Sponsored

Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6...

EDH_JL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Update on Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6 JL: I just spoke with Borla and more delays...they expect the first units to ship mid to late July, that will make it about 90 days from my placing order to ship...GRRRRRR
Thanks for posting this, I placed an order with SS-Exhaust last week and was wondering why it had not shipped. I called today and they don't actually have it in stock and don't know when they will get it. So I cancelled since they had already charged my card without any disclaimer on the website that it's backordered/special ordered/not stocked. I hate that.

https://www.ss-exhaust.com/borla-140846/
Sponsored

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Update on Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6 JL: I just spoke with Borla and more delays...they expect the first units to ship mid to late July, that will make it about 90 days from my placing order to ship...GRRRRRR
4xFUN, hear anything yet? I ordered my S-type Climber 2-door though Northridge last week. Its backordered, and will drop ship directly from Borla. When? ...that is the question. I'm hoping you got yours already or have tracking at least. I'm wondering if I should have paid the additional $50 and ordered it directly through Borla. I am waiting impatiently for the 2-Door S-Type.

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
4xFUN, hear anything yet? I ordered my S-type Climber 2-door though Northridge last week. Its backordered, and will drop ship directly from Borla. When? ...that is the question. I'm hoping you got yours already or have tracking at least. I'm wondering if I should have paid the additional $50 and ordered it directly through Borla. I am waiting impatiently for the 2-Door S-Type.

The latest info from Borla is they will start shipping the third week of July...I have no idea why the delay as they were added to Borla's website the third week of April...Hopefully we will be surprised and they come in just a bit earlier.

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
The latest info from Borla is they will start shipping the third week of July...I have no idea why the delay as they were added to Borla's website the third week of April...Hopefully we will be surprised and they come in just a bit earlier.
4xFUN, did you get your exhaust yet?

Sponsored

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Received the Borla Touring Climber for 2-door JL's w/3.6 today! More parts for me to install...
Summers in Arizona typically are a little less busy for our industry (mainly due to many clients leaving the heat for the summer) but with COVID restrictions, this summer-as last, has been pretty busy...Great for business (more Jeep mods!) but makes it harder for me to find time to install Jeep mods...

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6... IMG_2925

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Received the Borla Touring Climber for 2-door JL's w/3.6 today! More parts for me to install...
Summers in Arizona typically are a little less busy for our industry (mainly due to many clients leaving the heat for the summer) but with COVID restrictions, this summer-as last, has been pretty busy...Great for business (more Jeep mods!) but makes it harder for me to find time to install Jeep mods...

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6... IMG_2925
I'm planning on ordering this for mine soon. Let me know how the install goes! I know there were fitment issues with the 4 door so hopefully all is well with this one.

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm planning on ordering this for mine soon. Let me know how the install goes! I know there were fitment issues with the 4 door so hopefully all is well with this one.

Hopefully fitment goes smoothly...
However, I am now used to 'fitment issues' when modding my JLR :facepalm:

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Yeah let us know how the little bracket/shield thingy works. Can't figure out what that is for. Borla told me 2 more weeks for mine. Mine is the S-Type though.

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah let us know how the little bracket/shield thingy works. Can't figure out what that is for. Borla told me 2 more weeks for mine. Mine is the S-Type though.

Nothing in the instructions but I would guess it is to shield the fuel lines towards the rear top of the muffler-will let you know for sure when I get it installed. (I am waiting on some additional heat shielding to put on the floor pan above the muffler) Also not in the instructions but obvious is to remove the clamp from the OEM front muffler and reuse, you will need to release the lock tab that holds it to the OEM muffler and then break off tab and grind smooth.

OEM clamp is stainless but soft stainless, a Dremel will make short work of the attached locking tab.
Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6... IMG_2944

Sponsored

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
Any update on the installs gentlemen? @4xFUN @Combat Chuck Chuck, I know you just got yours so you may not have had time to install yet.

OP
OP

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any update on the installs gentlemen? @4xFUN @Combat Chuck Chuck, I know you just got yours so you may not have had time to install yet.

Sorry guys, I have been absent due to selling some property in Texas. Hopefully will finish install this weekend. (Sunday) Ordered some additional heat shield and if it does not come in, will install anyway. For anyone interested I included a picture of where the supplied heat shield installs. (Borla does not mention it in their instructions nor do any of their pictures / illustrations show it)

Install tip: Install the rear nut first and then using a small deep socket with extension, slide over the factory stud and tap with hammer to 'dimple' the Borla heat shield so you can get the nut started.

Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Touring Climber for 2-door 3.6... IMG_2987

Combat Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green JL Willys
Sorry guys, I have been absent due to selling some property in Texas. Hopefully will finish install this weekend. (Sunday) Ordered some additional heat shield and if it does not come in, will install anyway. For anyone interested I included a picture of where the supplied heat shield installs. (Borla does not mention it in their instructions nor do any of their pictures / illustrations show it)

Install tip: Install the rear nut first and then using a small deep socket with extension, slide over the factory stud and tap with hammer to 'dimple' the Borla heat shield so you can get the nut started.

IMG_2987.jpeg
My shield fit there, but the tailpipe did not fit with the shield installed. Then I tried to install the tailpipe first before the shield. Did not fit that way either. So I ditched the shield altogether and moved that electrical pigtail instead. I removed the electrical christmas tree from the spring tower and zip tied it away from the tailpipe. Tons of clearance there now. Done. lol
Sponsored