First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
Does the tire carrier come with a light for the licence plate?
we do not include a light however, we would suggest a led from super bright leds . com or a tag light from off road only ORO.

we use the little license plate specific bolt hole leds for a super sleek look
we get them from superbrightleds and have really good luck with those.
Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I went with the Cavfab. I have had the mount on for a while and just now got around to installing the plate that holds the camera and 3rd brake light. I still need to run a wire for lights on my plate.

I'm happy with the mount itself. I plan to replace some of the gold/zinc plated hardware with stainless at my next tire rotation. I also need to get some stainless bolts to fill a couple of the holes I'm not using so the threads don't rust.

I had the Teraflex Alpha before this. While this is much stronger, I do wish it was as easy to take the spare off with the Cavfab.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I welded a wingnut to the bolt that holds the plate mount. Now I can remove it without any tools.

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I welded a wingnut to the bolt that holds the plate mount. Now I can remove it without any tools.
I am going to have to route my camera wire differently or find some slack. I had to take the plate off to plug everything in and then reinstall my plate.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I bought a little pigtail extension from eBay for the camera wire. You can get it in whatever length you want. Sorry I don’t have a link, I found it in another thread in this forum

Sponsored

jdhunt0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited
I have found a $40 cable. Is there a less expensive option?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I have found a $40 cable. Is there a less expensive option?
Quadratec.com sells a new camera wire thats like a foot longer than the factory wire.

moodywizard

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I installed the evo tire carrier about two years ago and never been happy with the body lines etc. Now it seems I have a lot of sag, so much that I have to lift up the tailgate when closing and top portion of the gate is peeling back some. Used both shims on bottom side so can’t adjust up anymore.

just received the cavfab bumper and probably going to be ordering the carrier soon. Sucks doing things twice, lesson learned haha

Bullwinkle

First Name
Lyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I installed my Rusty's last weekend. It's a beast. Very well built and the coating is flawless and beautiful. I run 37s and very heavy beadlocks. Very solid and quiet.

Ninja edit.

It's adjustable up and down and also In and out. I have mine second notch from the top and have no sensor issues.
Pardon, only slightly off topic...When does weight become a concern for tailgate mounted spare, am wondering if off the bumper is better, then I'm not slamming all that weight every time me and fido go cruisin? thanks

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
I installed the evo tire carrier about two years ago and never been happy with the body lines etc. Now it seems I have a lot of sag, so much that I have to lift up the tailgate when closing and top portion of the gate is peeling back some. Used both shims on bottom side so can’t adjust up anymore.

just received the cavfab bumper and probably going to be ordering the carrier soon. Sucks doing things twice, lesson learned haha
Dont forget to use our discount code for the forum! (JLFORUM)

Sponsored

UofMJeepJL

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR; 2021 Chevy 2500 LTZ
Hopefully this won't get us crucified...but for those looking for a Carrier..ours are now 20% off with code: THANKS20

:P
You guys want to run this promo again?? lol, i missed out last year and really like your product. Spent about 5 hours of research and yours comes out on top!

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
You guys want to run this promo again?? lol, i missed out last year and really like your product. Spent about 5 hours of research and yours comes out on top!
check it out. Valid 11/22/21 until 11/29/21
Code: BLACKOUT21
Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys rsz_1blackoutsalejltest

just wanted to say we truly appreciate the opportunity to earn everyone's business!
you guys / gals definitely seem to like them!

UofMJeepJL

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR; 2021 Chevy 2500 LTZ
check it out. Valid 11/22/21 until 11/29/21
Code: BLACKOUT21
Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys rsz_1blackoutsalejltest

just wanted to say we truly appreciate the opportunity to earn everyone's business!
you guys / gals definitely seem to like them!

Ordered! cant wait... setting up a local powder coating appointment now!

Thanks!

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Pardon, only slightly off topic...When does weight become a concern for tailgate mounted spare, am wondering if off the bumper is better, then I'm not slamming all that weight every time me and fido go cruisin? thanks
Honestly we arent fans of the bumper mounted options. That puts all the weight of the tire / wheel on one single pivot point. It doesnt matter what kind of bushing you use there, it tends to rattle like crazy and fatigues over time.

Body mount >

DamagingLime

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLUR Ecodiesel
Anyone have any pics of the camera mount? I am completely lost as to how to get that thing mounted!
Sponsored