Sponsored

Boring thread but which company for all weather mats?

Covered in Dust

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I wish I could find some nice deep carpet mats. I have the mopar mats which are great when I want them but for around town (SoCal) I want to slip off my flip flops and enjoy nice deep carpet. Can’t find them anywhere.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My Weathertech are curling in on themselves. They fit great to begin with but have since curled in the last 6 months. Had them for a little over 1 year.
WeatherTech is about 45 min from me. Mine curled up also. I drove to the WeatherTech showroom to show them. The saleswoman took them out and folded them inside out and back. That flexed the plastic back into shape for a while but they started curling again. The WeatherTech logos also pop off. I think the mold release agent prevents the sticky backing to hold. I have bought their products for many cars but I don't think I would buy their products again. There are more options today for all-weather type mats. Most if not all are cheaper also.

I would probably try the Mopar, Husky, or another brand next time.

Last edited:

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

Sponsored

OP
OP
thegame81

thegame81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xtreme Recon 392
Clubs

ReimundKrohn

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Islander Sting Grey
I had Weathertech in my Sequioa; waste of money. Hard plastic, gets slick AF in winter, fancy logos popped off at least three of the mats (even in the rear seats which were rarely used). When I went shopping for my JL I wanted a soft rubber and better coverage. I liked the look of the Mopars but figured I would try a Mopar knock-off from eBay instead. They fit well, good coverage, pliable rubber with good grip (thus far), and they look great…. And if it turns out they suck in cold temps, I will just replace them.

GrayHawk20

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*See Signature for Info*
Occupation
(Architectural) Jr. Project Coordinator
Vehicle Showcase

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
WeatherTech, always. Had them for over a decade in various trucks and now the Jeep.

chicklet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
My biggest issue with Weathertech is cleaning. I haven't found a method to get them to "like-new" condition.
Try Adam’s Polishes Rubber Mat and Liner Cleaner. I used it on my Grand Cherokee OEM all weather mats. It cleans very well and brings the “matte” finish back without any slick residue left behind.

Remove debris, spray, agitate with a brush and rinse.

https://adamspolishes.com/collectio...aning/products/adams-rubber-mat-liner-cleaner

Sponsored

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
The all weather mats I ordered with my jeep didn’t make it on to my build, I’m glad they didn’t.
I’ve ran weather tech in my Grand Cherokee, rugged ridge in my super duty, and quadratec in my Tj. I went with the new weather tech hp floor mats, a huge improvement over the standard plastic weather tech. They are thicker and much more flexible but not floppy. The rear cargo area is still the standard weather tech. Make sure you order the correct cargo mat. They have them with or without sub and with or without flat load floor.
Jeep Wrangler JL Boring thread but which company for all weather mats? B2475DA9-6559-4C1F-866A-21AF319D8775
Jeep Wrangler JL Boring thread but which company for all weather mats? F9C6D4E2-6EBF-438D-A6C4-7AC7171B8A18
Jeep Wrangler JL Boring thread but which company for all weather mats? 5760F367-EA09-4DB0-B73C-3EBF5543E7C8
Jeep Wrangler JL Boring thread but which company for all weather mats? 2098DF30-4CE6-43F9-B90F-32511B38308D

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
I’ve used mostly weather tech but liked the mopar ones so much I went with them. One advantage is there is a drain plug that allows liquid to Exit through the floor, but for overall function and looks I went with mopar and am happy

Turbomark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude
I found a front/rear set of Trushield mats on XT for under $90, so I gave them a shot. So far so good.

EAD4AA6C-665C-4946-8E01-E2D8626E47E0.jpeg

42C25257-2EFC-4BF4-A712-E4E7BF43019C.jpeg

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
My friend was telling me rough country doesn't fit right but he's usually wrong on most things lol

Just curious which is the go to brand for the JL for all weather Mats.

Thank you guys.
I sprung for the new Weathertech Floorliner HPs. They were only $10 or $20 more than the standard floor liner but are AWESOME. They fit great, are heavy duty rubber-like (not like the thin standard ones that warp). Only problem is if they're full of water trying to get them out without spilling it everywhere but that can be worked around.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I sprung for the new Weathertech Floorliner HPs. They were only $10 or $20 more than the standard floor liner but are AWESOME. They fit great, are heavy duty rubber-like (not like the thin standard ones that warp). Only problem is if they're full of water trying to get them out without spilling it everywhere but that can be worked around.
Good time for a wet/dry shop vac :)
Sponsored