Sponsored

Boss asked me if I was ready for the hurricane...

noloc45

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2004 IS300
Occupation
QA Engineer/RPA Dev
I asked if he meant if I had my Jeep gassed up and he cracked up!

Im in Orlando, FL so going to be an interesting Labor Day weekend.

Whats everyone doing to prepare?

Stay safe everyone!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully you guys don't get whacked too hard. I've got family in fort lauderdale and coral springs and a buddy on marco island. Fingers crossed that you'll just get some big puddles to play in with the Rubi.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
We’ve been through many, many hurricanes and associated weather. Exactly 2 years ago Harvey was just finishing up dropping 60” of rainfall on us over about 4 or 5 days. Take precautions, be safe, and don’t take unnecessary risks. Hope all of you in the path make it trough OK, both life and property.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I asked if he meant if I had my Jeep gassed up and cracked up!

Im in Orlando, FL so going to be an interesting Labor Day weekend.

Whats everyone doing to prepare?

Stay safe everyone!
We are not in the path of this one yet but water, food, full gas tanks, some jerry cans of fuel, and plenty of loaded magazines are always comforting to have on hand.

Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hurricane Irma went right over our house as a category 1, we had windows boarded up and we took down about 8 - 8 foot fence panels tucked them behind our shed, picked up everything that could become a projectile.

Make sure you have plenty of water, flashlights, batteries, non perishable food to last 3 days. Unless you’re fortunate enough to have a generator, then make sure you have plenty of fuel to run it for 3 days.

If you’re in the path of it and it’s a cat 2 or higher, then you should evacuate or go to a designated shelter. I’m hoping that Dorian turns and goes up the coast before landfall, that would put the whole state on the less powerful side of the storm.
Good luck everyone and stay safe.

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
The craziness has already landed here. I took vacation today to prep and they had limits on water and other supplies.
People live off three sodas a day and when a hurricane comes up they turn into a fish and need 40 cases of water.
One thing I was surprised to have easily attainable were cans of flex seal. That stuff is awesome and now it’s in clear. If I have missing shingles after this I’ll just take a can and spray the area until an appraiser can come out.
Really need to venture out tomorrow and buy a CB for the Jeep. Been meaning to do that since I bought the Jeep for trial rides and in case cell towers are down.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Be safe Florida friends. The only hurricane I have been through, living in Kentucky, was about 7-8 yrs ago, the one that hit Texas, it came up through Kentucky and hit Louisville, (not kidding), we had sustained 40-70 mph winds for hours- knocked out power for a week.

We have had our share of tornadoes, the most memorable one was in 1974. Devastated Louisville.
Good luck and don't take it lightly.

Sponsored

TimmH

First Name
Timm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
We're ready, not expecting too much here on the west coast, mostly some gusts and rain. I did fill up the 5 gallon can just in case of lost power, stopped at ABC liqour store yesterday to restock the Rum and Guiness.

Probably spend tomorrow pressure washing the pool pavers, then Sunday and Monday will porobably be cooped up watching TV until the signal goes out then switch to Netflix or Prime. Or maybe jump in the Jeep and go for a drive if it isn't too bad, after all, one of my reasons I gave the wife for it was the ability to get around after the hurricane, since Irma had us flooded in under 2-3 feet of water.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
We are always prepared. refrigerator is full, freezer is full, moved all of the missiles on of the decks, 40 gallons of gas, 12 gallons of diesel, and have a generator.

The Jeep gets moved to the middle of the pasture away from trees and waits for the CERT call up for the really bad areas.

Dagwood

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL, 1999 Jeep xj, 2008 Scion XB, 2015 Scion XB, 1966 Ford F100, 1969 Oldsmobile
All is well in Gulf Shores this morning
20190831_101640.jpg
be safe on the east side, board up, stock up and drink up.

bturleysc

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Vehicle Showcase
Now they're saying it looks like SC is going to get hit much harder than they thought. This will be my first hurricane since moving here. I'm just taking it day by day and hoping for the best.

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Geez, just got paged to join a call for work today regarding concerns with our stores on the East Coast. Hurricanes aren't something new for us so not sure why the panic.
Sponsored