OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU (2.0L Turbo)
I can confirm the JB4 does have RPM access. Where I feel it’s a better solution is that it has full canbus integration which gives it much more data to use versus a simple piggyback.
How exactly is the piggyback using any of this CANbus information? Integration would imply that it is intercepting the CANbus information, and using the unit to somehow modify or implement the data traffic. It's been mentioned numerous times in regard to the Giulia, but I don't see anyone using it, nor putting it to actual use in anyway in regards to tuning. It's simply there for the user to look at.

RPM access? Through CANbus traffic, and not directly from the sensor. Again, paired with my question above, how is the unit actually using this RPM data traffic?

More so, the tune on the piggyback was developed prior to their being RPM access through the CANbus, and it has no other source for RPM that I know of. So how can the calibration on the unit be made based on different RPM/load/throttle axis points if it didn't have this information from the beginning?

These are all honest questions, I'm not trying to take a dig at the system.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As a piggyback, this is:

1) Undetectable by dealer, just unplug for service basically to return to stock? (i.e. warranty intact) I know it says this on your site, along with my next questions, but just confirming & curious as to how it is.

2) Plug & Play?

3) Preset tunes are good (looking at dyno, the numbers look pleasing)? The customer tuning option is cool, but I’m not trying to blow anything up... it’ll still be slow, I just want a lil more grunt for running 37s. Are the preset tunes safe? What do they change? boost, timing, etc. or does it just trick the car into running more boost & the car compensates by adjusting what needs to adjusted? What are the preset tune options? Also, no CEL guarantee on preset tunes? All I have is an S&B intake, so that will work with the tunes I assume?
1. Yes, the fuse inline with the power wire can be removed (this puts the box back to stock), or the whole system can be removed. Once back to stock, after a few miles all trims revert to normal. This allows the system (like many piggyback units) to leave no real footprint.

2. Yes, plug and play. The only wiring applicable to installation is for ignition power and ground.

3. The preset tunes are safe, and they only modify the boost curve directly. Our preset tunes (or you may call them OTS (off the shelf)) technically are preset, but each tune is hand made on the dyno and with road testing as well. They're not simply just incremental value changes, we modify the entire curve for power and efficiency, and at different load settings as well for drivability. The modifications are achieved by altering the boost sensor signals to allow the ECU to call for more voltage to the sensor, thus increasing boost. This is done in a very controlled manner, and we heavily monitor lambda/AFR and timing values as the changes are made to ensure safety and proper adaptation to the changes. There should be no CELs present while running this kit when installed as we outline. Yes, it will absolutely work with any aftermarket intake (if the intake design is sound, you should actually see some gains while running it with the piggyback unit).

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
1. Yes, the fuse inline with the power wire can be removed (this puts the box back to stock), or the whole system can be removed. Once back to stock, after a few miles all trims revert to normal. This allows the system (like many piggyback units) to leave no real footprint.

2. Yes, plug and play. The only wiring applicable to installation is for ignition power and ground.

3. The preset tunes are safe, and they only modify the boost curve directly. Our preset tunes (or you may call them OTS (off the shelf)) technically are preset, but each tune is hand made on the dyno and with road testing as well. They're not simply just incremental value changes, we modify the entire curve for power and efficiency, and at different load settings as well for drivability. The modifications are achieved by altering the boost sensor signals to allow the ECU to call for more voltage to the sensor, thus increasing boost. This is done in a very controlled manner, and we heavily monitor lambda/AFR and timing values as the changes are made to ensure safety and proper adaptation to the changes. There should be no CELs present while running this kit when installed as we outline. Yes, it will absolutely work with any aftermarket intake (if the intake design is sound, you should actually see some gains while running it with the piggyback unit).

Thank you for the reply. Once I figure out which BOV I’m going with & possibly getting the mishimoto intercooler tune, I’ll get this to get a lil umph back.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@VaitrixUSA I can't wait to get the Booster ECU! After installing your boost gauge, I can see how sleepy the turbo really is
Glad that it's working for you! There really is a substantial amount left on the table with the stock tune and boost curve, so waking it up will be a noticeable change.

Sponsored

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the reply. Once I figure out which BOV I’m going with & possibly getting the mishimoto intercooler tune, I’ll get this to get a lil umph back.
No problem! Just let us know if you have any other questions about the system.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
@VaitrixUSA two questions for ya...
1) All variables aside (driving harder b/c it's not more fun, upgrades like lift/tires etc) how are the MPGs affect by this swap?
2) Does this void the warranty? If so is there a easy flash on the spot type thing that you can do before bringing it in for warranty work to avoid them knowing what has been done?

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@VaitrixUSA two questions for ya...
1) All variables aside (driving harder b/c it's not more fun, upgrades like lift/tires etc) how are the MPGs affect by this swap?
2) Does this void the warranty? If so is there a easy flash on the spot type thing that you can do before bringing it in for warranty work to avoid them knowing what has been done?
1) So far we've not noticed any noticeable decrease when driving normally. We did notice a difference when we put the larger tires on, and naturally with more power added you've got your foot down more often. But highway and city driving has maintained about what it was when stock. It's had quite a bit more driving since so on the next fill up we'll re-verify.
2) Because it's all hardware, it leaves essentially no footprint. There are a number of ways you can revert the system. Use the BT app and upload the stock map back to the unit, pull the inline fuse on the power wire (which defaults to signal bypass, making it stock) or just remove the whole thing from the car. For appearances, the first two solutions won't really work unless you've done a good job of hiding everything. But it is pretty easy to remove it from the car.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@VaitrixUSA If you really want to convince us, purchase a JB4 and compare dyno results. Same day, same Jeep, same dyno... make it a fair comparison.
Well, first off, I'm not trying to convince you by comparing it, that's not what we do. Someone else has posed this comparison.

Secondly, considering they haven't actually dyno tested their own JL, nor do they own one (like we do), I'd just be doing their work for them. That would simply be a waste of our time.

Thirdly, I would not accept the results of a vendor testing another vendor's competing product. There will always be bias, it would not be completely fair. I wouldn't expect owners to take our results seriously if I were to present them in that fashion, because I wouldn't.

Peak power is great to have, but on a vehicle like this, optimization in other places within the powerband is invaluable to great results. Not only have we thoroughly tested these other areas of the powerband (both on the dyno, and on the road daily), but the ability to map on a 3D axis the way our unit can allows these areas to be improved and maximized. It's whole, and well rounded overall, not just a +1, 2, or 3 for the whole curve.

Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Well, first off, I'm not trying to convince you by comparing it, that's not what we do. Someone else has posed this comparison.
Really? I haven't seen this yet. Do you have a link?

Secondly, considering they haven't actually dyno tested their own JL, nor do they own one (like we do), I'd just be doing their work for them. That would simply be a waste of our time.
Here's the results from their dyno test. Not that it matters, but their statement "our new Jeep 2L" implies they own it. https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=651288&postcount=2

Thirdly, I would not accept the results of a vendor testing another vendor's competing product. There will always be bias, it would not be completely fair. I wouldn't expect owners to take our results seriously if I were to present them in that fashion, because I wouldn't.
Thats why you get a third part... ahh never mind.

Peak power is great to have, but on a vehicle like this, optimization in other places within the powerband is invaluable to great results. Not only have we thoroughly tested these other areas of the powerband (both on the dyno, and on the road daily), but the ability to map on a 3D axis the way our unit can allows these areas to be improved and maximized. It's whole, and well rounded overall, not just a +1, 2, or 3 for the whole curve.
Do you have any part throttle or steady state dyno charts you would be willing to share?

Last edited:
OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really? I haven't seen this yet. Do you have a link?

Here's the results from their dyno test. Not that it matters, but their statement "our new Jeep 2L" implies they own it.

Thats why you get a third part... ahh never mind.

Do you have any part throttle or steady state dyno charts you would be willing to share?
Post 20 and 29 of this thread.

Whatever you posted didn't show up, but I know what you're referring to anyway. Fairly certain that's a customer car, and at a completely different shop/dyno. The other results I've seen are just charts from the Giulia, with file names renamed.

Your quote implied we should do it? Not a third party:
"@VaitrixUSA If you really want to convince us, purchase a JB4 and compare dyno results. Same day, same Jeep, same dyno... make it a fair comparison."

Not that I'd be willing to share, no. Load/steady state mode on our dyno doesn't allow me to hide parameters when exported as a graph. Some of that data I'd like to keep close to the chest until more of the tuning options and features we are working on have come to fruition.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Post 20 and 29 of this thread.
Those are comparing features, not results.

Whatever you posted didn't show up, but I know what you're referring to anyway. Fairly certain that's a customer car, and at a completely different shop/dyno. The other results I've seen are just charts from the Giulia, with file names renamed.
Post is by Terry@BMS (Berger Motorsports) There's pictures of the JL on the third party dyno.
https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=651288&postcount=2

Your quote implied we should do it? Not a third party:
"@VaitrixUSA If you really want to convince us, purchase a JB4 and compare dyno results. Same day, same Jeep, same dyno... make it a fair comparison."
OK, let me clear it up then. Use a third party.

Not that I'd be willing to share, no. Load/steady state mode on our dyno doesn't allow me to hide parameters when exported as a graph. Some of that data I'd like to keep close to the chest until more of the tuning options and features we are working on have come to fruition.
So all the features that your product has that are better than the competition, how are we supposed to know that it actually means that it functions better? The maximum acceleration videos & WOT dyno charts arn't going to show it.

OP
OP
EUROCOMPULSION

EUROCOMPULSION

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Post is by Terry@BMS (Berger Motorsports) There's pictures of the JL on the third party dyno.
https://www.n54tech.com/forums/showpost.php?p=651288&postcount=2
Use Google. Why would they send their test car all the way to New Jersey, just for a 3rd dyno test? There's plenty of dynos in California.

So all the features that your product has that are better than the competition, how are we supposed to know that it actually means that it functions better? The maximum acceleration videos & WOT dyno charts arn't going to show it.
I've never said all of our features are better than the competition (I've actually complimented their stuff). I've spoken of a very specific one, and it's very simple when comparing the two functionally in regards to the function I'm talking about, that one has it and the other does not.

You're insisting we should provide steady state and part throttle dyno results to be legitimate (this is something no tuner on the JL platform has provided, most don't on other platforms either), and ignoring the fact that someone else has essentially copy/pasted results from another car. Our tuning software is free, and with the Pro unit any user can use it to make their own mapping. Doing so makes it incredibly clear what it's capable of doing.

You can minimize our actual charts and testing all you want, but it's more than anyone else has provided. I hope you apply the same level of scrutiny equally (fair comparisons and all).

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Use Google. Why would they send their test car all the way to New Jersey, just for a 3rd dyno test? There's plenty of dynos in California.
It is possible that they have reps in other states. No need for the condescending tone.

I've never said all of our features are better than the competition (I've actually complimented their stuff). I've spoken of a very specific one, and it's very simple when comparing the two functionally in regards to the function I'm talking about, that one has it and the other does not.
I don't think it's simple, which is why I requested a visual aid.

You're insisting we should provide steady state and part throttle dyno results to be legitimate (this is something no tuner on the JL platform has provided, most don't on other platforms either)
I requested a dyno comparison. You replied that "Peak power is great to have, but on a vehicle like this, optimization in other places within the powerband is invaluable to great results." so, I requested dyno charts not for peak power. I am not insisting anything or accusing Vaitrix of not being legitimate.

and ignoring the fact that someone else has essentially copy/pasted results from another car. Our tuning software is free, and with the Pro unit any user can use it to make their own mapping. Doing so makes it incredibly clear what it's capable of doing. You can minimize our actual charts and testing all you want, but it's more than anyone else has provided. I hope you apply the same level of scrutiny equally (fair comparisons and all).
I see what's on their website, and I'm not ignoring anything. Again, this is not a simple topic for me, so nothing about it is incredibly clear.

I posted here today to try and figure out which tuner to get. At first I thought I would buy the one that performed better, but now I'm realizing the value of customer service.
Sponsored