Sponsored

Body Bolts Question

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Hey guys. I got a quick question.

My LOD sliders are coming tomorrow. 4 of the 6 brackets have to slide around body bolts. Instructions say you might have to loosen them to slide the bracket around them. It says do not remove them, which I knew.

My question is will I damage anything just loosing them a few turns if needed? I swore I read here if you try and loosen them you can snap them off even.

Can I get some education about them, please.

Thanks so much!

jim
Sponsored

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Hey guys. I got a quick question.

My LOD sliders are coming tomorrow. 4 of the 6 brackets have to slide around body bolts. Instructions say you might have to loosen them to slide the bracket around them. It says do not remove them, which I knew.

My question is will I damage anything just loosing them a few turns if needed? I swore I read here if you try and loosen them you can snap them off even.

Can I get some education about them, please.

Thanks so much!

jim
I didn't have to loosen any of mine. I would use extreme care if you do have to as several have snapped one off. You will have to loosen the nuts on the side of the body bolts, those are no problem.

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok cool guys. Thanks. I watched a video also and they said with a plastic mallet and some light taps they worked them in place. They r suppose to come Wednesday. CAnt wait!

xaugievike

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Clubs

x3 on getting them on without having to worry about it. Driver went on pretty easy, passenger took a little persuasion.

Sponsored

WagzDad

First Name
Carroll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I only had to loosen 1. It is the washer that you need to move if needed. Try it first without loosening them, I’ve heard more not having to than needing to.

FYI, a motorcycle Jack is extremely helpful if you are working solo.

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks again guys. My buddy is going to help Me. He has owned a bunch of jeeps over the years. I hope we don’t have to deal with them. I guess i will find out when they get here. I appreciate all the insite.

jim

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't have to touch the dreaded body bolts either, too hang my Destroyers. Found that slipping the slider brackets over the washers at an angle helped. A second set of hands definitely helped ensure that i didn't find out what they taste like. Lol

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
another quick question. i'm going to sell my rubicon rails that came with the truck. any opinions on what they are worth? they have 3000 miles of use on them. not a ding on them yet though.

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
another quick question. i'm going to sell my rubicon rails that came with the truck. any opinions on what they are worth? they have 3000 miles of use on them. not a ding on them yet though.
Worth $50 - $80 these days. Few want them. Took me a bunch of price drops to finally get rid of mine when I went to Rock Slide Engineering rails.

Sponsored

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks for the info. i appreciate it.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I've had mine listed in the pay it forward section for a couple months now. Had a couple local people interested, but apparently not enough to take a 20ish mile drive for them.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ok cool guys. Thanks. I watched a video also and they said with a plastic mallet and some light taps they worked them in place. They r suppose to come Wednesday. CAnt wait!
Congrats! You'll love em. Did you go for the Destroyers or Signatures?

Fire Burns

First Name
Fire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6; 2006 Chrysler 300c SRT-8
Can't give them away these days then!

I swear, when I was trying to sell mine, I kept seeing this local Sport running around my kids' high school with nothing at all covering the pinch seam. I was just about to give my rails away when I finally got a buyer!

OP
OP

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats! You'll love em. Did you go for the Destroyers or Signatures?
Actually armor lites. Cause of our winters and I won’t be rock crawling with them. Mostly river trips For pulling a boat and Forest roads and fields while up my buddy’s cabin.

Nothing crazy so I went that route.
Sponsored