Sponsored

Borla Climber Touring exhaust installed on 2.0L JLUR

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Totally agree. I have the 3.6 version and am very happy with it.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Just got done installing mine on a 2.0 Rubi. Pretty straightforward swap, printed instructions with color photos was nice, and it sounds great! Just a noticeable bass tone on a cold start, until it drops down to warm idle, and the same while driving through the gears. Zero drone at various cruise speeds, and the motor seems to rev more freely. Very well worthwhile mod for anyone looking for a touch more sound, not to mention the added ground clearance.

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
I plan on ordering this for my 2021 JLUR this weekend.

OP
OP
Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
It definitely opened up that back end of the Jeep.
20210117_135607_resized.jpg
20210211_132351_resized.jpg
Good looking jeep, I am glad you like the exhaust as much as I do. I just finished installing the Metalcloak 3.5 Game changer with 6-packs myself. The new suspension is awesome. I am also running pats but I am running 35's for now, but I really like them.

Sponsored

aah78

First Name
Ads
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JL)
I used some self adhesive insulation and installed it to the body above the muffler location.
Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Climber Touring exhaust installed on 2.0L JLUR 20210211_132351_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL Borla Climber Touring exhaust installed on 2.0L JLUR 20210211_132351_resized
I've had the Borla Cimber Touring 2.0 for a while now. I think I should install the heat reflective barrier above the muffler. Do you think there's enough room to put it in place after the exhaust has been installed?

OP
OP
Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's pretty tight above the muffler, maybe 3-4"'s. you could probably install it along the inner edge but it would be difficult to access near the frame. I would recommend you just drop it out and then install. Good luck.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I've had the Borla Cimber Touring 2.0 for a while now. I think I should install the heat reflective barrier above the muffler. Do you think there's enough room to put it in place after the exhaust has been installed?
Why do you think you should install the heat barrier? If it was needed Borla would include it.....

OP
OP
Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why do you think you should install the heat barrier? If it was needed Borla would include it.....
It’s definitely not required, but the muffler has been moved from the rear and now sits directly below the rear floor boards. My JK had a similar system and the floor would get pretty hot when running the vehicle. I just did it as an extra safety and comfort precaution. It is definitely not required.

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
It’s definitely not required, but the muffler has been moved from the rear and now sits directly below the rear floor boards. My JK had a similar system and the floor would get pretty hot when running the vehicle. I just did it as an extra safety and comfort precaution. It is definitely not required.
I've had the Borla touring 2.0 on since it came out - so several months now. No issues with interior heat from it.

Do you find the interior hotter or can feel the heat from it?

Also the factory system had a muffler/resonator in about the same location.

OP
OP
Buddy Lee

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had the Borla touring 2.0 on since it came out - so several months now. No issues with interior heat from it.

I haven’t checked my JL yet but I know the floor would get warm with the Dynamax on my JK, it was definitely easy to feel. The resonator is pretty small compared to the muffler. Even the factory uses a heat shield above the stock muffler. Again I don’t think it’s required but I just like to be thorough when I install aftermarket parts.

aah78

First Name
Ads
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara (JL)
Why do you think you should install the heat barrier?.
just did it as an extra safety and comfort precaution. It is definitely not required.

No, I don't feel any heat inside from it - just wanted to put it on as the new mufler location is a little offset from where the original was, & the original has a heat barrier over it.
Good to know it's not required. I'll see if I can slide some heat shielding over if I can without removing anything. If not I'll let it be.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Is everyone with a 2.0 really getting no sound inside the cabin from this exhaust?
I just installed it today and it is a good bit louder than stock. It makes a nice deeper sound though.
I couldn’t hear the stock exhaust except during a cold start but I can hear this exhaust at all times, even when cruising at a low speed in a high gear.
There’s no leaks in the exhaust. I have a JLUR with a painted hard top, if that makes any difference.
Sponsored