Sponsored

Borla Exhaust for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL!

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
Received my exhaust earlier this week. Tried to install myself, but the pipe would not fit over the mid pipe.....very frustrating. Took it to a muffler shop to have it expanded. This split the pipe as we were trying to get it to the same size as the stock exhaust. They had me bring the Jeep in and they installed for me. Put the exhaust on, welded the split and put a nice big clamp on, so no leaks thank goodness. Quite aggravating after spending $600. Also noticed after getting home that on the inside of the tip, the paint was peeling. I would certainly inspect closely before installing if you buy one of these.
Hi. I'm sorry to hear about this! Please email my customer service manager regarding this matter. His email is [email protected]. We will take care of you. Again, I apologize for the inconvenience and the trouble.

ProjectReaper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How does the sound of this unit compare (volume & note) to the Magnaflow Rock Crawler Catback or the AFE Mach High Tuck Catback?
I have a video coming out on my youtube channel within the next couple of days of the borla climber system and in cab noise with a decibel meter on my phone hope that will help you out channel name is jeepopoulos and ill try and post the link once it goes live

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I have a video coming out on my youtube channel within the next couple of days of the borla climber system and in cab noise with a decibel meter on my phone hope that will help you out channel name is jeepopoulos and ill try and post the link once it goes live
Awesome!! I will wait to buy my next exhaust until I watch the video. I am torn between the Borla Climber, AFE Mach Force and MBRP 304 steel Catback. Dark horse is a StainlessWorks 304 catback.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I ordered the Atak and at the last minute had them change it to the SType. I installed it today and couldn't be happier, I wanted deep but not super loud. My teenage years are far behind me so this was a great fit. The best part is getting rid of the tin can which for me was an eye sore.
I am close to making a call on the Borla Climber S-Type and the AFE HiTuck Catback. I want to confirm you are still really happy with the sound of the Borla Climbe S-type. So no droning or too loud especially when say going up hills in a lower gear. That is where my current Magnaflow Rock Crawler can get both too loud and drone a bit.

Sponsored

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
UPDATED POST
Released Systems:

ORIGINAL POST
Borla is currently working on developing exhaust systems for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL and we want your feedback! What are you looking for in an exhaust system for your Jeep? Sound, looks, clearance, etc. Please let us know!

Systems we are working on:
  • Axle-Back Systems (3 Sound Levels: Touring, S-Type, & ATAK / 2 Colors: Stainless & Black)
  • High Clearance Borla "Climber" System
  • Loop Delete Y-Pipe
Below are some photos from our R&D shop.

We are considering the 2 tips shown for the axle-back systems... Which tips do you like better? Top or Bottom?

Looking forward to hearing your feedback and can't wait to share more! Stay Tuned!

**Special Thanks to @isueyou for letting us use your Jeep!**

Lisa Carter Volpe
Social Media & Marketing
Borla Performance Industries
[email protected] | www.borla.com
Customer Service: 1-877-462-6752 (Monday-Friday 7:30am-4pm PST)
Based on the forum chatter if you guys release a climber catback system with a touring muffler it will be like printing money. Left and right people are installing and then replacing current catback systems (including a few Borla users) bc they are too loud. @Lisa@Borla .

ProjectReaper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
alright guys the new video is up with interior sound for the Borla Climber exhaust system, sound is measured with a decibel meter via my phone hope this helps people decide on their exhaust!!

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
Based on the forum chatter if you guys release a climber catback system with a touring muffler it will be like printing money. Left and right people are installing and then replacing current catback systems (including a few Borla users) bc they are too loud. @Lisa@Borla .
I’ll put money down on that right now :)

Ducati Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Panigale V4 Speciale, 2018 JL Granite Rubicon
Received my exhaust earlier this week. Tried to install myself, but the pipe would not fit over the mid pipe.....very frustrating. Took it to a muffler shop to have it expanded. This split the pipe as we were trying to get it to the same size as the stock exhaust. They had me bring the Jeep in and they installed for me. Put the exhaust on, welded the split and put a nice big clamp on, so no leaks thank goodness. Quite aggravating after spending $600. Also noticed after getting home that on the inside of the tip, the paint was peeling. I would certainly inspect closely before installing if you buy one of these.
I had the same issue bought an expander and was able to get it big enough to install, but still a tight fit. Also had some paint peel inside the tips, Borla replaced it under warranty. Problem is the second system had the same issues. Very tight fit and paint peeling within first 20 miles, worse than the first system. Still waiting on Borla to resolve the problem.

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I’ll put money down on that right now :)
I heard back from Borla the other day and they told me there are no plans to offer a touring muffler with the climber system. That leaves the Pypes Street Pro muffler (their version of touring) on their catback exhaust. That or wait for Dynomax to come out with their JL exhaust with a mild tone muffler.

I have continued to hear the AFE Mach Hi-Tuck exhaust does not drone and is not as loud as MF or Borla. It can get up there a bit if you mash it hard but off roaders tend not to do that. On or off the road.

Sponsored

mlangs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal
I have the same issue with the black finish coming off the Touring muffler. Installed it Friday, by Sunday it’s peeling off :(

AE6269CD-27A6-48EF-A821-EF8A60CF2E57.jpeg

Last edited:

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
I have the same issue with the black finish coming off the Touring muffler. Installed it Friday, by Sunday it’s peeling off :(

AE6269CD-27A6-48EF-A821-EF8A60CF2E57.jpeg
We are sorry to see this! You can give us a call at 1-877-462-6752 (7:30am-4:00pm PST) or you can email our customer service manager at [email protected]. We will take care of you!

Ian@Borla

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Borla
If anyone has any issues with our systems, please do not hesitate to contact us! We stand behind our products and we will be sure to take care of you. Please give us a call at 1-877-462-6752 (7:30am-4:00pm PST) or you can email our customer service manager at [email protected]. Thank you!

rlaracue

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I understand your dilemma. You can’t go by any video sound.
I got the S-type and it is very quiet. Just a low growl. Really nice but if you want to make noise and get people to turn their heads I think you got to go with the Atak.
Did you get the S-type rock climber single exhaust or the axle back dual? Are you still happy with the sound and feel its not really all that loud?

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Did you get the S-type rock climber single exhaust or the axle back dual? Are you still happy with the sound and feel its not really all that loud?
I got S-type axel back dual. Very happy with it. It’s not loud. I would still like it if it were a bit louder.
Sponsored