Not open for further replies.

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
If you like mud, that’s your place. We took our old rhino out there exactly one time and that was more than enough for me. I hate cleaning mud and it seems like even 2 years later I could still find traces of it. Didnt help I was trying to show my brother the dangers of crusted over mud pits and how they look safe to walk on but they aren’t. Well I was showing him a little to well and ended up falling thru and caught myself at my neck level. Nope, no thanks. If you come out this way let me know.

I think roam could really be a leader in the market place but they are falling short by over promising and under delivering. Why advertise stuff when it’s not available for months? The website sucks and I hear they don’t include instructions.

Brett
Ugh... hmmm.... uhhhh... hmmm.... yeah I do like mud, but not LOTS of it... :giggle:

Yeah, well I would give ROAM the benefit of the doubt at this point. A lot of vendors are late or delayed, mostly due to the holidays and SEMA and the fact they are all new products. I get it. It's hard having that kind of patience though.
Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
Ugh... hmmm.... uhhhh... hmmm.... yeah I do like mud, but not LOTS of it... :giggle:

Yeah, well I would give ROAM the benefit of the doubt at this point. A lot of vendors are late or delayed, mostly due to the holidays and SEMA and the fact they are all new products. I get it. It's hard having that kind of patience though.
Ordered motobilts diff covers on nov 26th. Still don’t have them. I get it but communication goes a long ways. I called on Monday to check on their status and have yet to hear back. Was going to do gears tomorrow but looks like I’ll be waiting. Hopefully they come in soon. When I talked to them a week and a half ago he said they were being bent and welded and would be out soon. I get being busy but it’ll be close to a month and that’s ridiculous to me.

Brett

IPvFletch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUSS
Ordered motobilts diff covers on nov 26th. Still don’t have them. I get it but communication goes a long ways. I called on Monday to check on their status and have yet to hear back. Was going to do gears tomorrow but looks like I’ll be waiting. Hopefully they come in soon. When I talked to them a week and a half ago he said they were being bent and welded and would be out soon. I get being busy but it’ll be close to a month and that’s ridiculous to me.

Brett
Dang, yeah, I ordered my Motobilt Diff covers on 11/19, well before the Black Friday madness - but it was the first day of their 20% off sale, actually. I finally got irritated enough to call them around 11/27 and they said "sorry it got lost in the mess - we sold 49 diff covers over the Black Friday sale" uhhh :( :cwl: :angry: whatever, but the guy was cool and checked on it and called me back and they shipped out the very next day and arrived 2 days later. I was happy again, but yeah some of these smaller biz's cannot scale when they have big sales or new products, etc.. it's gotta be tough though...

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Why 5.13's for 37s? That seems a bit too low. I ran 4.88's with my 35's on the JK with the intention of going to 37s. It seemed way overgeared for 35's. I'm still running 4.10's on my JLU with 37's and haven't had the urge to regear yet. It feels like it pulls just as hard as it did with the stock tires. It actually seems strangely quicker on the low end. I've thought about doing gears later but I don't think I'll go larger than 4.56's unless I decide to go to 40's.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Why 5.13's for 37s? That seems a bit too low. I ran 4.88's with my 35's on the JK with the intention of going to 37s. It seemed way overgeared for 35's. I'm still running 4.10's on my JLU with 37's and haven't had the urge to regear yet. It feels like it pulls just as hard as it did with the stock tires. It actually seems strangely quicker on the low end. I've thought about doing gears later but I don't think I'll go larger than 4.56's unless I decide to go to 40's.
We have the 6 speed. Kicking myself now because an auto would be much easier off roading and crawling but oh well. It has the double OD and like a .67 final. 5-6 aren’t really useable with 6 putting me around 1800 on the highway where it has very little power. The 5.13s will put me about 200-300 higher than stock on the highway which should be useful and help mileage a bunch. Honestly can’t find any negatives with this gear set except for losing more warranty

Brett

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
We have the 6 speed. Kicking myself now because an auto would be much easier off roading and crawling but oh well. It has the double OD and like a .67 final. 5-6 aren’t really useable with 6 putting me around 1800 on the highway where it has very little power. The 5.13s will put me about 200-300 higher than stock on the highway which should be useful and help mileage a bunch. Honestly can’t find any negatives with this gear set except for losing more warranty

Brett
Ah, makes sense now. I've noticed the manual guys require a bit more out of the pumpkin!

anotheraznguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mojito JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Brett

I feel your pain. i ordered mine on Nov 19 along with a rear bumper and just got the diff covers on monday and the rear bumper on tuesday. When i order from motobilt i expect it to take about a month. Just the way it is with these type of products. Also, you could regear now and then when you change your gear oil in a few hundred miles hopefully the diff covers would be on deck for you. Also, i usually just e-mail them for a status update. They are pretty quick with their responses.

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I feel your pain. i ordered mine on Nov 19 along with a rear bumper and just got the diff covers on monday and the rear bumper on tuesday. When i order from motobilt i expect it to take about a month. Just the way it is with these type of products. Also, you could regear now and then when you change your gear oil in a few hundred miles hopefully the diff covers would be on deck for you. Also, i usually just e-mail them for a status update. They are pretty quick with their responses.
I talked to them today. Great group of guys and I’m happy for the success they are having. Terrific product and likely some growing pains with having to fulfill huge orders. I’ve already decided to do what you were thinking and after 500 miles when I change the oil put the new covers on. Excited to see how much the gears wake it up!

Brett

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got the skids mostly done today. Spun the rivnut when I got the wrong bolt cross threaded. I ordered these around early October thinking we were getting our Jeep mid November. Since then they have updated the skids and instructions. I was using the older style with new instructions. Wasn’t clear there was a standard bolt for use with the rivnut then metric for everything else. Was a pain in the butt to remove the swollen rivnut and retrieve it from the frame so it wouldn’t rattle.

Apparently the new ones don’t require cutting off part of the factory gas tank skid. Instruction didn’t mention it, videos I’ve seen did. Eric and will at MC we’re great. They are sending me out new hardware and also emailed me the correct instructions.

Jeep is still on the lift. Doing the gears when I get Home Sunday. Motobilt diff covers were ordered nov 26 and still haven’t seen sent. I’ve been talking with them. They were slammed after their big sale. Was really wanting to put them on after doing the gears but the way it’s looking is I’ll swap them on when I do the 500 mile diff change.

Also tensioned the winch line yesterday. Really laid in nice

Brett

F26A7401-20DC-406D-B43F-8C013CED4027.jpeg

A426E6E1-1205-43B7-9D28-21F671FAF0DA.jpeg

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went across our creek and flexed it out. Hit bump stops in the front and had a hair more to go in the rear. No spotter so I didn’t want to push it to far.

Brett

9528A905-EDC5-41C5-B78F-57261BE7A099.jpeg

Sponsored

RubiFarmer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Did you end up getting the beadlock rings painted to match the granite crystal? Looking to do the same thing and curious how yours turned out. Love how your build has turned out!

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you end up getting the beadlock rings painted to match the granite crystal? Looking to do the same thing and curious how yours turned out. Love how your build has turned out!
Thanks! I haven’t done them yet. Waiting for the roam west coast sliders so I can have him do the “roam” logo and 5 rings but at this point I’m considering just painting the logo and moving forward with the rings! I’ll call the powdercoat guy tomorrow so I can drop them off.

Brett

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Motobilt diff covers finally came in. Going to paint them today and change the diff oil this week. Need to get some more gear oil still. Going with amsoil, want to see how it works out.

Still waiting on the sliders and bumper/tire carrier. Would love to go to marble falls for a shake down ride but want this how it’ll be in Moab first. We’re about 3 months out.

Brett

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been a while since an update. Ordered all steer smart stuff to hopefully cure DW. Jeep is currently parked. Last ride was 17 miles one way and had to pull over 8 times due to DW.

Against my better judgement, I ordered my wife a JL yesterday. Will be just like mine but automatic, sting grey and remote start. She’s excited

Will post after the steer smart stuff goes in

Brett

Cody6597

First Name
Elliott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get your Roam rear bumper?
Sponsored