Sponsored

Body Color or Black roof for Rubicon?

Silver or Black roof for Rubicon Unlimited (silver)? I'm sticking with black fender flares.

• Black

• Silver

Results are only viewable after voting.

greenegger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Going to order an Unlimited Rubicon in silver and sticking with the black fender flares (might linex one day too). Undecided on whether to stick with the black roof though. Initially thought I'd go with the body color roof just to give it a different look half of the year, now I'm not so sure. What would you go for? Anyone seen decent photos of the Rubicon in silver with body color roof? I've only found a few "spy" shots from far away of the european model.
Sponsored

alphalife9

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 C6, Sting Gray JLUR
I think silver is one of the colors that pulls off the color-matched top really well.

jaldeborgh

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Elite, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2017 Lotus Evora 400, 1949 Triumph 2000 (under restoration), 2004 Ducati Monster S4R, 2003 BMW K1200RS, and 4 Vespa scooters.
Occupation
Semiconductor Capital Equipment Sales Executive
I would go with the body color. Iā€™ve just ordered a white JLUR with the body color top and a tan soft top for the summer. I like the idea of changing the look between seasons. The truth is there is no wrong answer.

COBoarder

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS Ocean Blue
The look of the body color top on the silver wrangler is fantastic. I have 2014 JKUR Billet Silver with matching hard top and it looks great during the winter and once Summer comes, I love changing the look with a black soft top.

sjl136

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Willys 2dr, ā€˜90 YJ, '22 4Runner
I just left the dealer after placing my order for a JLUR in Billet Silver, painted fenders and top. Harder choice though if you go black fenders. The black fenders and top would look great and be more traditional, but black fenders and silver top would be unique. Iā€™m hoping the silver top keeps the Jeep a little cooler in the summer sun than the black one would and that the painted top is easier to clean and remove ice and snow from.

Sponsored

CRC

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR Hard Rock, 2023 Toyota Camry XLE AWD
Black fenders, black top; painted fenders painted top.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
My Silver JK Hard Rock is painted top and it looks awesome. The Silver painted top is prob the best looking paint match IMO. That being said I went White with the new JL and the painted top was just too much White. I stuck with Black top and it looks better with White. The Silver is great with painted top but.... Mine is with painted fenders. Maybe since you went Black fenders the Black top would be better. I know. I helped you exactly zero :)

Untitled.png

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
Iā€™m kind of a fenders and top should match guy. So if I were getting the black fenders Iā€™d probably get the black top

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
My Silver JK Hard Rock is painted top and it looks awesome. The Silver painted top is prob the best looking paint match IMO. That being said I went White with the new JL and the painted top was just too much White. I stuck with Black top and it looks better with White. The Silver is great with painted top but.... Mine is with painted fenders. Maybe since you went Black fenders the Black top would be better. I know. I helped you exactly zero :)

Untitled.png
I think both look good, but the Unlimiteds with the same colored top remind me of the older boxier Cherokees.

Sierra Nevada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red Rubi JL Unlimited
Recently chg'd my mind about an all red rubi. Now red rubi with red flares with black 3-piece hard top. Just looks better. Also, was concerned the all red rubi was too flashy. The black hard top will tone the red color down a bit while still keeping the red color.

Sponsored

Nate

First Name
Mr. A-hole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Grand Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist, Gunsmith and Dumbass Whisperer
Recently chg'd my mind about an all red rubi. Now red rubi with red flares with black 3-piece hard top. Just looks better. Alsoj, was concerned the all red rubi was too flashy. The black hard top will tone the red color down a bit while still keeping the red color.
Staring to lean this way myself since Iā€™ve been playing with the configurations. Looks classy.

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
All depends. Since you said Black fenders I would go Black top. Painted fenders, painted top. My last two Wranglers have been Billet Silver. Love the all painted but if u are going Black fenders, Black top. Just IMO. Billet looks great with painted top but some colors DO NOT work. White with White painted top is too much White. Same with Red. I agree with @Nate and @Sierra Nevada. Somebody posted their Red with painted fenders and Black top today and it looks awesome, I mean awesome but with Painted top it would be too much Red IMO. Edit... The guy that posted his Red JL/Black top/Painted fenders was @leafsfan1970. Looks awesome!!

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Staring to lean this way myself since Iā€™ve been playing with the configurations. Looks classy.
That's how I ordered mine, except with soft top. I almost went dual top but didnt in the end. If I had, it would have most certainly been black.

Blood Type J+

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 TJ Sport 6-cyl
More money for something that will likely get banged around and scratched by taking it on and off? In my mind, there's no logical reason to get a painted roof or fenders BUT if the aesthetics are worth the price to you, heck yeah, go for it =)
Sponsored