• Total voters

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
You'll literally need to apply it once or twice a week for as long as you own the Jeep to keep the flares looking tip top.
I'll apply it every wash. It only takes an additional 5-6 minutes to wipe it on after I wash the jeep. Even still, I fully expect them to looked faded in 3-4 years.

My CJ7 had Rino-lined metal flairs. They greyed and required some work to look nice. But I didn't worry about scratching them.

I was mostly worried what painted flares would look like after a day like today...

IMG_5129.JPG

IMG_5133.JPG

EsTxDr

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Its to bad we can't order painted flares in a different color from body color. Would be an interesting option.

JBall

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi/Billet Silver
Black-love the contrast.

Sponsored

keviper

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler Winter Edition
This^^^^^^
I use 303 on my JK, but I heard that the new fenders are a bit different material. Any idea if 303 will still work on the JL?

OP
OP
sleepnclass

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Thanks guys. Gonna go with body color. Now idk if I want firecracker red or ocean blue..

tjrgsa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2000 Camaro SS
Occupation
IT
Originally I thought it was a no-brainer to go unpainted fenders with the granite color, but after seeing it in person they look more gray than black. Leaning towards painted now because the two-tone breaks it up a bit more I feel. What's odd is the top definitely seems closer to a true black, like in this pic (which is a random one from googling):

upload_2018-6-3_9-22-26.png

BVGeezer

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU, 1982 FJ40
Occupation
Retired
Our 2012 JKR of course had the black plastic. They were a real pain to maintain. We tried every product advertised for restoring the black plastic fenders. Somebody suggested Wipe New. We were amazed at the results. Most all the other products left a residue that attracted dust and required at least a monthly application. Wipe New will last several months. Just follow the directions exactly. Before the first application you may want to use a degreaser like Mean Green. It also works great for door and kick panel scuffs and scuffs in the cargo area. We did order our JLR with body color fenders.

Sangiuolo11

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get the color keyed fenders after market somewhere? Whether it’s from Jeep themselves or not? Looking to swap the plastic ones out for the white color keyed ones

Sponsored

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
Does anyone know if it’s possible to get the color keyed fenders after market somewhere? Whether it’s from Jeep themselves or not? Looking to swap the plastic ones out for the white color keyed ones

Look into part # 82215740. Looking at the Mopar accessory book now and that's that part # it shows for 4dr fender flares with a paintable surface.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I order painted fenders. My reasoning is if I damage them or end up not liking them, they can be easily be replaced with black non-painted fenders for less than $500. Also it would cost a lot more to switch to painted fenders.

Last edited:

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
I did not like the painted fenders on JK's but really like them on the JL's. I think it's how the top half is painted and bottom half is black so it gives it a 2 tone look.

mazeppa

First Name
y = x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Originally I thought it was a no-brainer to go unpainted fenders with the granite color, but after seeing it in person they look more gray than black. Leaning towards painted now because the two-tone breaks it up a bit more I feel. What's odd is the top definitely seems closer to a true black, like in this pic (which is a random one from googling):

upload_2018-6-3_9-22-26.png
I thought it was a no-brainer also until I seen the JL black fenders in person; I did not care for the color and texture of the material used in the new style of fender. Do not know but maybe this type of material will not fade from UV sunlight rays in time.

imthatguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe Bright White
Occupation
Film Editor
Vehicle Showcase
I much prefer the look of plastic/unpainted. Especially when combined with the black roof. It just feels more utilitarian to me. And looks hella good on Sting Grey. :)
Sponsored