gonavy34

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Perhaps you and I are using the foot pegs “too hard”
That has to be the answer...when the tech said it seemed like someone had stood on the hinges, I cringed a bit and thought I need to go easier on the foot pegs...I blamed my kid ;)
Sponsored

Jeepishness

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY][GALLERY=][/GALLERY]
I can confirm that the issue is the JPeGz mirrors. Had this same problem last time my doors were off. I think it's because of the foot rest itself. I simply lined them back up and tightened them down really good. I don't expect it to be a problem again.
I took my doors off for the first time and tried to install my new Jpeggz but the threaded Jpeggz rod was not centered inside of the lower hinge on the driver side which prevents the bolt from being able to screw down onto the Jpeggz. When looking at the hinge on the body side, I can see that there is an edge around the bolt and hinge where there is no paint. I think maybe the hinge must have been loose and was moved out of alignment when removing the door. I want try to adjust the hinge up a little to align my Jpeggz and then remove them and see if the door still aligns. Does anyone know how to loosen and then re-tighten the painted hex bolts on the body's hinge without damaging the paint?

image.jpeg

Last edited:

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
Don't bother with the door hex screw. This issue is with the two bolts on the inside of the door panel. Loose those with a 15 or 16 mm socket. Put the door in place and only slightly loosen each bolt move it back into alignment and tighten both bolts again. I have since moved on from the JPeggz as this is an issue. I switched to individual foot pegs off of Amazon and no matter how much I push they have not moved.

The inside door hinges get misaligned when when you're bolting in the JPeggz. No one thinks to look, but you can see the factory placement underneath them when the JPeggz are installed.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Jeepishness

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't bother with the door hex screw. This issue is with the two bolts on the inside of the door panel. Loose those with a 15 or 16 mm socket. Put the door in place and only slightly loosen each bolt move it back into alignment and tighten both bolts again. I have since moved on from the JPeggz as this is an issue. I switched to individual foot pegs off of Amazon and no matter how much I push they have not moved.

They inside door hinges get misaligned when when you're bolting in the JPeggz. No one thinks to look, but you can see the factory placement underneath them when the JPeggz are installed.

Good luck!
Thanks, I like that the Jpeggz mirrors don't budge when highway driving. Maybe not bolt the bottom one down. I've been using the foot rest without the bolt because I can't get the bolt on since it's misaligned. I'd have to makeshift something to go in the hinge and over the Jpeggz screw to stop corrosion.

OP
OP
bpdunsta

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab

The inside door hinges get misaligned when when you're bolting in the JPeggz. No one thinks to look, but you can see the factory placement underneath them when the JPeggz are installed.

Good luck!
Thanks so much for this. Just realigned mine in about 2 minutes!

Sponsored

OP
OP
bpdunsta

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab

Good luck!
@OldJupiter -- which foot pegs did you order from Amazon?

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I can confirm that the issue is the JPeGz mirrors. Had this same problem last time my doors were off. I think it's because of the foot rest itself. I simply lined them back up and tightened them down really good. I don't expect it to be a problem again.
Did tightening them up fix this or is it still an issue?

fastdrive

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Lotus Elise, 2014 BMW R1200GS, 2015 MB C400
I’ve been using my Jpegz and have not installed the bolt on the bottom footrest. Only bolt on the top hinges. Have had no problems either with foot pressure or wind pressure at high speeds.

Jeepishness

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve been using my Jpegz and have not installed the bolt on the bottom footrest. Only bolt on the top hinges. Have had no problems either with foot pressure or wind pressure at high speeds.
Great to hear. This will be my approach next spring.

Sponsored

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Put my doors back on today for the first time in 2.5 months and had this exact same issue with the same mirrors.

Glad I found this so I know what to adjust tomorrow.

nellynel

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for figuring this out guys, same issue, jpegz mirrors

TratzPatratz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
Sorry to bump an old thread but have any of you with the Jpeggz moved onto the kikbax design and had alignment issues at all?

or is it generally a good idea to stay away from these 1 piece mirror / foot peg solutions?

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
The problem is over tightening the bolts on the Jpeggz…just do them snug & you should have no issues