EvanH84

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
You said you “went to see it”. Are they finished with it? If not, maybe they plan to touch up the bolt heads? The paint does flake off those when they are removed. What did they say when you looked at it? This all could be a big deal made of nothing if they aren’t done yet...
They called me two weeks ago and told me it was done. I checked the hinges and tape lines which all looked half-assed.
All of this could be avoided if they took the proper steps to remedy the issue in the production process. This has been an issue for the JL for years and even the Jk had it. The later JKs had a gasket implemented that prevented the issue.
Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JT
They called me two weeks ago and told me it was done. I checked the hinges and tape lines which all looked half-assed.
All of this could be avoided if they took the proper steps to remedy the issue in the production process. This has been an issue for the JL for years and even the Jk had it. The later JKs had a gasket implemented that prevented the issue.
In that case, they suck! Who did the work?

OP
OP
EvanH84

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
For some reason... I seem to be seeing different pictures that the responses above?

OP - man - that's brutal... So, have they even started the repair work yet?

And they've caused that much damage? How can that even happen - especially on the 2nd photo unless they were using an impact wrench with a screw bit and just let it rip and ended up out of control all over the place... or did they torque it down so much that it cracked all the paint surrounding it - after doing what I said above?

Ugh.... So good you have those before photos...

Man I don't know what you need to do but best of luck...
They were reaching out to FCA for more money to redo it. For perspective, the first time I took it in they told me it was going to be around $6500-7,000 to fix and they weren’t going to order new doors, new flares or a hood but rather remedy it on the ones it came with. A deer ran into the side of my friends JL a week after mine was taken in and required both flares on the right, two new doors and paint which ended up being $6,000. His was done in three weeks and looked like this...

D63A1E4F-26D1-43CC-9423-A9F99D257F76.jpeg

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
lol, this kind of attitude is ridiculous. This is such a minor problem it’s not worth even worrying about, much less getting up the energy to whine about online.
This is how Jeep (and other companies) get away with bad QC.

Jeep loves the "it's a Jeep" attitude where it's "just a Jeep" so you are trained to expect horrible quality in dealing with a $50K vehicle or service.

For the record, Tesla does it too, with body gaps and build issues on a $125K vehicle that were it not electric people wouldn't accept on the most inexpensive Kia.

Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

PiroJeep96

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
I had the corrosion issue also on my 18 JLUS. When i got it back after 2+ weeks at body shop they completely replaced hinges and re painted all doors. The hinges and bolts looked fine (unfortunately the OPs didn’t) however the paint they used on the doors is definitely a shade off in some light especially dusk or dawn. My JL is PE4, Punk’n. Maybe it was just because it was new or ive gotten used to it but its not as pronounced now but i can still tell the difference. I definitely see where OP could be upset as i am in the same boat. Don’t expect to pay all our hard earned money for a vehicle and have issues like this within the first years (or months) of ownership. I still love my Jeep but it does suck.

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Go to automotivetouchup.com, get a spray can and some clear. Mask the surrounding area and fix it in no time.
They’re bolts. They used them, the paint flakes off. Sure they probably should have repainted them, but this isn’t some ungodly nightmare. This is a freaking Jeep dude.
In less than 40 days one could take jeep home, get excess bolts, paint bolts, swap, and then paint old bolts.

Stainless replacement bolts might be a good option here for jeeps prone to hinge corrosion. I might just order some and get over the fact that they are not painted.
Sponsored