Borla #11955 Touring axle back exhaust?

PDQ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Has anyone installed or had the opportunity to listen to the Borla Touring system for the JL? If so , does it have any drone? What are your thoughts on this system? Looking for nice deep tone, but not too loud and definitely no drone. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Has anyone installed or had the opportunity to listen to the Borla Touring system for the JL? If so , does it have any drone? What are your thoughts on this system? Looking for nice deep tone, but not too loud and definitely no drone. Thoughts?
Depends what your looking for...Borla powder coat is garbage, will start chipping couple days after install and there fit is off sometimes. I have emails back and forth with the owner David Borla and engineers apologizing for the bad coating and fitting issues.

They are still trying to figure out why coating not adhering. I do powder coating myself for business and had lengthy discussions with there "engineers" trying to help and they they've never even heard of using a primer in problem areas.

They believe they still long ways from getting it.

Borlas exhaust notes are loud and raspy...fast and furious kinda. They sent me 5 replacements in a 2 month period. I was willing to try all 3 models(and a few of the same) and did not like the tone or system at all.

Not knocking the company everyone deserves a chance...but Borla not for me.

I ended up getting Magnaflow MF and boy what a system. Powder coat is beautiful no issues at all, fit is spot on(slipped right) and the sound is deep and throaty especially when you get on it. Full disclosure I have a K&N CAI which adds a lot to the overall sound. Highly recommend installing a combination of of sorts.

Good luck have fun...try out a few.

Jeep#6

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4xe HYDRO; 24 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales in a Jeep
Depends what your looking for...Borla powder coat is garbage, will start chipping couple days after install and there fit is off sometimes. I have emails back and forth with the owner David Borla and engineers apologizing for the bad coating and fitting issues.

They are still trying to figure out why coating not adhering. I do powder coating myself for business and had lengthy discussions with there "engineers" trying to help and they they've never even heard of using a primer in problem areas.

They believe they still long ways from getting it.

Borlas exhaust notes are loud and raspy...fast and furious kinda. They sent me 5 replacements in a 2 month period. I was willing to try all 3 models(and a few of the same) and did not like the tone or system at all.

Not knocking the company everyone deserves a chance...but Borla not for me.

I ended up getting Magnaflow MF and boy what a system. Powder coat is beautiful no issues at all, fit is spot on(slipped right) and the sound is deep and throaty especially when you get on it. Full disclosure I have a K&N CAI which adds a lot to the overall sound. Highly recommend installing a combination of of sorts.

Good luck have fun...try out a few.
How much does the CAI help cabin sound improve over the “whining” sound of stock? Will take performance and mpg gains but really just trying to improve cabin tone... any guidance on the benefit of CAI VS Exhaust VS combo?

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
How much does the CAI help cabin sound improve over the “whining” sound of stock? Will take performance and mpg gains but really just trying to improve cabin tone... any guidance on the benefit of CAI VS Exhaust VS combo?
What do you mean "better"?

Better tone within cabin?

Or having a quieter tone in cabin?

The benefits of having just one over the other vs having both is like having the Alpine system in your Jeep but no subwoofer

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
The DYNOMAX TURBO SYS, is really great "NO FUSS" system--

I took me 15 minutes to remove/install the POLISHED SS MUFFLER--fairly quiet/w deep sounds only on demand and "NO DRONE--EVER", it's positioned very high, inside the rear end--is fairly invisible and "OUTTA SIGHT"

You might still get a VENDOR 10% discount from this forum-

W.E.

JIMBO
SUNP0175_zpslsfs4wby.jpg

Sponsored

Jeep#6

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 4xe HYDRO; 24 BMW X5
Occupation
Sales in a Jeep
What do you mean "better"?

Better tone within cabin?

Or having a quieter tone in cabin?

The benefits of having just one over the other vs having both is like having the Alpine system in your Jeep but no subwoofer
Better tone in cabin. Stock isn’t very throaty and as i said more of a whining sound. Not looking for rattling windows and setting off car alarms, but would like to hear more American muscle coming from the engine... trying to understand what each provides and whether I need both or just CAI.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Better tone in cabin. Stock isn’t very throaty and as i said more of a whining sound. Not looking for rattling windows and setting off car alarms, but would like to hear more American muscle coming from the engine... trying to understand what each provides and whether I need both or just CAI.
DEFINITELY BOTH

KN CAI AND MAGNAFLOW HANDS DOWN

Throttle body gives it a really neat slight whistle when you get on it too

OP
OP

PDQ

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Let me ask again, has anyone had experience with the Borla Touring axle back system on a JL?
Drone?

Thank you

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Let me ask again, has anyone had experience with the Borla Touring axle back system on a JL?
Drone?

Thank you
Nobody...because borla sucks dude

Especially touring model, just keep stock

No drone btw

Sponsored

DIRKS

First Name
David Beischer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Drone?

Thank you

No drone on mine, I also have AFE intake and have 3500 miles on it thus far. A deeper tone than stock, and marginally louder. It’s subjective- and imo- was far more tasteful than the others I considered.

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
CAI plus axleback will make the car loud all around

Axleback is noticable up to 3000rpm, deep bassy sound.. So in neutral, cruising and driving around you hear the exhaust

Intake provides a loud induction sound above 3000rpm and @ WOT, exhaust is barley noticeable since intake sound is very loud on the Pentastar

Jlmoe

First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JL Rubicon
Drone?

Thank you
I have an S-Type Borla

No drone, deep bassy sound and not very loud

Touring from vids sounds as loud as stock..

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
I have the Borla Touring exhaust. Have had for approximately 3k miles. No drone at all, slightly louder than stock. I bought for the looks. I prefer the dual exhaust look in back.

wrangster

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold the JLUS, New Ford Ranger 4X4 Lariat
Occupation
Retired and happy!
Vehicle Showcase
I put a Delta force 2 flow master which did offer a drone. About a thousand miles on the road with it I decided to add a resonator. I had a Vibrant bottle style put on just in back of the stock one and that did the trick. Lowered the sound some and took just about all of the drone out. With about $400.00 invested in it total I am now satisfied. I know most like the Borla but I could not pass up the sale. I have about 2K miles on my black coated flowmaster and no issues with chipping or flaking! Borla has those.
Sponsored