Sponsored

Borla Exhaust for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL!

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
That’s how I am right, now I hate the fact mine is peeling and either it is being replaced by another Borla that wont peel or a different brand.
Indeed.

Hopefully Borla can chime in and tell us it’s all gonna be alright. Lol. If not, well - they might lose some customers
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
My DYNOMAX is ALL STAINLESS STEEL(POLISHED !!

Nothing to peel--

W.E.

JIMBO

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
So just installed mine yesterday and after about 15 minutes of driving the tip coating is coming off.
IMG_0922.jpeg
I'm sorry to see that! There is a chance that you have received old stock, but please contact our Customer Service Manager. His email is [email protected]

I had the paint issue on my old stock, and Borla sent me a replacement (awesome service). I am noticing some paint cracks again on the replacement (S-Type). I'm just going to use some heat resistant spray paint to touch it up - it's on the inside of the tips, so not too noticeable. I suspect water and heat are the cause. Otherwise very happy with the borla
Please reach out to our Customer Service Manager at [email protected] so that he can track your warranty. Definitely unacceptable that your replacement part is still having issues with peeling. We have not seen issues with our newer stock and warranty replacements in a while. I apologize for all of the trouble.

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Indeed.

Hopefully Borla can chime in and tell us it’s all gonna be alright. Lol. If not, well - they might lose some customers
Well, great customer service continues. They reached out to me right away this morning and have a new system heading my way.

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry to see that! There is a chance that you have received old stock, but please contact our Customer Service Manager. His email is [email protected]

Please reach out to our Customer Service Manager at [email protected] so that he can track your warranty. Definitely unacceptable that your replacement part is still having issues with peeling. We have not seen issues with our newer stock and warranty replacements in a while. I apologize for all of the trouble.
Ian thanks, Ernest from sales (I think) reached out to me this morning and has a new system shipping to me.

Sponsored

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY

Ian - i just sent Chris a note and copied this thread. I love the product and Borla, but not good having to swap this out a second time.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
I continue to watch this thread. I'm eager to see how this plays out. I'm not buying until I see this all resolved. I agree with @jeepauug ... having to swap it out a 2nd or heaven forbid, a 3rd time is a royal pita.

:movember:

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I continue to watch this thread. I'm eager to see how this plays out. I'm not buying until I see this all resolved. I agree with @jeepauug ... having to swap it out a 2nd or heaven forbid, a 3rd time is a royal pita.

:movember:
Tired of waiting on a single tip axle back. DynoMax muffler delete ordered.

jeepauug

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL MOAB - STING GREY
Chris from Borla reached out - they're trying to make it right. Sounds like the first couple of rounds have had issues (I'm not speaking on behalf of Borla here) but things should be sorted. I still think there's some connection between temp and moisture.

I plan to give it another go - despite the paint issue, I'm very happy with the sound and look. I will say great service from them and they stand behind their products. Plus, the SRT exhausts!

This will be install #3.

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chris from Borla reached out - they're trying to make it right. Sounds like the first couple of rounds have had issues (I'm not speaking on behalf of Borla here) but things should be sorted. I still think there's some connection between temp and moisture.

I plan to give it another go - despite the paint issue, I'm very happy with the sound and look. I will say great service from them and they stand behind their products. Plus, the SRT exhausts!

This will be install #3.
Have you received your replacement yet? I just emailed them again today, still waiting on mine.

Sponsored

Lithograph

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
I can't remember if I replied here or not, but my black system was mounted for a couple months in late 2018 and it started flaking/peeling on the tips like other peoples' systems. I told Borla and they responded with a new system in early January.

I'm proud to report that 6 months about 10k miles later, my replacement system shows no signs of peeling as of now. Woot!

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can't remember if I replied here or not, but my black system was mounted for a couple months in late 2018 and it started flaking/peeling on the tips like other peoples' systems. I told Borla and they responded with a new system in early January.

I'm proud to report that 6 months about 10k miles later, my replacement system shows no signs of peeling as of now. Woot!
This is encouraging. I wonder if it's safe to buy one now... hmmmmm

diesel1218

First Name
Derrick Andrews
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did - came quick.
Interesting, I reached out the same day as you and I have not received anything yet. I just forwarded the email chain to Chris hopefully someone responds soon.