Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Is everyone with a 2.0 really getting no sound inside the cabin from this exhaust?
I just installed it today and it is a good bit louder than stock. It makes a nice deeper sound though.
I couldn’t hear the stock exhaust except during a cold start but I can hear this exhaust at all times, even when cruising at a low speed in a high gear.
There’s no leaks in the exhaust. I have a JLUR with a painted hard top, if that makes any difference.
I also have the hard top. I do have a slight increase in the interior noise, but just slightly over stock. I actually enjoy the soft rumble from the exhaust and definitely don't notice it unless I get on the throttle. Are you sure you received the Borla Climber Touring system and not the Borla Climber Sport. I believe they look exactly the same except the Sport is noticeably louder than the Touring.
Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
I also have the hard top. I do have a slight increase in the interior noise, but just slightly over stock. I actually enjoy the soft rumble from the exhaust and definitely don't notice it unless I get on the throttle. Are you sure you received the Borla Climber Touring system and not the Borla Climber Sport. I believe they look exactly the same except the Sport is noticeably louder than the Touring.
Thanks for the info! It should be touring, it’s embossed on both sides of the muffler.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
It definitely opened up that back end of the Jeep.
20210211_132351_resized.jpg
Funny that MetalCloak didn't think to rotate their logo on rear diff skid so it wasn't upside down... as is it is now it is WetalCloak. Also... did they do a design change? On their site the logo doesn't even appear on the skid.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Funny that MetalCloak didn't think to rotate their logo on rear diff skid so it wasn't upside down... as is it is now it is WetalCloak. Also... did they do a design change? On their site the logo doesn't even appear on the skid.
Yeah, it's a recent tweak to the design that helps stiffen the corner. It definitely triggers my ocd, having those pieces welded in upside down. I'll be replacing it with the Next Venture Motorsports skid, when I get around to ordering their front. I prefer it's attaching method over Metalcloaks, and that it extends further to also protect the driveshaft ujoint and input shaft yolk.

Sponsored

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
this is the best pic that I have - there are no clearance problems. It's close but it hasn't been anything to be concerned about, It's been over a year and it performs great!
Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Climber Touring exhaust installed on 2.0L JLUR 1650625972830

Scubanickel

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
It's definitely a tight fit for the E-torque. Mine is alittle more snug then I would like. Going to try alittle more adjustment. Might event have an exhaust shop modify. My 18 has shown to have some minor differences between others.
Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Climber Touring exhaust installed on 2.0L JLUR IMG_20220421_151214

Sponsored

Grayrat

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I’ve had mine for a year now. No droning at speed. I had a Flowmaster for 1 week, My shop took it back and swapped it for the Borla Touring at no charge. The Flowmaster droned so bad, I couldn’t give it back quick enough! No heat issues on my JLU. It is very loud at start up but goes away once you put it in gear and take off. It’s definitely not quiet like stock but it doesn’t have that annoying sound of a 4 cylinder rice burner motor with a loud exhaust. Not as good as a V8 but better than anything I’ve heard for the Jeep 2.0

Grayrat

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Come to think about it, as far as the heat shield thing, the Borla muffler is a straight thru design. Unlike the stock exhaust there is probably less heat generated around the muffler than before it. It is also 3” diameter all the way thru vs. 2-1/2” stock, and it is made of 304 s/s which is a terrible conductor of heat vs. regular carbon steel which is excellent at transferring heat (bad for exhaust pipes). A lot of mufflers are made from 409 s/s due to the thin wall of the muffler bodies, for corrosion resistance, but it has no nIckes and very little chromium which makes it a less expensive choice, but that combined with the carbon steel tubing of stock will radiate a lot of excess heat to the floor pan. It’s hard to believe what a good deal the Borla cat back systems are, considering they are one of the very few that give you a full 304 s/s system. Check out the materials on all the competitors. 304 is also the best material for rust resistance as it is the material used for commercial Foodservice sinks which are wet 7 days a week and subject to harsh chemicals for sanitizing (basically bleach).

BigGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
If you're worried about the etorque battery, I just did the $100 high clearance muffler delete which is literally just a small section of pipe, the rest of the system is stock. It's louder on startup, but hardly noticeable when driving. I don't have any drone in the cabin.

racerdude90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Hi, I know this is old but I found it on Google.

I also have a 2.0 and am interested in the Borla Climber Touring. I’ve read some people have experienced melting of the cubby in the rear cargo area (the thing under the carpet flap).
I was thinking since you’ve had this exhaust for a while you’d be a good person to ask about it. Any experience with melting back there? or other issues for that matter.

Thanks!
Sponsored