Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if @CavFab_mfg website shows it yet, but they have updated some things that made some good improvements. The factory brake light can be added to the top of the plate mount. The camera mount is also changed slightly so that you don’t see the mount on the screen like the video on YouTube. And I’m not sure how they did it, but no shims needed and it works great! Love mine.

EF9D47E4455D47409D4A.jpg
I'm interested in the cavfab tire carrier, but not having a place to install the factory 3rd brake light was throwing me off until reading your post. Do you happen to have any pics of your set up with the spare, plate, and light installed? Also, what did you do for a plate light? Thanks!

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
4EED36D3CCFC40A68804.jpg
Because I didn’t know beforehand that the brake light would fit, I bought the ORO Off Road Only plate and brake light mount that CavFab suggested. And I’m happy with it. If I used the factory brake light, I’d have to get a plate light still (eBay has some bolts with LEDs in them that would work to hold plate and illuminate). But also the brake light would take up the space needed to reach behind the plate to disconnect it. I welded a wing nut to the top of the bolt and it’s a tool less operation now.
6227F40C7E0E404D92CA.jpg

Kev84

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see them on the website yet but Rusty's FB page made the announcement Rotopax mounts. This probably sealed the deal for me. I been looking for Rotopax mounts.
Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys 1596820786033

Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys 1596820820622

Reactions: TJP

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't see them on the website yet but Rusty's FB page made the announcement Rotopax mounts. This probably sealed the deal for me. I been looking for Rotopax mounts.

Thanks for posting that - looks like it will be nice. No concerns from me about added weight the carrier is over Built probably for this reason. :)

Sponsored

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
"Estimated to ship September 3"

Damn. lol. All the good stuff has a big wait right now.
Quadratec drop ships them from Rustys. Id call Rustys and tell them you are checking to see if in stock and if they will match price. If in stock but wont price match order from Quadratec.

I have found that the lead times are listed longer on vendor sites since shipping is out of their hands.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Does anyone have any side pictures of the Cavfab? I'd like to see how far away from the body the tire sits. I'm currently running 35x12.5 on stock Rubicon wheels but will hopefully get new wheels in the spring. And what about pictures of the backside of the carrier? Just curious to know how well the inside of the carrier can be accessed for a complete powder coat coverage to prevent rusting.

@CavFab_mfg Can you confirm that @1996cc is correct that the factory 3rd brake light can be used and you don't see the camera mount on the screen while in reverse? Not that I don't believe him, but he's the first one to bring this up from what I can tell.

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys FBEFCEB0860E43978C79

Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys D2C4D3B6BFB143BC84BF

In the red circle you can see the holes for the factory brake light. If you look at the bottom of your light, you will see that it all lines up.

I don’t have a pic, but you won’t get complete paint or powder coating coverage inside. Nothing’s perfect I guess.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys D2C4D3B6BFB143BC84BF

In the red circle you can see the holes for the factory brake light. If you look at the bottom of your light, you will see that it all lines up.

I don’t have a pic, but you won’t get complete paint or powder coating coverage inside. Nothing’s perfect I guess.
Awesome, thank you. Looks like it holds it a bit closer to the body than Rusty's tire carrier. Good to see you can reuse the factory brake light. I don't want to spend more money at this point. I'm starting to lean more towards the Cavfab carrier now. Do you remember if the back of the carrier was mostly enclosed? I live in the midwest and we really like our winter road seasoning.

Sponsored

CavFab_mfg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
CavFab
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlur
Occupation
Aftermarket Jeep Product Manufacturer
Awesome, thank you. Looks like it holds it a bit closer to the body than Rusty's tire carrier. Good to see you can reuse the factory brake light. I don't want to spend more money at this point. I'm starting to lean more towards the Cavfab carrier now. Do you remember if the back of the carrier was mostly enclosed? I live in the midwest and we really like our winter road seasoning.

We place a lot of cutouts on the back of the carrier to get the best coverage for your coating.

Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys 20200903_131342

There is a lot of adjustment for the tag and camera mount to make sure you aren't looking at the inside of your wheel.

We just did a new install of our carrier today and I will see about getting some pics of the screen while backing up.

comatzd

First Name
Danno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Sorry to dredge up an old one, but has anyone gotten one of these from Rusty's since summer? I placed an order (through @Quadratec) back in July and after multiple delays I'm now told a potential ship date of Dec 30, over 5 months from my order.

Probably canceling and getting a CavFab instead...

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Sorry to dredge up an old one, but has anyone gotten one of these from Rusty's since summer? I placed an order (through @Quadratec) back in July and after multiple delays I'm now told a potential ship date of Dec 30, over 5 months from my order.

Very happy with my Rustys but 5 months is a bit too long for my lack of patience.

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Ordered mine (Rusty's) from JeepHut the first week of August and received it the 3rd week of August. Sounds like a quadratec problem. I tried to order rocker armor through Quadratec in May and 2 months later cancelled the order, and then ordered from someone else and had it in 3 weeks. Not sure why quadratec causes delay issues but seems like a pattern.
Sponsored