Sponsored

Both Rubicon rear springs have the same part number?

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I changed the title again because I'm an idiot and had the springs backward.

I have the opportunity to buy what I'm being told is a Rubicon take off suspension. The spring numbers are as follows 3589AA, 3589AA, 3659AD, 3660AD, I can confirm that they are the same, he sent me pictures of both shocks in the same picture both with the same number. He said they are off of a JLUR, with the one-touch roof, no steel bumpers and with towing package. I looked at the shock matrix and couldn't find this combo. I thought that all 4 springs had different numbers.

Do these part numbers make sense that they are actually off a Rubicon?

What about the shocks with the same numbers?

I will be putting this on my wife's JLU Sport S with hardtop, any speculation on how much lift I should expect?
Sponsored

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
OP
OP

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
@blnewt I had the spring location backwards, the same springs numbers are from the rear springs.
I did look at the spring matrix and that's why I have some concerns. If I installed these on the wife' JLU would I have any issues? I could buy the take offs (he's asking 200.00) and then just buy a new spring for 70.00 with a slightly higher spring rate for the rear passenger. Or my other option is just to buy a spacer lift since she is only going for looks and not off road performance. I just figured if I was taking everything apart just to do a spacer lift I might as well just change over the suspension to a Rubicon.

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
You may want to check to see what you have now vs these numbers. I had 3587 and 3588 in my Willys and picked up a set of 3591 and 3592 in the take offs I found. It ended up at 1 3/4". I also did TF spacers in the front with the Rubicon springs as others have to level it off.

OP
OP

ripler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I passed on the suspension, I think the spring rates are on the low end for a Rubicon. Having the same spring numbers on the rear was throwing me off. I wonder if it was a mistake from the factory.

Sponsored

20-Willys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Keep your eyes open and something else will come up. I ended up picking a set up from a member and the front was two steps up and the rear was four. I think it was a $100. Mine had the shocks already and I have a spare set.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
Both of my stock rears are 3591AA, and both of my stock fronts are 3662AD. So having both sides the same is an oem config.

I chalk it up to having the 2.0T with the eTorque battery. I also have tow pkg, dual top, and steel bumpers.
Sponsored