Sponsored

JeepJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Moab
Last weekend I was out camping and I had forgotten my bottle opener. No biggie I just go to the Jeep to use the door latch. First time using the JL's door latch for this and I found that for some reason I couldn't get it to work as well as it did on my TJ or my buddy's old JK. Just didn't seem like the latch was able to grip the bottle cap in the same way. Don't worry, I was able to get the bottle open safely with a bic lighter (felt like college again). While I survived it certainly isn't convenient. Has anyone else had trouble with the JL's bottle opener? Has anyone found a better bottle opener for the JL? Maybe I should just throw one in the glove box.
Throw one in the glove box or arm rest. Bottle opener/corkscrew combo covers all my 'liquidating' needs. I keep at least one in every vehicle I/my wife owns.
With that said, anything with a straight edge will work, as you know. :)

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I keep a Swiss Army knife and a Leatherman in my arm rest, both of those have built in openers. Plus a whole bunch of other tools in the trunk that I'm sure I could improvise with.

Sponsored

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Went to the Artec website, still can't figure out where this thing mounts--especially since they say "The JL Bottle Opener mounts directly under the roll bar next to the front seats and conveniently tucks up and out of the way. "Tucks" out of the way when not needed, even when bolted tight? Very poor description, and far-too-small installed picture on their website.

Is that flat, thin sheet-metal piece positioned "just along the lines" of airbag deployment?" Hmmmm. Flat and thin sheet metal protuberances are likely not airbag-friendly. Kind of knife-like against a pressurized fabric.

This MAY BE a very handy product, but there are obvious concerns that MIGHT be cleared with better information.

An old-fashioned/basic Victorinox SAK or Leatherman dedicated to the console will do the beer bottle trick and much more. AND not interfere with airbags.

Just sayin'...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Last weekend I was out camping and I had forgotten my bottle opener. No biggie I just go to the Jeep to use the door latch. First time using the JL's door latch for this and I found that for some reason I couldn't get it to work as well as it did on my TJ or my buddy's old JK. Just didn't seem like the latch was able to grip the bottle cap in the same way. Don't worry, I was able to get the bottle open safely with a bic lighter (felt like college again). While I survived it certainly isn't convenient. Has anyone else had trouble with the JL's bottle opener? Has anyone found a better bottle opener for the JL? Maybe I should just throw one in the glove box.
Yes. Same thing happened to me couple of weeks ago: used to open my bottles with the door latch on my JK, I wasn’t able to do it with my JL. I tried the front doors, rear doors and the tailgate. No luck.

It appears the JL latches are bigger; they don’t hold the bottle cap in place.

There’s one improvement idea for the 2023 JL update.

Sponsored

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
Went to the Artec website, still can't figure out where this thing mounts--especially since they say "The JL Bottle Opener mounts directly under the roll bar next to the front seats and conveniently tucks up and out of the way. "Tucks" out of the way when not needed, even when bolted tight? Very poor description, and far-too-small installed picture on their website.

Is that flat, thin sheet-metal piece positioned "just along the lines" of airbag deployment?" Hmmmm. Flat and thin sheet metal protuberances are likely not airbag-friendly. Kind of knife-like against a pressurized fabric.

This MAY BE a very handy product, but there are obvious concerns that MIGHT be cleared with better information.

An old-fashioned/basic Victorinox SAK or Leatherman dedicated to the console will do the beer bottle trick and much more. AND not interfere with airbags.

Just sayin'...
from the picture, it doesn’t look like it would get in the way of airbag deployment to me. looks like it goes above your head on side or on the sport bar. i’ll look and maybe post a pic when i’m not in a different town from my jl

JeepinMN

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RUBI JL - Sold, 2022 Rubi JLUD on Order!
Occupation
Nothin'
I have the Atlas door steps. Which has a bottle opener. Honestly my second favourite purchase (next to the sunrider). Some days it ties. LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL . 197EBF89-5BF6-499D-B5C2-A155073D973C
Kona Big Wave? Nice purchase also!

Myron

First Name
Myron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler, 1964 Land Rover SIIA 88
I keep a SAK in all my cars. Useful for so many things.
Sponsored