Sponsored

Borla Exhaust for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL!

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I wanted to give a shout out to Chris@Borla for the great customer service. The tips on my system began to peel on the inside and was migrating to the outside. I pinged Chris offline and he immediately took action by processing a replacement order the same day and I received it within 3 days (on a Sunday no less).

Though none of us like to have issues with the products that we purchase, for me, the after sales service is usually the item that tells the tale. Very happy with Borla's service and Chris' attention to detail.

@Ian@Borla
Sponsored

Last edited:

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Thanks for reaching out again. Not sure if you've seen our previous post in this thread, but we are currently working on a Touring Climber system. Stay tuned!
How long does it take engineer in one muffler for another on the climber? You’ve got at least five of us on this thread ready to help test.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
How long does it take engineer in one muffler for another on the climber? You’ve got at least five of us on this thread ready to help test.
seriously. They have 3 versions of the non climber but can’t Jam a different muffler in the climber and see how it sounds?

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
seriously. They have 3 versions of the non climber but can’t Jam a different muffler in the climber and see how it sounds?
It could be they want to really reduce the noise but maintain a nice pitch? Noise reduction is usually enabled by size of muffler (clearance issues), air routing (engineering), casing and insulation materials. So its likely not taking an existing touring muffler and squeezing it in there.

I agree is should have been done by now but if they want to make something people won't remove after a few days it cannot be anything close to what they have now. Even their current touring muffler is not all that quiet and sounds like hot rod.

People are not into Jeeps sound like Mustangs or GTRs. I know I am not. :).

To make this really sell it will need to be almost factory quiet but with a better tone. If it echos going through an over pass its not going to sell well.

That said Borla's signature sound regardless of muffler is hot rod like. Maybe they are going for something more refined?

Jeeper2000

First Name
Tyson Egbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I added a 2 1/2 inch Borla tip to the end of my climber exhaust and it has seemed to help lessen the raging sound a little bit. I’m also thinking of adding in this 10 inch long resonator behind the muffler to help dampen the sound a little bit more. I’m thinking a muffler shop should be able to weld this in line.

F5A6EEFB-7353-4817-87D0-12F902E3B768.png

BE0D5C9E-746D-4513-B007-F450BBF81856.png

Sponsored

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I added a 2 1/2 inch Borla tip to the end of my climber exhaust and it has seemed to help lessen the raging sound a little bit. I’m also thinking of adding in this 10 inch long resonator behind the muffler to help dampen the sound a little bit more. I’m thinking a muffler shop should be able to weld this in line.

I have already done this. I bought a 10 quiet resonator and a Borla XS oval muffler. Still not quiet. So if you have a climber muffler you may need to load for bear in the resonator dept. The Borla's want howl even the touring models IMO. They make a great tone but it is hot rod sound. I would use them as resonator and put a quiet muffler in line after it.

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Hi everyone! We understand that it has taken quite some time. Unfortunately, we just have not had access to a 4 Door 3.6L JL for us to bring in for R&D so we've brought in other vehicles that are on our priority list that we happen to have access to. We do finally have one scheduled to come in the second week of January to finish up our R&D for the Touring sound level Climber system. Again, we are sorry for the long wait! We really appreciate your patience thus far.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hi everyone! We understand that it has taken quite some time. Unfortunately, we just have not had access to a 4 Door 3.6L JL for us to bring in for R&D so we've brought in other vehicles that are on our priority list that we happen to have access to. We do finally have one scheduled to come in the second week of January to finish up our R&D for the Touring sound level Climber system. Again, we are sorry for the long wait! We really appreciate your patience thus far.
Hopefully after all this wait it will be a super quiet, understated, doesn't try to sound like a Mustang GT, setup. You will sell 5x more units if it meets that criteria. That also means when you give it the gas its quiet, not just at idle. Think quieter than AT tires on a new smooth highway. :)

Dodd5724

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Once you get the Jeep in for R&D, what’s the expected timeframe to hit the shelves?

Thanks

VolCntry73

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2-Door Rubicon JL, 2018 Accord, 2008 Accord, 2007 CRV, 2000 Dodge Dakota
So...out of curiosity, will a touring climber system be offered at all for a 2 door?

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Hopefully after all this wait it will be a super quiet, understated, doesn't try to sound like a Mustang GT, setup. You will sell 5x more units if it meets that criteria. That also means when you give it the gas its quiet, not just at idle. Think quieter than AT tires on a new smooth highway. :)
Hope not. They list the touring as a mild growl and that sounds good. If you want total quiet maybe consider something else.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Hope not. They list the touring as a mild growl and that sounds good. If you want total quiet maybe consider something else.
Low rumble is fine. A growl is less optimal at least for me. Doesn't need to be stock quiet and weak but the growl thing creates hotrod sound as it ages.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Thant should help. I put a resonator on as well which helped but year later it feels like the volume has upped and the howl is more pronounced and I am using the Borla XP muffler. I may go with a dual muffler setup moving the borla into the resonator position and getting something a bit more subtle as the muffler.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
So what's the so the story with the 2.0t? Touring climber hasn’t had an update in months

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

Please...Do not forget those of us with 2-door Jeeps! We need a little high-clearance 'quiet love' too!!
Sponsored