Sponsored

Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Here is my Cavfab inside a 37” Nitto on a KMC 8.5” beadlock with 4.75” backspacing. Carrier is positioned as low as possible for tire to just clear a JCR bumper and plate/camera mount is pushed as far inside the wheel as I can get it. My only complaint is that the guidelines seem to point uphill???

F63F3EBE5843432DB07A.jpg
Sponsored

neeesack

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Sorry to dredge up an old one, but has anyone gotten one of these from Rusty's since summer? I placed an order (through @Quadratec) back in July and after multiple delays I'm now told a potential ship date of Dec 30, over 5 months from my order.

Probably canceling and getting a CavFab instead...
I just ordered one directly from Rusty's yesterday at 3pm PST (after calling their shipping line right before closing [5pm CST] and inquiring about their current shipping times). I woke up to a shipping email this morning at 6:10am PST that it should be getting here by next Mon 11/23.

neeesack

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I am running the Rustys with a 37” on a black rhino 17” wheel.

the Rustys is ridiculously overbuilt. I went w it for the e coating so it doesn’t rust from the insides out, the robustness of the design and also camera setup. I didn’t like the brake light mount behind the wheel on the carrier so I went w a led ring which is bright.

the Rustys also has reinforced hinges at the tub on both sides, and also nuts lock up the bolts from inside the tailgate as well. The 4 holes to drill into the tailgate to stiffen up the handle area is optional, but I’d say do it. It’s pretty hard to screw up and drilling the holes the way the mount lines up on the gate, and the tailgate is aluminum so I don’t worry about rust.

i have tons of pics if anyone wants me to post some.

the cavfab looks nice but what kept me away was the raw steel and need to finish it... and w the Rustys being similar in price finished plus e coated I went that route.

best of luck.

Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys F63F3EBE5843432DB07A

Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys F63F3EBE5843432DB07A

I have a similar looking wheel (Warn Jackhammer) and I don't think the factory third brake light will work well with my wheels, what LED ring brake light did you end up using?
Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys 20201109_114225

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I just ordered one directly from Rusty's yesterday at 3pm PST (after calling their shipping line right before closing [5pm CST] and inquiring about their current shipping times). I woke up to a shipping email this morning at 6:10am PST that it should be getting here by next Mon 11/23.
I just called, evidently they print the shipping label immediately but they still don't expect shipments until Dec 30.

And the lady basically told me that their direct customers get shipments before bulk orders from Quadratec... WTF. So they have basically been fulfilling other orders and skipping mine.

I guess I'll go with CavFab and try to figure out how to get a good paint job.

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
At beginning of summer looking at shipping times on quadratec I just called and ordered direct from Rusty’s

Reactions: TJP

Sponsored

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Looking at the CavFab and only video on the install I could find shows it needing to press in the bushings, is that still the case?

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just called, evidently they print the shipping label immediately but they still don't expect shipments until Dec 30.

And the lady basically told me that their direct customers get shipments before bulk orders from Quadratec... WTF. So they have basically been fulfilling other orders and skipping mine.

hey I used Rugged.
Rugged Ridge 11585.06 Third Brake... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GZ95VG4?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
Hopefully this won't get us crucified...but for those looking for a Carrier..ours are now 20% off with code: THANKS20

:P

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Does anyone have any pictures of the updated cavfab with the 3rd brake light mounting spot?

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
I posted a pic in post #84 above.

Sponsored

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
Here are a couple pictures with the updated 3rd brake light mount for the JL spare tire carrier.

Be sure to take advantage of our Black Friday sale happening now!

20200926_132616.jpg

20200926_145215.jpg

mushroomax

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link

Same here with getting skipped. Ordered Rusty's tire carrier on October 8th from Quadratec. A month goes by so I call them up and they can't give me an answer on when it'll ship. So I call Rusty's and they confirmed what you said above. Not happy with Quadratec right now, and not happy with my spare tire laid down in the back cargo area taking up all that space.

Gizmo

First Name
Anes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL + JKU
Hello,
Did anyone try international shipping with CavFab ?
I'm really interested in their tire carrier and I'm looking for shiping to France.
Any info if this is feasible ?

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR 24 VW Tiguan Rline 20+21 Tacoma TRD
Looking at the CavFab and only video on the install I could find shows it needing to press in the bushings, is that still the case?
I PMd Cavfab the same question. Since my move I don't have access to a press. They said manufacturing has moved in house and the bushings can now be installed with a 2x4 and hammer. Also another trick is a long bolt and washer technique but its a pain.
Sponsored