Body shop did more damage to my Jeep*

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
So my Wrangler was in the shop to have the corrosion issue sorted around my hinges for the last month. I went and checked out the car last Saturday and the bolts and hinges were all scratched and stripped. The car has been in the shop for over 40 days since I have owned it for paint work and I still do not have it. The vehicle was purchased in Maryland and is under 18,000 miles. The first two pictures are before I took it in and the last two are after.

BC2B9C47-8A8B-43AE-A955-96D6E9030AF5.jpeg

9A7862BE-734F-40AA-9D3F-7561F7B9300D.jpeg

1B6307D5-9B18-41B5-A247-9DB0E39C3E3C.jpeg

780596C7-C4BB-4C2C-8737-A56BC9BC3447.jpeg
Sponsored

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Thereā€™s really no way around that unless they repaint with the hinges attached to the door. Looks like they painted the door and hinges separate and reinstalled. I guess they should have painted the door, assembled the hinges to the door, and painted everything with another coat or 2. Thatā€™s the only way I can see this being avoided.

dd31

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Sport S
Thereā€™s really no way around that unless they repaint with the hinges attached to the door. Looks like they painted the door and hinges separate and reinstalled. I guess they should have painted the door, assembled the hinges to the door, and painted everything with another coat or 2. Thatā€™s the only way I can see this being avoided.
This is what they should have done. I dont think it would be too difficult at this point for them to mask off the door and prep and paint just the hinge now

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Go to automotivetouchup.com, get a spray can and some clear. Mask the surrounding area and fix it in no time.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
For some reason... I seem to be seeing different pictures that the responses above?

OP - man - that's brutal... So, have they even started the repair work yet?

And they've caused that much damage? How can that even happen - especially on the 2nd photo unless they were using an impact wrench with a screw bit and just let it rip and ended up out of control all over the place... or did they torque it down so much that it cracked all the paint surrounding it - after doing what I said above?

Ugh.... So good you have those before photos...

Man I don't know what you need to do but best of luck...

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Theyā€™re bolts. They used them, the paint flakes off. Sure they probably should have repainted them, but this isnā€™t some ungodly nightmare. This is a freaking Jeep dude.

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Theyā€™re bolts. They used them, the paint flakes off. Sure they probably should have repainted them, but this isnā€™t some ungodly nightmare. This is a freaking Jeep dude.
Although you are right, they are bolts and they did have to use them, they had a job to return the vehicle in factory condition. And they didnā€™t deliver. They should have assembled the parts before the last couple coats.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
When the OP spends $50,000 hard earned dollars....having it come back with hinge bolts looking like sh** he has the right to be less that happy. Itā€™s the principle!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
When the OP spends $50,000 hard earned dollars....having it come back with hinge bolts looking like sh** he has the right to be less that happy. Itā€™s the principle!
lol, this kind of attitude is ridiculous. This is such a minor problem itā€™s not worth even worrying about, much less getting up the energy to whine about online.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
lol, this kind of attitude is ridiculous. This is such a minor problem itā€™s not worth even worrying about, much less getting up the energy to whine about online.
To each their own - body shops love customers who donā€™t care what the finished looks like...

OP
OP
EvanH84

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
I didnā€™t think my $50,000 Jeep would start corroding like a piece of shit 9 months into ownership. Gone for over 6 weeks now and still not done correctly.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I didnā€™t think my $50,000 Jeep would start corroding like a piece of shit 9 months into ownership. Gone for over 6 weeks now and still not done correctly.
Lol

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 JT
You said you ā€œwent to see itā€. Are they finished with it? If not, maybe they plan to touch up the bolt heads? The paint does flake off those when they are removed. What did they say when you looked at it? This all could be a big deal made of nothing if they arenā€™t done yet...

Mr Lee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The last picture looks like the paint is flaking. I have had this to vehicles before and it isn't going to stop there. It needs to be stripped and have a proper etching primer applied. If to were just the bolt heads I would touch it up but damage to the hinge isn't going to get any better.
Sponsored