• Total voters

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Hi guys, new here. I’m trying to decide between firecracker red and ocean blue but that’s another topic for another thread.

I’m first trying to decide between body colored fenders and top or standard black. Are there benefits to one over the other? Do you guys think one looks better than the other? Does one age better than another? I’m so indecisive lol. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, new here. I’m trying to decide between firecracker red and ocean blue but that’s another topic for another thread.

I’m first trying to decide between body colored fenders and top or standard black. Are there benefits to one over the other? Do you guys think one looks better than the other? Does one age better than another? I’m so indecisive lol. Thanks for your input.
Black, never been a fan of body colored top or fenders on a Jeep

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I went black on my JK, I’ll never do it again for various reasons. And now the painted has a black trim to it? Painted all the way.

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
We owned a JK Rubi for six years. The black plastic fenders are a nightmare to maintain. I don't care what type of snake oil you use on them. Just don't go there. Got painted fenders on the JLU.

Sponsored

5Ma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JLU
Body color fender. I went with body color fender but kept the black top.

When I went to pick my JLU, a kid pick up a fire cracker red with body color fender and top, looks really sharpe too.

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?

I went with plastic for two reasons. One, they don't get scratched when off road. Should read 'look fine once they're scratched, ;) Two, with such a bright color, I like the contrast.

The plastic will fade. I purchased 303 protectant hoping to minimize the fading.

IMG_5089.JPG

Sponsored

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
Depends on the color, depends on the top etc. I think white looks great with body colored flares and black top as the top provides some needed contrast, but some other colors like granite look good with body colored flares and top, and red I think looks better with black flares and body colored top. Lucky for us they let us choose.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
Someone here said they've never been a fan of color matched fenders on a Jeep. I'm the opposite, I've always been a fan, considering that before the JK, they were all color matched.
Not really... the tj only the Sahara had body colored fender flares, the rest were black, but in case of the front fenders yeah, they weren't all black by default until the jk.

CZ 75

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
303 protectant worked well on my plastic JK fenders. I liked them as trail scratches were no big deal and the 303 covered It up.

I have painted fenders on the JL and I want to do clear bra on them.

Local professionals want like $1100 to clear bra the front end. Crazy.

doubletap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR
I prefer black/non-painted for durability off-roading. Also due to the preponderance of Colorado pinstriping on my vehicles, I must consider the color and/or sheen of the body paint. I do not prefer body color top and body color fenders as it starts to look like H3 styling.