Sponsored

Body Armor Trail Doors Install - I have questions!

Ben1000

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2021
Howdy... I just purchased the Body Armor Trails Doors for my JLU, and have read both the manufacturers directions and Quadratec's video instructions. Both seems to be fairly good but with some errors. I have a couple of questions that maybe you can answer if you've installed these...

1) My stock hinge nuts will not fit on these doors. It appears it's the wrong thread. I usually leave these off anyways, but it's recommended to put these on to keep the hinge pins flush while adjusting. Did you find this too? Or are you able to install the OME hinge nuts onto the doors with no issues?

2) Persuant to the last point... Without the hinge nuts, it appears the Door pins are not 100% flush in the hinges. There's a slight downward angle towards the rear. Is this a problem? I'm not sure how to fix this while still following the directions... Did you manage to get yours to sit perfectly flush?

3) I am missing the door check straps in the kit. I assume I can just email Body Armor and they'll send some out. Did yours come with them?

Thanks! I appreciate any answers you may have...

Best,

Ben
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ben1000

Ben1000

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU 2021
OK, I found the check straps... They were zip-tied to the door fabric... Oops!