First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
never heard of the first company, but heard of rusty's. i havent gottn any thing from rusty's yet. with that i would choose rusty because they have been around the jeep industry for a long time and usa made.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Have you thought about the license plate, with the cavfab you will need to relocate it..... rustys you have an option.

DWheelerR

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Photographer
Vehicle Showcase
I installed my Rusty's last weekend. It's a beast. Very well built and the coating is flawless and beautiful. I run 37s and very heavy beadlocks. Very solid and quiet.

Ninja edit.

It's adjustable up and down and also In and out. I have mine second notch from the top and have no sensor issues.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jsmn_jl

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Where are you in NoVA? My Jeep with modified Rustys carrier is in Alexandria if you wanna check it out. I think it’s an awesome carrier.
I am out in Chantilly. Are you ever out this way? Do you feel its any less stable once you removed the "tab"?

OP
OP

jsmn_jl

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I installed my Rusty's last weekend. It's a beast. Very well built and the coating is flawless and beautiful. I run 37s and very heavy beadlocks. Very solid and quiet.

Ninja edit.

It's adjustable up and down and also In and out. I have mine second notch from the top and have no sensor issues.

Looks great. Did you drill the holes in the R "tab"?

Sponsored

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
I am out in Chantilly. Are you ever out this way? Do you feel its any less stable once you removed the "tab"?
I cut the tab off immediately. None of the other similar carriers have one and I didn’t see the cost/benefit ratio to drilling my tailgate.

It’s plenty solid without it.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Rusty’s tire carrier is nice, I didn’t like drilling thru the gate on a customers new JL though. The cavfab stuff is awesome as well is motobilt. There’s several companies make a great tire carrier so you have plenty of options

Brett

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
So far over 1k miles (but no trails yet) on my Rustys and no complaints. Great customer service. Well built and the finish is durable. It was easy to align.

Jeep Wrangler JL Body mount tire carrier: CAVFAB vs. Rustys {filename}