Sponsored

Borla Exhaust for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL!

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR

Lurvis33

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
How about a version with the Touring sound level? I'm thinking the S-Type will be too much. Or how about a happy middle between the two.
S-Type is the happy middle offering. Touring is usually the middle between stock and S-Type. I had the S-Type on my V6 Mustang and absolutely loved it. When I took it off to sell it, 2 weeks before I traded in the Mustang, I was really missing that sound.

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Round 2 Boys and Girls,

Please click the link below to get to my IG page. If it doesn't work, go ahead and find me by searching for my handle Twisted_Jigger805. Remember the sounds were taken with an iPhone so they are not as loud as they would be in person. Hope this helps until @Lisa@Borla and her team can upload professional ones.

The videos are in this order.
1st Video - standing still exterior of the jeep with a semi cold start (I had to find some room in the parking lot)
2nd video - accelerating interior of the jeep with windows down
3rd video - accelerating interior of the jeep with windows up
4th video - at speed interior of the jeep with windows up

See you on the trails!

P.S. Don't phone and drive..... ;)
Round 2 Boys and Girls,

Please click the link below to get to my IG page. If it doesn't work, go ahead and find me by searching for my handle Twisted_Jigger805. Remember the sounds were taken with an iPhone so they are not as loud as they would be in person. Hope this helps until @Lisa@Borla and her team can upload professional ones.

The videos are in this order.
1st Video - standing still exterior of the jeep with a semi cold start (I had to find some room in the parking lot)
2nd video - accelerating interior of the jeep with windows down
3rd video - accelerating interior of the jeep with windows up
4th video - at speed interior of the jeep with windows up

See you on the trails!

P.S. Don't phone and drive..... ;)
Holy crap, thank you so much for posting this and verifying that there isn't any drone. I have the Magnaflow Catback Dual Exhaust kit installed. I actually broke off the dual exhaust axleback portion while I was out on the trails, literally within a month of buying the damn kit. Either way, the Magnaflow has a horrendous drone to it on the highway. It's a great system and all, very well built, but holy shit does it drone.

I just bought a 370Z as a daily driver (ever since I lifted my JL and put 37's on, my gas mileage has gone to absolute shit) and installed the Borla kit on it. It sounds amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing! Without any drone.

I'm gonna go for the Borla rock crawler kit since it's fairly priced and sounds great. Nice work Borla!

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
I had the Borla S-Type on my JGC. It was pretty nice, but a little mild for my taste. It may have been the suitcase that was causing it to be quieter. I am looking for something like this for my JLU, so, subscribing..

Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR
have you seen any MPG gains with the CAI and the axle back? just curious
To be honest, i'm not sure. My mileage is about 16.4-17.6 depending on how much wheeling or freeway driving I do. A lot of my problem too is I have a giant hill i have to drive up for work every day, so i'm sure that kills it.

BoisetheCat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-V
To be honest, i'm not sure. My mileage is about 16.4-17.6 depending on how much wheeling or freeway driving I do. A lot of my problem too is I have a giant hill i have to drive up for work every day, so i'm sure that kills it.
thanks for replying. it seems logical that opening up the engine with better cooler intake and then letting it breathe easier would help a bit with MPG but who knows. i'd really like it too lol!

how do you like your CAI? were you able to re-use the temp sensor? i've read some ask you to replace it..

easterr

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep CJ7
Has anyone installed the axle back touring system? Curious how it sounds, and, actually, is it's even available. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Borla Axle-Back Exhaust Systems for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL / JLU
(Sound Comparison starts at 0:56)

Jesus. Now that right there is how you make an exhaust video. Nice work. Puts a lot of other brands to shame.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
Borla Axle-Back Exhaust Systems for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL / JLU
(Sound Comparison starts at 0:56)

I will be waiting for the S type in black which is only available for pre order now from Quadratec with a shipping date of Ocyober 8. I wish it was available now.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I will be waiting for the S type in black which is only available for pre order now from Quadratec with a shipping date of Ocyober 8. I wish it was available now.
I'm looking for the "Climber" as well, once I smash or rip the OEM off..

I also wonder what our exhaust guy can fit together? He did a great job on my LJ, and it avoided the long arms at full flex.

uudog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Dumb question.... Will replacing the muffler with an aftermarket void any warranties?

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
What about a good sound clip for the cat back climber system?
Sponsored