First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Occupation
CEO
While installing a new spare tire carrier, I over torqued and broke the bolt. This is one of the 8 black bolts that supports the rear tire carrier on the tailgate. Does anyone know what size this is or a replacement number? FYI - if this ever happens to you , you can remove the fascia on the inside and gain access to the threads to pull it threw. I tried a search and found nothing.
Thanks
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
8MM x 1.25 thread about 32 mm long.

Last edited:

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Sam’s Decorative Automotive Button Emporium
While installing a new spare tire carrier, I over torqued and broke the bolt. This is one of the 8 black bolts that supports the rear tire carrier on the tailgate. Does anyone know what size this is or a replacement number? FYI - if this ever happens to you , you can remove the fascia on the inside and gain access to the threads to pull it threw. I tried a search and found nothing.
Thanks
Hey did you ever figure this out? I have a similar issue and need that bolt as well!

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Found it:

Mopar Part # 6512642AA

Sponsored

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Thanks I snapped one as well.
My experience was good - ordered all 8 from the main mopar site, and they shipped from my local dealer and arrived in just a few days.

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
My experience was good - ordered all 8 from the main mopar site, and they shipped from my local dealer and arrived in just a few days.
I wonder if local dealer would sell just one?

Bocephus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392
Occupation
Probably so with part number in hand, would be my guess.

My local dealer parts center seemed clueless the one time I came in looking for a part, but it was the little rubber stopper thing and bolt for the mopar tube door...kind of a random part I guess, but they had no clue how to get it

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Just a heads up - same with all the Mopar bolts: go and buy legit grade bolts at your local hardware store. Replacing the snapped bolt with the same shitty grade Mopar bolts is just asking for it to happen again.

Snapped one just a few minutes ago when re-torquing them again after going offroad and they were all loose. Headed to the hardware store to get 8 new ones not taking a chance here after hearing everything shifting last night in turns and bumps.

Sponsored

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Altitude
Just joined this club. Now to find proper bolts.

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a heads up - same with all the Mopar bolts: go and buy legit grade bolts at your local hardware store. Replacing the snapped bolt with the same shitty grade Mopar bolts is just asking for it to happen again.

Snapped one just a few minutes ago when re-torquing them again after going offroad and they were all loose. Headed to the hardware store to get 8 new ones not taking a chance here after hearing everything shifting last night in turns and bumps.
Just joined the club. What are the size of the bolts?

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Agreed, i snapped one by torquing to 26lbs, and I'm going to replace all of them, that's ridiculous.
Old thread, however what would be the bolt size thar this bracket takes? I joined the club tonight breaking a bolt.

Altitude2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8MM x 1.25 thread about 32 mm long.
Hi, is this the original bolt size? I got the Terraflex relocation bracket which uses the existing bolts. I broke one off tonight. I would like to get a bolt from a hardware store tomorrow. Thanks
Sponsored