Not open for further replies.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Yes there is. It went out to dealers this week via email. I believe it was also posted last week in some regions/rev center areas as well.
Would this affect vehicles that have already been ordered?

OP
OP
Bostoncarconcierge

Bostoncarconcierge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Would this affect vehicles that have already been ordered?
The verdict is out on this and I would recommend folks reach out to their dealers.

Some will say, "sorry we can't do anything about it," while others are working to lock it with sold order protection.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
-The sale price (dealer discount) is locked and committed to. Rebates/rates/incentives are not locked.
Not true. When you order, if there are rebates available they are locked in. I discussed this a few times on here and confirmed it myself with Jeep Cares, the dealership, and the Jeep Rebates team.

OP
OP
Bostoncarconcierge

Bostoncarconcierge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
Not true. When you order, if there are rebates available they are locked in. I discussed this a few times on here and confirmed it myself with Jeep Cares, the dealership, and the Jeep Rebates team.
If a dealer is not using sold order protection, certain components of the deal are not locked

There are steps a dealer must follow in order for these aspects of the deal to locked. Not all dealers choose to participate

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
If a dealer is not using sold order protection, certain components of the deal are not locked

There are steps a dealer must follow in order for these aspects of the deal to locked. Not all dealers choose to participate
There is absolutely zero reason why a dealer wouldn’t do sold order protection. If ANYONE orders from a dealer that won’t select that my advice would be run away as fast as you can because they are prepping to screw you over. The only reason to leave it unchecked is because they hope that prices rise and they can charge more, or have you back out, keep your deposit, then sell it on the lot for more.

With that being said you’re still wrong. If the rebate is not locked in then you contact Jeep Cares and open a case. You then call the Jeep Rebates team and report the dealer, reference the case and provide the required documentation proving build submission date is within rebate offer period. If dealer refuses to play and do the right thing Jeep cuts a check and mails it out to you after you take delivery and provide proof of sale. Yes this is true and yes it has been done and yes anyone can verify this yourselves by contacting the Jeep Rebates team. This is a little known program that took effect earlier this year and because most dealers don’t actually know much, none of them are aware (Jeep rebates words, though not verbatim).

OP
OP
Bostoncarconcierge

Bostoncarconcierge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
There is absolutely zero reason why a dealer wouldn’t do sold order protection. If ANYONE orders from a dealer that won’t select that my advice would be run away as fast as you can because they are prepping to screw you over. The only reason to leave it unchecked is in the hopes tailgating prices rise more and they can charge more, or have you back out, keep your deposit, then sell it on the lot for more.

With that being said you’re still wrong. If the rebate is not locked in because the dealer tried to screw your then you simply contact Jeep Cares and open a case. You then call the Jeep Rebates team and report the dealer, reference the case and provide the required documentation proving build submission date. If dealer refuses to play and do the right thing Jeep cuts a check and mails it out to you. Yes this is true and yes it has been done and yes anyone can verify this themselves by contacting the Jeep Rebates team. This is a little known program that took affect earlier this year and because most dealers don’t actually know much none of them are aware (Jeep rebates words, though not verbatim).
Thank you for your input. Have a great day!

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Thank you for your input. Have a great day!
You’re welcome, just trying to share the wealth! Now that you know, you can advocate for the new customers you’ll serve on behalf of the dealership. Not knocking you in the least, just saw an opportunity to clarify a point that was mis-understood.

This is a great deal by the way... I’m just annoyed you won’t serve us with this deal down here FL!! I have a neighbor itching to get an order in at this price and would fly up to pick it up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bostoncarconcierge

Bostoncarconcierge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 392
You’re welcome, just trying to share the wealth! Now that you know, you can advocate for the new customers you’ll serve on behalf of the dealership. Not knocking you in the least, just saw an opportunity to clarify a point that was mis-understood.

This is a great deal by the way... I’m just annoyed you won’t serve us with this deal down here FL!! I have a neighbor itching to get an order in at this price and would fly up to pick it up.
I have a wonderful contact down south that can help you if you’d like to ping me: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.