Sponsored

Bottom Hinges “Out of Alignment” on Front Doors

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
I’ve been taking the doors off pretty often, and either going doorless or running the EAG tubular doors most of the summer. When I put the full doors back on the other day, I noticed the bottom hinge on both front doors is misaligned (see photo). I know this isn’t normal, but not sure what adjustment “options” I have.

Has this happened to anybody else?

16675898-5071-4194-B455-5D62E53D7CAF.jpeg
Sponsored

Fatman

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU 2001 Corvette 1999 SLK 230 (2) 2004 S2000 2013 Tiguan 2014 Explorer PIU 2005 F150 2011 C-200 2012 Lexus Prius TO MANY CARS!
Occupation
Retired / BUM
strange, I'm assuming the one that has moved is the one on the body not the door. just returned from a trip and found some loose bolts~

OP
OP
bpdunsta

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
strange, I'm assuming the one that has moved is the one on the body not the door. just returned from a trip and found some loose bolts~
I think it is the body since my JPegz mirrors don’t sit quite right either (pain in the arse to get the bottom bolts to tighten) and my EAG doors sit a little cockeyed on bottom too.

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
How do you hang your doors when they're not on the jeep? I've heard the hinge hangers can mess up the door hinges.

OP
OP
bpdunsta

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
How do you hang your doors when they're not on the jeep? I've heard the hinge hangers can mess up the door hinges.
I use ARC Off-road door hangers, so I don’t think that caused my issue. I think it was the EAG tube doors. Perhaps as I tightened those hinges with the door in place, I managed to bend/move the part attached to the body.

Sponsored

Krambeck

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
I think it is the body since my JPegz mirrors don’t sit quite right either (pain in the arse to get the bottom bolts to tighten) and my EAG doors sit a little cockeyed on bottom too.
I have the JPegz, and actually have this same issue (no doors).... Might be time for some new mirrors!

gonavy34

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I’ve been taking the doors off pretty often, and either going doorless or running the EAG tubular doors most of the summer. When I put the full doors back on the other day, I noticed the bottom hinge on both front doors is misaligned (see photo). I know this isn’t normal, but not sure what adjustment “options” I have.

Has this happened to anybody else?

16675898-5071-4194-B455-5D62E53D7CAF.jpeg
Yes - was just about to start a new thread. I have the same issue...both front doors...I can't see how anything would be adjusted since nothing is loose as far as the hinges.

I've removed the doors twice, and they have sat in a door rack, so not hung on anything.

Now I can't get the lower bolt in for each front door.

At a loss and thinking about turning problem over to the dealership...

I also have the JPeGz mirrors, but didn't have an issue with them last time I used them

IMG_20190724_134225.jpg

IMG_20190724_134230.jpg

IMG_20190724_134244.jpg

IMG_20190724_134247.jpg

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
@bpdunsta : I don't say this to split hair but make a point.

You are reporting an "apparent" misalignment of the rear hinge--i.e. what you observe.

It could be the result of the top hinge pin or hinge and/or the bottom hinge pin or hinge being off.

The hinge pin, as you may know forms part of the hinge. I almost wish its that because it's easier to reorder a replacement, get your rig's spray MOPAR spray paint for it, and perhaps a can of this, and replace it. Maybe the pin is bent on one or more or its threads compromised.

https://www.amazon.com/SprayMax-Gla...EMAK5DEJHH0&psc=1&refRID=3H5CJM19GEMAK5DEJHH0

Maybe one or both hinges is out of alignment with the door and tightening the bolts that secure it to the door after adjusting it is all that's needed.

The torx bolts you screw in, conversely, aren't bolts, their technically nuts as FCA refers to them. Their threaded hollowed out center with torx head can mistake them for bolts, but they are not.

Curious to see what the dealer comes up with.

OldJupiter

First Name
Old Jupiter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door JL Sport
I have the JPeggz and I believe they are the problem. I have realigned the bottom hinges myself twice. You can see the misalignment when you open the door and look at the two bolts. The top hinge seems to stay in place. A few other members also noted this in another thread. Time for some new mirrors.

Anyone looking for a pair? :) Send me a DM

Sponsored

bem1

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lantanapcguy.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I can confirm that the issue is the JPeGz mirrors. Had this same problem last time my doors were off. I think it's because of the foot rest itself. I simply lined them back up and tightened them down really good. I don't expect it to be a problem again.

OP
OP
bpdunsta

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
This makes sense now that I think about it. I have JPeggz and EAG tubular doors. Only the front doors are misaligned, and after having the passenger side “fixed” at a dealer last month I’ve only used the JPeggz and not the EAG doors....and the passenger side door is misaligned again.

I was quick to blame the doors, but I think it may be the mirrors after all.

gonavy34

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
So the issue was the lower hinge on both sides...though it didn't feel loose (I agree with that assessment by dealer), it had slipped down a bit. So they loosened the hinge, moved it back up, and tightened it.

Simple fix that didn't seem so obvious...

OP
OP
bpdunsta

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
So the issue was the lower hinge on both sides...though it didn't feel loose (I agree with that assessment by dealer), it had slipped down a bit. So they loosened the hinge, moved it back up, and tightened it.

Simple fix that didn't seem so obvious...
Perhaps you and I are using the foot pegs “too hard”