Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Rear bumper and sliders are on. I’m very impressed with the fit and finish. Everything goes together great and is very beefy.

MC really put out a great product with all three prices. I’m surprised now why more people aren’t talking abut them.

Brett

FF666D24-3B69-4B51-8119-1DC502FC0C3B.jpeg

035AFDCF-3867-479D-93FF-2160DCEEDADC.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also got an awesome fixture table that will be helpful with all the fab projects we work with. Currently it’s holding my sons buggy that he ran into a tree a while back and needs the entire front end rebuilt.

Brett

C51927E5-FB22-4247-87E8-7EA0074FFBED.jpeg

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did a glamor shot yesterday of mine. Bit by bit it’s coming together

Brett

245F9324-E05B-4C56-BB46-AFFA16203592.jpeg

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Rear bumper and sliders are on. I’m very impressed with the fit and finish. Everything goes together great and is very beefy.

MC really put out a great product with all three prices. I’m surprised now why more people aren’t talking abut them.

Brett

FF666D24-3B69-4B51-8119-1DC502FC0C3B.jpeg

035AFDCF-3867-479D-93FF-2160DCEEDADC.jpeg
Love the rear bumper, no tail gate rubbing and no ripping off the hitch wiring.. you’ve seen that before.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love the rear bumper, no tail gate rubbing and no ripping off the hitch wiring.. you’ve seen that before.
Lol. You’re exactly who I thought of when I saw it moved out of the way!

Brett

Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We’ve had a lot going on lately! Added 4200sq ft of Concrete and doing a 460 sq ft office with bathroom and more than likely a loft. Alignment machine has given me my last headache last week then the hard drive failed. This was a week after the main board needed replacing. Going to be having a new computer built for it to reduce the downtime! Besides that nothing much to report on our jeeps. Need to get over and have the redneck ram installed before we start offering it.

Stay tuned for my new license plate bracket and light from Texas metal works along with more shelf updates!

Brett

49D7553E-EC01-4C46-A46C-DED782CABA78.jpeg

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We are having a lot going on at the shop. Still at a standstill on the office until I can find someone to do the plumbing for the slab extension. I’ve been told it’s less than $100 in parts and about 2 hrs of time and the going offers have been around $1000. I’m all about paying someone for their experience and expertise but $450 and hour seems a little high when I’ll be the one on the shovel.

This week we will be the second shop in the country to install a long range America fuel tank. This will give you an additional 15ish gallons of gas. Goes in the place of the battery on the 2.0. Currently for 3.6 only.

We’re still working on a gigantic build for an awesome local guy. This thing has a bit of everything like, 40s, beadlocks, trusses, psc hydro Steering, artec skids, 4.5” RK lift, radflo shocks, and much, much more. It’s also shown that I need a second two post lift for the quicker turn around projects.

Finally and has been the hardest decision....I’m selling my personal JLUR. I ordered a new F350 last week due to the extensive travel schedule we have for wheeling this year and the need for a new truck was evident due to all the hauling we do. Some of y’all know but I’m a career fireman and operate the shop on my days off (20 days a month) this allows me to have the flexibility in scheduling like so many have experienced. Not many places can do a build on sat/sun to help accommodate a busy families schedule. That said, two jeep notes, a truck note was a little more than I wanted to carry with my FD income and don’t want to ever feel pressured to make money with the shop as I feel that would possibly influence my recommendations. It will always be what is best for the customer and the customers goal. I strive to be an excellent steward of your hard earned money and recommend the best products regardless of who has “the best margins at the time”.

We still have Lindsay’s JLUR and now instead of having to build two, I can just focus on one! She has already told me we’re not taking hers wheeling until she gets some skids and more armor! I have met my match!

The cargo shelves we have worked with @JohnP at texasmetalworks.com are back from powder and we are excited get them to everyone! Look for more info on the cargo shelf thread or my sig. John had the vision and execution for an absolutely terrific product and we were excited to be a small part to bring them to everyone!

Brett

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Plumbing is probably something you can DIY with some guidance if you know what it is that you want. I’m NOT a plumber but I will be certified to do service and installation of propane systems by the end of the month. No, that’s not what I do for a living at all - long story. After February 1 I can help if you want to tackle it.

Bummer about getting rid of your Jeep. So now Lindsay has to let you do whatever mods you want with hers. Lol.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plumbing is probably something you can DIY with some guidance if you know what it is that you want. I’m NOT a plumber but I will be certified to do service and installation of propane systems by the end of the month. No, that’s not what I do for a living at all - long story. After February 1 I can help if you want to tackle it.

Bummer about getting rid of your Jeep. So now Lindsay has to let you do whatever mods you want with hers. Lol.
It doesn’t look terrible. Might stop and see a buddy for a parts list today. That seems like the hardest part is getting all the fittings that I need and you know how close we are to a hardware store!

That’s exciting about being certified with propane. Doing a career shift or just something they wanted you to get?

I’ll miss my Jeep but the truck will allow a lot more freedom to travel farther and in all honestly a little more comfort as well. Only having to pay to build one will be great. Might do the PSC on hers too!

Brett

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It doesn’t look terrible. Might stop and see a buddy for a parts list today. That seems like the hardest part is getting all the fittings that I need and you know how close we are to a hardware store!

That’s exciting about being certified with propane. Doing a career shift or just something they wanted you to get?

I’ll miss my Jeep but the truck will allow a lot more freedom to travel farther and in all honestly a little more comfort as well. Only having to pay to build one will be great. Might do the PSC on hers too!

Brett
Long story. I’m going through category E management certification through Texas Railroad Commission which includes propane system install/service certification. But I don’t do anything remotely associated with that work as a part of my job. Just a cert that my bosses think looks good on my resume. I’m still in transportation safety but our drivers exclusively transport LNG products so it’s related. Transport is only a part of the management certification, so I’ll be certified to do a ton of stuff I’ll never do for work.

Pay a plumber $100 to take a look at it and tell you everything, $100 for parts, DIY the labor. $800 more for Jeep parts.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it’s been a crazy couple weeks. We ordered a new truck to haul our trailer with jeeps on and it finally came in with plenty of time for Easter Jeep Safari. As everyone knows that was cancelled. However, the show must go on. I traded my Jeep in on my truck, took it back to 100% bone stock. Swapped the 5.13 axles with Lindsay’s that still had the 4.10s and adding the MC skids to here as well. Already moved over the front and rear bumper. Her jeep looks great.

Was planning on leaving the truck alone but that not happening. Have a Carli lift coming Wednesday and a ton of more goodies on the way. Already changed out the tires, these are as expensive as jeeps if not worse because everything is gigantic on them. So far I absolutely love it but when it comes to parking the Jeep is sorely missed.

Brett

135F907B-10F9-4C6D-B682-180F35291030.jpeg

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Well it’s been a crazy couple weeks. We ordered a new truck to haul our trailer with jeeps on and it finally came in with plenty of time for Easter Jeep Safari. As everyone knows that was cancelled. However, the show must go on. I traded my Jeep in on my truck, took it back to 100% bone stock. Swapped the 5.13 axles with Lindsay’s that still had the 4.10s and adding the MC skids to here as well. Already moved over the front and rear bumper. Her jeep looks great.

Was planning on leaving the truck alone but that not happening. Have a Carli lift coming Wednesday and a ton of more goodies on the way. Already changed out the tires, these are as expensive as jeeps if not worse because everything is gigantic on them. So far I absolutely love it but when it comes to parking the Jeep is sorely missed.

Brett

Yea real crazy. I got got all the mandatory planned upgrades done in time for EJS. I seem to overfill my PSC system, but other than that good to go.

Wish we were all there,

NewTXJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Brett

Sorry to hear buddy !!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.