Borla or Magnflow?

Caleb75

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
I would like some opinions on which exhaust to get. Borla touring in black or Magnflow in black? Not looking for a loud exhaust, just some deep tone and mild growl.
I don't do any rock crawling. Dirt, mud and pasture 4 wheeling. Thoughts, opinions or reviews from owners. I appreciate all the great advice and knowledge gained from this forum
Sponsored

OP
OP
Caleb75

Caleb75

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
I don't want a loud exhaust because this is my daily driver. Really don't want drone in the cab.

tims94

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Unlimited
I picked up my Rubi on Saturday and installed a black Corsa sport on Monday. I am a big fan of Corsa. I have their exhaust on both of my Corvettes. I thought it would sound louder than it does on the Jeep but I guess the 3.6 is a little different than the v8's. I drove it today and absolutely love it. I would strongly look at Corsa

Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Borla "S" Type and really like it. Some of the early models experienced peeling inside the tips (including mine), but Borla responded immediately and I had a replacement in 3 days. There have been no issues since.

OP
OP
Caleb75

Caleb75

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
I have the Borla "S" Type and really like it. Some of the early models experienced peeling inside the tips (including mine), but Borla responded immediately and I had a replacement in 3 days. There have been no issues since.
How loud is the S type?
Any drone?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
How loud is the S type?
Any drone?
It is a little louder than stock, but not obnoxious. It has ZERO drone at any speed. I also had the touring model but it had fitment issues (inlet pipe too small and had to be expanded, the inlet pipe was too close to the sway bar, and the tips were tilted down slightly when mounted). The touring model is the same sound as stock.

Maz7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I would like some opinions on which exhaust to get. Borla touring in black or Magnflow in black? Not looking for a loud exhaust, just some deep tone and mild growl.
I don't do any rock crawling. Dirt, mud and pasture 4 wheeling. Thoughts, opinions or reviews from owners. I appreciate all the great advice and knowledge gained from this forum
Get the Borla ATAK. It's not as loud as the manufacturer stated for being so loud. In fact, it's exactly what you want; it has deep tone , mild growl and no drone at all. I've got mine for a year right now and i feel so disapointed because it isn't as loud as i expected . So lately i've been thinking to get rid of them and get something much louder. Either the Flowmaster outlaw or The Gibson mulisha

Sponsored

TigerDen

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I also got the Borla "S" type. I like the sound, not too loud at all, especially at cruising speed.

Magnaflow

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.magnaflow.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Hi Caleb, both systems are great quality options and from what we understand the sound levels are fairly similar between the two. It will really be up to what sound you prefer best!

If there are any questions we can answer regarding our system, please feel free to drop us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!

OP
OP
Caleb75

Caleb75

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Altitude
Hi Caleb, both systems are great quality options and from what we understand the sound levels are fairly similar between the two. It will really be up to what sound you prefer best!

If there are any questions we can answer regarding our system, please feel free to drop us a PM or call at 1-800-990-0905!
Thank you for responding. It is nice to have manufacturers on the forum and reading our post.

Redhawk_jlu

First Name
Tauland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Since im between to choose from Stype and attack what is your suggestion?i mean i like the sound but i need to chill my ears in long run lol.

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
Since im between to choose from Stype and attack what is your suggestion?i mean i like the sound but i need to chill my ears in long run lol.
The Borla Touring is what I landed on. Considered the S version but I figured exhausts are the opposite of tires... I’d rather undershoot the note I’m going for vs. having something too loud/obnoxious and want to yank it off right away. I also noted that I see more S and ATAK versions for sale; that could mean they are more popular so more are always available for sale or people thought they were louder than they expected and are looking to sell them.

In my opinion, the Touring is not the same noise as the stock. It is definitely a little deeper and slightly louder than stock; no drone when cruising but has more of an audible deeper note under acceleration. My friend who helped me install it thought I was going to have this shitty, loud, ricer sounding exhaust; he was going to bust my chops driving back from his shop but he agreed that the Touring was a great swap. The Jeeps should come with the Touring as the OEM exhaust for the note alone. You can hear the difference but it is far from obnoxious or trying to imitate a sports car.

Good luck with your decision.
Sponsored