Sponsored

Bored as hell run, Miller tomorrow

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Weather’s to nice to set around here tomorrow. I will be at Lockwood trail head @11:00 am. I will be with at least one SB4X4 club member in a wrangler also.
my rig
Jeep Wrangler JL Bored as hell run, Miller tomorrow JL on Shafer trail, Ut

Man, I wish we had this view.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Sounds(PM) like Marlin27 on this forum will be joining for his first ever Miller run. Ritam from SB4x4 has made the run a couple times as have I . Should be a good run.
IF you are going in via 33 and up lockwoodvalley rd. We sould be able to meet up at 9:20-9:25 at S. La luna av. and HWY 150 34.430175, -119.290225

Last edited:
OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Another Miller experienced Wrangler 4dr. from SB4x4 will be joining. Now 4 total with Marlin27 .

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Damn wish woulda known yesterday i would have brought my jeep instead of the car, im up here visiting family lol

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Damn wish woulda known yesterday i would have brought my jeep instead of the car, im up here visiting family lol
Sorry, I do things kinda spur of the moment.

Sponsored

Cdnjeep

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
If you guys find any broken Jeep parts its mine .. :)

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
haha , so If we find money and such. Finders keeper;)

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Ah damn! I just cleaned my Jeep from the last miller run and still have my doors/roof off. If I wake up feeling adventurous I'll come join.

Frezski

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2013 F250, 2016 Accord, 2016 Yami R1M
Occupation
Slave to the Trade
Vehicle Showcase
If I wasn't at work right now, I would have been interested as well. Have fun dudes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
This spur of the moment run ended up with 3 fellow SB4x4 members and marlin27 from this forum. His being the white 4dr. next to my white 2dr.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bored as hell run, Miller tomorrow miller run 5-31 a
11:30 and we where the only ones at the Lockwood Valley staging area this beautiful Sunday .However, we met up with 3 other groups at Piru Creek and the start of Miller Jeep Trail. As we pulled into the Piru valley, 2 groups vacated and started up Miller trail. We knew to hangout awhile or get bunched up on the climb up to the trail exit and the campgrounds on top. It was about 2:45 when our group of 5 started up Miller. A mile or so up we could see farther up rigs stopped and people out. When we got to the 1st of two harder sections. We found a open diff. Grand Cherokee with a small lift on 33's struggling and several guys valiantly stacking rocks and several women and children observing. Our group of 7 people walked up to see what's up. Now there's like a dozen folks out and about. After a while, a good strap tug from one of their groups rigs and the obstacle was cleared for us. Only one in our Wrangler group had open diff's and it also got hung up, on the passenger side LCA. With it's winch hooked to marlin27's rear bumper it was able to proceed. Shortly there after we caught up to the Cherokee again but something was holding their whole group up. Their vehicles were empty and they had walked up trail to the group ahead of them going through the last real hard section. A broke down CJ was being towed and had flopped over. That group had been at it a while but was just finishing the section and clearing way for the group ahead of us. We rolled through without issue. Past the last hard section now but there were several rigs stopped on and around the trail still. Leading my group and familiar with the trail, I knew this one last big rock on the trail with a very easy bypass was it for the day. I went the hard line for the heck of it. Long story short my driver side frt. tire slipped off the rock and I eneded up turtling on my belly pan. All four tires hanging and clawing air. Marlin27 to the rescue again. He passed me via the bypass, and with him in front and my winch cable hooked to his rear bumper, the winch dragged my Wrangler on the belly pan more than a foot with nearly the full 5,000 lbs,. on the skid plate. Thanks M.O.R.E. your belly pan rocks, haha. No damage but for a scar.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bored as hell run, Miller tomorrow bellypan scrape miller 5-31

Once out of the trail and at the parking area/campgrounds I found the flopped CJ among that group of rigs.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bored as hell run, Miller tomorrow miller flop 5-31

This was my 4th run on Miller and the only one during the weekend with other groups on the trail. We didn't get to I-5 until 6pm. 9 hour round trip but still enjoyable.

Last edited:

Cdnjeep

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Our run through wasn't that dramatic. With the exception of me turning my jeep over none of us got really stuck on anything. Vic would radio us on which line to take when were up in Miller.

I actually found Miller a lot easier than Lockwood.
To me Lockwood was more challenging maybe because we were driving a lot faster in that area... Miller was just a nice slow pace and a few hairy spots.

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
:ontheloo: I find Miller a long way to go to do #1 and #2. Obstacles that is, but Miller is the nearest 4x4 trail to Carpinteria. Lockwood part to Miller and Piru Creek is a access road with a #2 rating. Miller 4x4 trail is a #3 with 2 - #4 sections.

OP
OP
sourdough

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Ole Miller Jeep Trail seems to have reared its head with vengeance this season!
I was told the CJ was disabled and on a strap and was basically puller over onto it's side.
Sponsored