First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR 2.0L Turbo
Honestly, you only get a few HP from most exhaust changes. If you where to go with a CAI, exhaust and a tune then you could get some noticeable gains.
Right on. I saw there weren't any HP claims on the Borla site and I've seen similar "no HP improvement w/o tune" posts via Mishimoto dudes :) Was more interested if there was any noticeable improvement in felt performance... throttle response, acceleration. Ie. when I put my Mishimoto intake in, while there were no HP gains, the Jeep seemed to respond a little bit faster. Just interested in real world non-tuned feedback. It would be a nice side effect to improved clearance which is the main draw for me.
Sponsored

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Right on. I saw there weren't any HP claims on the Borla site and I've seen similar "no HP improvement w/o tune" posts via Mishimoto dudes :) Was more interested if there was any noticeable improvement in felt performance... throttle response, acceleration. Ie. when I put my Mishimoto intake in, while there were no HP gains, the Jeep seemed to respond a little bit faster. Just interested in real world non-tuned feedback. It would be a nice side effect to improved clearance which is the main draw for me.
If does feel a little more sporty. An exhaust and a CAI complement each other pretty well so the combo would definitely change the sound and feel vs just having one or the other.

Trailwerks

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hey all. My climber touring showed up last week. It replaced an AFE high clearance. The AFE sounded mean. However this new Borla has a good growl to it when you put your foot down but remains very mild with no drone. its perfect! If anyone is on the fence make the plunge.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hey all. My climber touring showed up last week. It replaced an AFE high clearance. The AFE sounded mean. However this new Borla has a good growl to it when you put your foot down but remains very mild with no drone. its perfect! If anyone is on the fence make the plunge.
on a scale of 1-10 what would you say stock, afe, borla touring is? Im on the fence of borla touring and stype. Thanks

Ryno77

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
on a scale of 1-10 what would you say stock, afe, borla touring is? Im on the fence of borla touring and stype. Thanks
I just installed mine as well. Honestly the Borla is perfect to me. The cold start is loud but it dies down and I really don’t notice it much with NORMAL driving. When I get on it, the sound is there right where you want it. So, for me I would say the stock was a 2 and the Borla Touring is a 4/5. Hope this helps!

Sponsored

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just installed mine as well. Honestly the Borla is perfect to me. The cold start is loud but it dies down and I really don’t notice it much with NORMAL driving. When I get on it, the sound is there right where you want it. So, for me I would say the stock was a 2 and the Borla Touring is a 4/5. Hope this helps!
Thanks. Wondering how loud the stype is. When I watch Borlas official video on YouTube that shows the difference between both, they both sound the exact same to me lol

HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Recon, Cherokee, V-Rod
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. Wondering how loud the stype is. When I watch Borlas official video on YouTube that shows the difference between both, they both sound the exact same to me lol
I received my Borla Climber touring last week and couldn’t be happier, just the perfect amount of growl when you get on it. I think the type-s might be a little to loud (haven’t heard it in person only clips), but Borla has said its louder than the touring. This comes from someone that likes loud exhausts on performance cars, motorcycles, etc.

Last edited:

Trailwerks

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
i would 100% ages with this. At first when I cold started it I was like oh no she isn’t going to like it. Calms down and just sounds very good. My son was driving it yesterday and hammered it to pas me and it sounded very good going by as well.

I would say the AFE was a 6.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I just installed a Climber Touring and it drones a bit below 2k, but that's with the doors off. And it is mellowing out already which is will over the first couple hundred miles.

Anyone who tells you no drone is not being truthful.

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I received my Borla Climber type-s last week and couldn’t be happier, just the perfect amount of growl when you get on it. I think the type-s might be a little to loud (haven’t heard it in person only clips), but Borla has said its louder than the touring. This comes from someone that likes loud exhausts on performance cars, motorcycles, etc.
wait I’m confused you said you got the stype and you couldn’t be happier but you haven’t heard it in person? LoL.
I’m thinking you got the touring?

Sponsored

HarleysNGuns

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Recon, Cherokee, V-Rod
Vehicle Showcase
wait I’m confused you said you got the stype and you couldn’t be happier but you haven’t heard it in person? LoL.
I’m thinking you got the touring?
Yeah, typing to fast while working, lol I got the Touring.

wyobob44

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2.0 , 17 Indian Chieftain, 12 Ford F-350 Dually 4X4, 74 Jeep Wangoneer
Occupation
Retired
Another thumbs up on the Borla Touring Climber, i took off the DynoMax pipe/ muffler delete, and that was Loud on cold Start, after installing the Borla the cold start was the volume of the DynoMax warmed up, and after a test drive the Borla is very quite. I was on the fence and had to wait for some time for Borla to ship, but i feel, in my opinion, that Borla has done a very commendable job on this Touring Climber exhaust. My vote is buy it........

Yellowssm

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
wish I could find a Borla Climber touring in stock somewhere. Ideas?