Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6...

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Borla is in need of a 2-door JL to develop an all new Touring Climber and looks like they are willing to give a free exhaust to anyone in the area who can loan them a 2-door JL for R&D...See Below:

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6... Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 3.15.18 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Borla is in need of a 2-door JL to develop an all new Touring Climber and looks like they are willing to give a free exhaust to anyone in the area who can loan them a 2-door JL for R&D...See Below:

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 3.15.18 PM.png
Yeah, I'd donate mine but I'm not in the area. :(

I'll just have to buy the finished product. Not loud, out of the way, lighter, and not breaking the bank are on my wishlist!

:fingerscrossed:

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I called Borla today for latest update on their Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6's (last contact was an email received on June 1st, which said coming soon...) and was told basic R&D has been finished but there was a lot of 'backend' work to do but was told again that 'coming soon' is still correct...

Maybe if more of us 2-door JL guys would email or otherwise contact Borla, 'coming soon' might be sooner than later :)

Sponsored

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Hey guys, it looks like Borla is one step closer to bringing the Climber 2-Door 3.6L systems to production. I just noticed the online instruction manual has been updated with the new 2-door part numbers along with some images of what the exhaust should look like. P/N 140846 will be the 2-Door 3.6L Touring, and P/N 140847 will be the 2-Door 3.6L S-Type. Notice a heat shield will be included with both systems. Makes sense that the shield may be why the long wait for the release of both systems. Can't wait!

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6... Borla_01

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6... Borla_02

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6... Borla_03

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
There's a new thread about a members exhaust system that rusted over in a short period. Another member was nice enough to post a link that described the differences between the 2 types of stainless steel used for exhaust systems. T409 is prone to rust in wet and/or salty environments. T304 is corrosion resistant but will discolor to a yellowish hue due to heat. Borla uses T304 in their systems.

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla's Touring Climber for 2-door JL's w/3.6 (auto or manual) is now officially released! I just ordered (pre-ordered really, waiting for Northridge to finish data entry for new part number) and after installation will be adding a 91 octane Livernois tune...Cat-back, Mopar CAI, Tune and 4.88's should dramatically improve performance and drivability on my current 35's and should also work great on the soon-to-be-released 37" load range 'C' KO'2s!

Sponsored

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Borla's Touring Climber for 2-door JL's w/3.6 (auto or manual) is now officially released! I just ordered (pre-ordered really, waiting for Northridge to finish data entry for new part number) and after installation will be adding a 91 octane Livernois tune...Cat-back, Mopar CAI, Tune and 4.88's should dramatically improve performance and drivability on my current 35's and should also work great on the soon-to-be-released 37" load range 'C' KO'2s!
4xFUN, you say you ordered your exhaust through Northridge? I see their website is updated and it looks like the Borla's are in stock on the Northridge website. Did you receive your order yet, or is Northridge just adding to cart the pre-order? Thanks

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xFUN, you say you ordered your exhaust through Northridge? I see their website is updated and it looks like the Borla's are in stock on the Northridge website. Did you receive your order yet, or is Northridge just adding to cart the pre-order? Thanks

Hi Chuck, I have not received it yet but hopefully soon! Northridge does not yet have any stock and first orders are being drop shipped from Borla. The waiting isn't really bothering me right now as my JLR is sitting on jack stands in the garage waiting for a new 4.88 UD44 to arrive-estimated ship date from Dana is first week of July...

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update on Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6 JL: I just spoke with Borla and more delays...they expect the first units to ship mid to late July, that will make it about 90 days from my placing order to ship...GRRRRRR
Sponsored