Sponsored

Borla #11955 Touring axle back exhaust?

ChattVol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 4 door
Thank you to all for the reply's. I do appreciate you taking the time. I ordered the Borla touring arrangement. I will report back after the install.
Good deal...please post a video if you can

Bri01

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU MOAB, BMW X5 MSport
Vehicle Showcase
Let me ask again, has anyone had experience with the Borla Touring axle back system on a JL?
Drone?

Thank you
I'm currently running the Borla Touring axle back exhaust. I switched from the S-Type. So I've tried both; neither cause drone.
The Touring is the perfect hum and sound for me. Louder then stock, but not overbearing. The S-Type was too loud for me, but not loud enough for some. So it depends what you are looking for and what you consider loud. I was really only trying to change the look... love the dual exhaust. I was not looking for a loud sound; especially going uphill, the S-Type sounded like it was gonna blow up. The Touring is perfect... for me.

OP
OP

PDQ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I'm currently running the Borla Touring axle back exhaust. I switched from the S-Type. So I've tried both; neither cause drone.
The Touring is the perfect hum and sound for me. Louder then stock, but not overbearing. The S-Type was too loud for me, but not loud enough for some. So it depends what you are looking for and what you consider loud. I was really only trying to change the look... love the dual exhaust. I was not looking for a loud sound; especially going uphill, the S-Type sounded like it was gonna blow up. The Touring is perfect... for me.

Thank you very much for the info. I have since installed the Borla Touring #11955 axle back. As you mentioned, there is no drone at all. The touring is slightly louder than stock, a little more base rumble on start up than stock, nice base sound at full throttle and I think best of all the dual exhaust looks really great on the JL. My thoughts to most thinking of going with a after market exhaust, this Borla may not be for you unless you are not looking for much additional sound, but are wanting a dual exhaust setup.

david borla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Hi guys. Just wanted to let you know that we've resolved the issues we had with the first few runs of our black axel-backs. We're not experiencing any issues with the black coated systems we're shipping now and all previous customers have been taken care of through our warranty process. If you know of anyone that's still having issues with our black coating and hasn't reached out to us, please let them know that they should contact our warranty department. Furthermore, if you ever own a Borla system and you're not satisfied for any reason, please let us know. You can contact our customer service team or even myself directly if you'd like.

Also, just want to remind everyone that we offer 3 different sound levels for the JL. "Touring" is the least aggressive, "S-type is significantly more aggressive and "ATAK" is the most agressive we offer.

There is absolutely no drone with any of these systems. None of them drone.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

Cheers!

Sponsored

TxJeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Hi guys. Just wanted to let you know that we've resolved the issues we had with the first few runs of our black axel-backs. We're not experiencing any issues with the black coated systems we're shipping now and all previous customers have been taken care of through our warranty process. If you know of anyone that's still having issues with our black coating and hasn't reached out to us, please let them know that they should contact our warranty department. Furthermore, if you ever own a Borla system and you're not satisfied for any reason, please let us know. You can contact our customer service team or even myself directly if you'd like.

Also, just want to remind everyone that we offer 3 different sound levels for the JL. "Touring" is the least aggressive, "S-type is significantly more aggressive and "ATAK" is the most agressive we offer.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly at [email protected]

Cheers!
Still waiting for the climber cat back with touring muffler option. Me and others ready to give Borla our money. Many of us wheel and want the clearance of that system but aren't looking for more noise.

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil
I have the Borla Touring exhaust. Have had for approximately 3k miles. No drone at all, slightly louder than stock. I bought for the looks. I prefer the dual exhaust look in back.
Black or polished?

Fred

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 2 door Rubicon X in Anvil

Cheers!
Why no single exit axle back option for those wanting a little sound, but not sacrificing clearance?

9SecVmax

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Jeep
I have the 11955. It is barely louder than stock. Absolutely NO drone. Should have been the OEM exhaust. Its pretty close to being perfect for me.

I also have a brand new one in the sealed box. 485.00. Raleigh, NC
Sponsored