Sponsored

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Victorinox Swiss Army Knife RescueTool

When I bought my JLUR, I bought one of these to match the one in my MDX. Designed to cut seatbelts, break glass, even cut through windshields! Interesting video on Victorinox' website showing the techniques for each rescue blade. Link below.

The SAK RescueTool has the prerequisite bottle opener we've been talking about as our primary need. I hope I never need the special rescue blades either helping others or for myself!

If you ever need to use the knife for rescue, be sure to wear gloves and eye protection!

The RescueTool is a bit pricey on Victorinox' website, but I paid less online. Quality is never inexpensive.

P.S.: It doesn't replace the Leatherman I also have in both vehicles. Different tools for different uses.

Jeep Wrangler JL . 1596321798595

https://www.victorinox.com/us/en/Pr...s/Large-Pocket-Knives/RescueTool/p/0.8623.MWN

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Last weekend I was out camping and I had forgotten my bottle opener. No biggie I just go to the Jeep to use the door latch. First time using the JL's door latch for this and I found that for some reason I couldn't get it to work as well as it did on my TJ or my buddy's old JK. Just didn't seem like the latch was able to grip the bottle cap in the same way. Don't worry, I was able to get the bottle open safely with a bic lighter (felt like college again). While I survived it certainly isn't convenient. Has anyone else had trouble with the JL's bottle opener? Has anyone found a better bottle opener for the JL? Maybe I should just throw one in the glove box.
Try real beer. Canadians invented twist off cap so you don't waste time looking for an opener and instead you can drink more beers.

KrispyKotex

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Rubicon Snazzberry
Occupation
USN Submariner (ret), IT Analyst/Network Engineer
OP said he went camping with bottled beer. Many campers know at certain parks this is not allowed. Ever step on a broken bottle or bottle cap, or bust a bottle accidentally? I know the bottle tastes better, and many more choices, but consider canned beer when going out for adventurous weekends. No, I'm not the bottle police, completely opposite I think, but when I do these things, it sucks, but I switch to canned beer. :)

Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
u mean these ?
Jeep Wrangler JL . image
who the hell want to shove a bottle on something that have been worn all over the place. stepping in what ever crap is on the ground. i'll stick with my gerber multi tool.

508_Jeep

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler
who the hell want to shove a bottle on something that have been worn all over the place. stepping in what ever crap is on the ground. i'll stick with my gerber multi tool.
I didnā€™t get em for the bottle opener, didnā€™t realize it til later.

Tru-Trac

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Went to the Artec website, still can't figure out where this thing mounts--especially since they say "The JL Bottle Opener mounts directly under the roll bar next to the front seats and conveniently tucks up and out of the way. "Tucks" out of the way when not needed, even when bolted tight? Very poor description, and far-too-small installed picture on their website.

Is that flat, thin sheet-metal piece positioned "just along the lines" of airbag deployment?" Hmmmm. Flat and thin sheet metal protuberances are likely not airbag-friendly. Kind of knife-like against a pressurized fabric.

This MAY BE a very handy product, but there are obvious concerns that MIGHT be cleared with better information.

An old-fashioned/basic Victorinox SAK or Leatherman dedicated to the console will do the beer bottle trick and much more. AND not interfere with airbags.

Just sayin'...
Here's a picture of it mounted. There is a hole in the roll bar there and the opener comes with a nut and bolt. Piece of cake. I was worried it would annoy me when I got in the Jeep - like I might hit my head on it but not a bother at all and I never notice it unless I need to open a beer. Love it. Second picture is with the door shut and you can see there is plenty of clearance.
Jeep Wrangler JL . IMG_3838
Jeep Wrangler JL . IMG_3839

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
ā€˜Merica
u mean these ?
Jeep Wrangler JL . IMG_3839
I have a pair of these, but I canā€™t bring myself to use it because I know where my reefs walkā€”bathrooms, sidewalks, public buildings. I wouldnā€™t touch my beer to the bottom of my reefs and then raise that bottle to drink from.
Sponsored