seen that, the XR is a no go IMO.

OP
OP
goose77

goose77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
That is kind of sad. Just seen that, the XR is a no go IMO.
I know man It sucks I still think its sorta worth it for the wheels, axles etc.. Maybe But it drives like crap with this winch.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Not sure, but I think if you were to load it more that bump stop will give another couple inches raising driver side and dropping passenger side giving a much different picture. You really don't appear to have much weight at all on the driver front, just enough to tap the bumpstop.

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You will need at least the mopar 2” lift. I feel that the XR is good if you are not adding any weight. Those extended bump stops are a joke even if you don’t add any weight. There is a whole thread addressing this problem and people are bottoming out on the streets in small bumps.

Sponsored

Herson

First Name
Herson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is my regular rubicon up travel space for reference. I have a steel bumper with winch.

B721B82A-F39A-4683-A39C-199AD2460687.jpeg

Plumbean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon XR
Curious what the part number is on the front springs that came with it. See the XR Observations thread for more on this. I have about 1.75 inches of clearance on mine from the factory (steel bumper group and tow package included), so I would be really surprised that adding a winch would do this. I'm wondering if the 2022s may have shipped with other springs?

OP
OP
goose77

goose77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
You will need at least the mopar 2” lift. I feel that the XR is good if you are not adding any weight. Those extended bump stops are a joke even if you don’t add any weight. There is a whole thread addressing this problem and people are bottoming out on the streets in small bumps.
Yes, read it all. Still pretty sad this is Jeeps answer to Xtreme Offroading

OP
OP
goose77

goose77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
Here is my regular rubicon up travel space for reference. I have a steel bumper with winch.

Jeep Wrangler JL Bottomed out my 22 JLURXR today - It was some crazy XTREME offorading B721B82A-F39A-4683-A39C-199AD2460687
WOW I have maybe have 3/4" space between the bump and stop

Sponsored

OP
OP
goose77

goose77

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.toolsinaction.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Pan Handler
Vehicle Showcase
Curious what the part number is on the front springs that came with it. See the XR Observations thread for more on this. I have about 1.75 inches of clearance on mine from the factory (steel bumper group and tow package included), so I would be really surprised that adding a winch would do this. I'm wondering if the 2022s may have shipped with other springs?
Yea i may have the dealer look at it . The local dealer is a bunch of 18 year old kids that cant handle an oil change lol

MSparks909

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon 3.0
Yea i may have the dealer look at it . The local dealer is a bunch of 18 year old kids that cant handle an oil change lol
My 392XR was the same way after I added a winch. Had to add an actual lift to get any kind of uptravel back

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
There’s not much gap under the bump stop, it’s true. And I’ve bottomed mine out on the street 1 or 2 times (usually in a pothole at 30-35mph) but it wheels just great so far and I’m not feeling the bumpstop’s making contact while out on the trail. I wheeled circles around the stock rubicons at EJS this spring with my otherwise unmodified XR.

Last edited:

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
Im picking mine up this week. Really kicking myself at this point, should have opted for the diesel and just bought aftermarket wheels and tires. Based on everyone’s input on this forum, the XR needs more time/effort put into it.
Sponsored