Body-Color Fender Flares and Hard Top?

TurqJeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I'm sure this question has been asked plenty before, but I'm wondering how difficult it is to find body colored fender flares and/or hard top for some of the less common colors? I see you can buy a primed hard top from a few sites, but haven't really seen anywhere offering body color except for individual sellers.

For context, I'm in the market for a Mojito! JLUR. I prefer manual, but the few manuals I'm seeing all come with black fender flares and either a soft top or black hard top. It's understandable if someone doesn't want to shell out for an automatic, they're unlikely to shell out for those body color options too, but man you'd think there would be ONE out there for sale!

Thanks yall,
Dan
Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
my guess is you would have to look for a while before you might find one, but I could be wrong. I think for the mojito color you might have better luck buying one that's primered then find a body shop to paint it tbh. I did a little searching myself because I was thinking I'd do a black hard top for wheeling and a painted hard top for street driving but there didn't seem to be much (any) painted hard tops for sale when I was looking.

you can always order a jeep with the options you want as well, I ended up going the opposite direction as you when I selected the options for my JLUR. I wanted the black hard top so I don't cry when it's scratched to hell from wheeling, and I wanted the black fender flares because I'm going to replace them with aftermarket ones anyways. look up the recommended dealers thread here, find a dealer close to you and place a order for a manual with painted fenders and hard top!

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Any good body shop should be able to prep and paint a black hardtop any color you want.

OP
OP
TurqJeep

TurqJeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Thanks, it's good to know a body shop might be able to do it. I guess it should be easy enough to get the exact paint match for Mojito!? Also good to know I shouldn't expect to have much luck finding someone selling them. As far as ordering one, you better believe I'll be first in line to do so if Jeep brings back Mojito! Any time in the next couple years!

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Mojito Green is a nice color. Good luck on your hunt.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Any good body shop should be able to prep and paint a black hardtop any color you want.
I haven’t done it, but I’ve read that having the black hard top painted is a pain because it is textured. I would recommend getting a quote before assuming it will be cost-effective.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Yep, get a quote. It would have to be sanded smooth, then primed before painting. Prob still cheaper than finding a painted one then having the color changed.
Sponsored