Sponsored

Body Armor 4x4 Full Width bumper and tire carrier?

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Any experience with Body Armor 4x4 Full Width bumper and tire carrier?

Looking at these:
https://www.bodyarmor4x4.com/product/jl-tire-carrier/
https://www.bodyarmor4x4.com/product/jl-rear-bumper-2018-2020/

Design, Construction, and price point seem good. Fits up to a 40, retains OEM tow hitch and camera, wrap around protects the tub, and includes a plate mounting kit. my buddy can get them for me at a small discount. It hits all my marks.

Most of the ratings/ reviews I was able to find were from JK’s. Not sure how much translates.

Any experience with this company or these specific models?

if I missed a thread with info/ review on these, feel free to link me.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@RubiSc0tt

i picked up the ba bumper and tire carrier from quadratec in dec. of 20. i'm waiting for a little warmer and dryer weather to install it. t (soon)his setup checked all of my boxes as well and cant beat the price. of all the review that i've read. i was happy in getting it. checked it out when it came in and i'm happy with it. the quality is pretty good and looks to be a strong setup.i do have a post on here. let me see if i can find it.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
These had decent reviews so I just pulled the trigger. We'll see how it goes.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
though I didn't get the tire carrier (running the rugged ridge tailgate reinforcement), I am really pleased with my bumper: no need to wait for cooler weather, just take the old bumper in the kitchen to disassemble & get the wiring harness out ;)
in all seriousness, the longest time WAS spent getting the wiring harness out, everythihng else was easy peasy
Jeep Wrangler JL Body Armor 4x4 Full Width bumper and tire carrier? AAF57A92-58A7-4CFC-A6D4-E78EC8C75F10

Sponsored

OP
OP
RubiSc0tt

RubiSc0tt

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
though I didn't get the tire carrier (running the rugged ridge tailgate reinforcement), I am really pleased with my bumper: no need to wait for cooler weather, just take the old bumper in the kitchen to disassemble & get the wiring harness out ;)
in all seriousness, the longest time WAS spent getting the wiring harness out, everythihng else was easy peasy
AAF57A92-58A7-4CFC-A6D4-E78EC8C75F10.jpeg
Looks good. got any pics from the side, or from the ground looking up at the coverage? Mine is still in a box on the floor of my garage. It's finally starting to thaw here in NY. I have a few things to to before setting up for it. Thanks for the heads up on the old bumper. I seem to remember doing the same thing the front bumper was also a pain.

Also: what lights did you end up going with? did you install before or after the bumper was on?

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
Looks good. got any pics from the side, or from the ground looking up at the coverage? Mine is still in a box on the floor of my garage. It's finally starting to thaw here in NY. I have a few things to to before setting up for it. Thanks for the heads up on the old bumper. I seem to remember doing the same thing the front bumper was also a pain.

Also: what lights did you end up going with? did you install before or after the bumper was on?
I went with the Baja designs squadron sport in the wide cornering beam for my backup lights..and I guarantee, you're going to want to put them in BEFORE you install the bumper.
I'll try to get some additional pictures tomorrow if it doesn't start raining like forecasted too early

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S

shots fro side, under & rear: factory tire mount with 315 KO2
Jeep Wrangler JL Body Armor 4x4 Full Width bumper and tire carrier? 9D930619-460E-49C5-8699-87F9A4B9E414
Jeep Wrangler JL Body Armor 4x4 Full Width bumper and tire carrier? FF2177DE-5D2D-466F-B4D8-EF9359A6226B
Jeep Wrangler JL Body Armor 4x4 Full Width bumper and tire carrier? 6824FF54-7FA2-4A6A-B923-DA6CA8ED54D0
Sponsored